Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

American Dreams Online / American Dreams Photo Gallery

American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition)

Buy American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > American Dreams
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Nick Picks Up High School Comedy; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 4, 2014)
Antenna TV's Bewitched 50th Anniversary in September Hosted by Erin Murphy (Tabitha); Paramount Announces New Comedy for Web
TV Land Orders New Sitcom Starring Jim Gaffigan; FX Laughs It Up on Monday Nights with Sheen, Grammer and Lawrence
Melissa Joan Hart Explains It All On truTV Tonight; Comedy Central Renews Two Series for 3rd Seasons
FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-23-2004, 05:50 PM   #1
ADFamily
Occasional Poster

Default New love interest for Beth!

I just found a press release on the NBC Universal Village site that says there is going to be a new love interest for Beth! Sounds like it will last several episodes at least. What about JJ?

NEWLY POPULAR SINGER-SONGWRITER BEN TAYLOR ('THE BEN TAYLOR BAND') MAKES HIS ACTING DEBUT ON SEASON PREMIERE OF NBC'S 'AMERICAN DREAMS'
Published: June 22, 2004

The Ben Taylor Band Currently in Studio to Record New Album, Another Run Around the Sun, Release to Coincide with Series Opener This Fall

BURBANK, Calif. -- June 22, 2004 -- Rising musical prodigy Ben Taylor makes his acting debut guest-starring in a multi-story arc as Cal, a struggling singer-songwriter in the mid-1960s who will also be performing in the Lair -- and provides a new romantic interest for Beth Mason (Rachel Boston) -- in the third season of NBC's hit drama, 'American Dreams' (Sundays, 8-9 p.m. ET).
Taylor is currently in an Atlanta studio recording the Ben Taylor Band's follow-up album to their 2003 critically acclaimed debut, Famous Among the Barns. Recording with producer Rick Beato (Ingram Hill, Flickerstick, The Rising), the band's new album titled Another Run Around the Sun, is expected to be released this Fall to coincide with the season premiere of NBC's "American Dreams," which will also feature original music from this album.

"It's our show's good luck to have Ben Taylor playing the Beatles' 'In My Life' last season," said 'American Dreams' executive producer Jonathan Prince. "There will be romantic tension between Ben's character and Beth, played by Rachel Boston. How could there not be? A good-looking guy with a guitar who sings like an angel."
Old 06-24-2004, 12:07 AM   #2
Storywriter
Tcha! You Know What.

Cool I was

I was actually hoping JJ and Beth would stay together....On The Account of.....He's the father of her baby.....Mel
Attached Images

Proud Adult Disney channel and Nickelodeon fan in her 30's
Old 06-24-2004, 01:23 AM   #3
drbrun0
Frequent Poster

Wellll, technically, it says that there is romantic tension not an actual romance between them...

But, yes, what about JJ? As runner of the Beth and JJ fanlisting, this bit of news has me going :-/
Old 06-24-2004, 02:23 PM   #4
Mrs.Estes
Occasional Poster

being a big J.J. fan i would really like it if he and Beth didn't get back together. they seem to never agree on anything and i dont think that J.J. will want to be a father.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:12 PM   #5
dancinqueen037
Frequent Poster

Unhappy

hmmmm...im a big jjand beth fan so this is a little dissapointing..but yes it did only say "tension" not a relationship..at least lets hope not. i guess this means that jj is most likely not coming home for a few episodes..
im still pulling for jj and beth!!!:
Old 06-24-2004, 03:34 PM   #6
Mrs.Estes
Occasional Poster

on a different topic (kinda) who thinks J.J. will come home. in the last episode it seemed like he was in heavy combat. i think he will come home because he is J.J. and J.J. is invicable(sry i cant spell) (thoses face thingys are so much fun)
Old 06-24-2004, 03:55 PM   #7
drbrun0
Frequent Poster

I'm thinking that maybe JJ is going to get taken POW, hopefully not for the whole season though. I don't think they'll kill him, but I'm definitely thinking something will happen--such as POW.

Personally, I think it would be far out of character for JJ to not want to be a dad. JJ, especially since joining the marines, has developed a pretty big sense of personal responsiblity and doing what's right. I think when it's all said and done, he will want to be with Beth and their baby. Yes, Beth and JJ do disagree from time-to-time, but all couples disagree. It is very obvious watching them though that they care very deeply for one another and are crazy about each other.

Just another thought here... What if JJ gets back and notices romantic tension between Beth and new guy? We get more jealous JJ, which totally rocks when he gets all jealous over the thought of Beth being with someone else...
Old 06-24-2004, 06:05 PM   #8
ADFamily
Occasional Poster

Default What will happen to JJ?

I am guessing also that he will become a POW for a time. They'll probably bring him home in a big surprise tearjerker episode - maybe around Christmas? I think his character would want to be a father and that eventually, after some struggles he will end up with Beth! I'm hoping anyway!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:27 PM   #9
nicole_adluver4
Frequent Poster

That's also what i was thinking...JJ becoming a POW. BUt, hopefully he won't be one for too long.
just me and my thoughts
sitting far away
"All at Sea" by Jamie Cullum
Old 06-24-2004, 09:38 PM   #10
drbrun0
Frequent Poster

I think it would be interesting if JJ were taken POW, then when he was found/released, the family somehow didn't get notification and they still think he's missing and/or dead. Then, he shows up at home on Christmas Eve...
Old 06-24-2004, 11:24 PM   #11
Storywriter
Tcha! You Know What.

Red face I hope he doesn't become a POW

I really hope he doesn't become a POW or get killed.....I want him to get the hell home excuse my mouth.....When I was watching those episodes in Vietnam and all the bombs shootings that JJ saw I would quinge cause it would freak me out and have me hope its not him its pretty nerve racking......But I do hope JJ and beth stay together.....Mel
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2004, 11:36 PM   #12
*jj'sbabe*
Frequent Poster

JJ won't die. I'm like %99.999999 sure of it cause its been said on talk shows, interviews and such that he will make it home alive. I also think that there is still a fairly good chance he and Beth will get back together...eventually...but it may take a while (especially considering what both of them have been through). However, as far as JJ not wanting to be a father...as someone in an earlier post said (if i wasnt so lazy i'd check who lol) if that is the case...tough luck for him..he's gonna be one...whether he likes it or not...and even if JJ and Beth dont get back together...NOTHING can alleviate him of that responsibility (which he will step up to I am assuming--- knowing a little about his character). So who knows. Can't wait to find out.
Best,
Abby

P.S. I am a huge fan of JJ and Beth's relationship. I'm rooting for them working out their issues...as they have done in the past (these more recent issues are just more severe than before). But we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:48 AM   #13
Mrs.Estes
Occasional Poster

i think j.j. will get jealous because he seems to be very good at being jealous. and i have a question did j.j. and beth evan break up or did she give him the ring back because if she still has it they r probably still engaged. and i dont think she ever gave it back to him but im going to wath for that today when me and my best friend have an american dreams marathon there so much fun!
Old 06-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #14
drbrun0
Frequent Poster

Beth still has the ring. In the next to last episode of the season, there was a scene where she was setting on her bed, reading all of JJ's letters--when she was trying to figure out what to do about the baby--and she also had the ring and a picture of JJ out.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:38 AM   #15
swtstina1
Occasional Poster

Default hmmm

I Am a huge Will Estes fan and I love the place that his character is in. I am not the hugest JJ/Beth fan but in the sake of time period (!960's) he will remain with her and will be a great father to his child. However, i do think that he will 1 be wounded in Action or taken as POW or both. and the family will be notified and he will make a surprise visit home to see a very pregnant beth....actually her and new bundle of joy!! ......I think both character as to dynamic for each other and palcing the together will ony dapen the story.

I haven't posted in a while .....its good to be back!