Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Preview New ABC Comedy Selfie Pilot with Twitter; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 25, 2014)
TV Land Fall 2014 Schedule Has The Beverly Hillbillies; Eva Longoria Heads to Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Arc
Antenna TV Fall 2014 Schedule; Cloo Honors Robin Williams with Mork & Mindy Week
MeTV Network Fall 2014 Schedule; Disney Channel Posts Strong Ratings on Friday with Girl Meets World and Original Movie
Soap, Happy Endings on Logo; SNL Saturday Marathon on TV Land
Summer 2014 Week 12 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Hosting Gig for Craig Ferguson; Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New DVDs from Mill Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
LUNCH
Forum Regular

Default Antenna TV versus Me-TV,what channel do you prefer?

For those of you that get both of these channels,which one do you prefer? Or do you like them both equally? I can not answer my own question because I still only get Antenna TV. However I think Antenna TV is great and from looking at the line-up of Me-TV, they also seem very good.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
steevo
It is Green

I get both, but have no preference. I like both of them, they both have great shows (Mary Tyler Moore, WKRP -which I am recording, Too Close For Comfort, The Big Valley, Dick Van Dyke, and Alfred Hitchcock, among many others). They are both what TV Land used to be.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
MRPITT
Forum Regular

I can't say I prefer one over the other, I like them both though If I had to choose I'd probably say Antenna T.V..
Old 04-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
thebigcookie
Forum Regular

I like both of them although my favorite would have to be Antenna TV. It has a better schedule and more of what I like. I like some shows on MeTV too, but it doesn't have as good of a schedule and the shows I like are not on as much. I'll compare and contrast what I like on each of them below.

Shows I watch on Antenna TV:
All in the Family
Dennis the Menace
Good Times
Maude
The Monkees
The Nanny
The Partridge Family
The Ropers
Sanford and Son
Soap
Three's A Crowd
Three's Company
Too Close for Comfort
WKRP in Cincinnati

Shows I watch on MeTV:
The Brady Bunch
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Get Smart
Happy Days
I Love Lucy
Laverne and Shirley

Shows I want to see that would best fit Antenna TV:
Archie Bunker's Place
Diff'rent Strokes
The Facts of Life
The Jeffersons
One Day at a Time
Who's the Boss?

Shows I want to see that would best fit MeTV:
The Andy Griffith Show
Family Ties
Green Acres

Shows I want to see that might work on either station:
Gilligan's Island

As you can see, there are lot more shows I like and want to see on Antenna TV then there are on MeTV. But both of them are still great stations.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Brad
Forum Veteran
05/26/2013. Taste the happy.

Is it just me, or does MeTV have the better video quality of the two? Maybe it's just my local Antenna TV affiliate, but everything on that network looks subpar, like they're using beat-up old prints. MeTV, on the other hand, seems like they use the best remasters of all their shows.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Thumbs up

Brad, my Antenna TV affiliate in Cleveland is the same with the visual quality as well. Back to the original question, I like both but I'll give the edge to Me-TV because they do all those clever promos.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNCH
For those of you that get both of these channels,which one do you prefer? Or do you like them both equally? I can not answer my own question because I still only get Antenna TV. However I think Antenna TV is great and from looking at the line-up of Me-TV, they also seem very good.

I give the edge to Antenna TV because they have the better before 8pm and after 12midnight schedule.

On the Otherhand, Me-TV's 8pm to 11pm is the better schedule
Old 04-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Is it just me, or does MeTV have the better video quality of the two? Maybe it's just my local Antenna TV affiliate, but everything on that network looks subpar, like they're using beat-up old prints. MeTV, on the other hand, seems like they use the best remasters of all their shows.

Yes, Me-TV quality is better than Hallmark's too. Bob Newhart was so much clearer on Me-TV than it was on Hallmark.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
magglio
Occasional Poster
maggs

Bob Newhart has pretty good quality on Family Net, also.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #10
Tubehead

I ikeme tvthe best.i don'tcareto much for Antenna TV much.i also likethe hub a lot. the hub ismy favorite ahnnel ifi had topick i pickmetv plusethey been showing the hony mooners on me tv.
watch on metv
the hoony mooners
gomer pyle ucam
family afair
my three sons
pection junction
rifle man
cannonn
parry mason

on antennn tv
the monkeees
The Partridge Family
gidit
jack beny progam
theropers
sanfrod and son

the hub
mork &mindy
facts of life
happy days
thewonder years
batman
Old 04-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #11
KJH278

Antenna TV because my local me-tv alfilate shows mostly infercrap commericals
Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #12
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

I like them both equally.

from CHEERS-
Coach: "Norm, how come you & Vera never had any kids?"
Norm: "I can't Coach."
Coach: "Oh gee, I'm sorry"
Norm: "I look at Vera and I just...can't."
Old 04-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #13
sabrelucynut
Frequent Poster
sabrelucynut

There are shows on both that I watch so I can't pick one. however, I have had problems with Too Close for Comfort and The Burns and Allen Show with Antenna having a weak signal. I don't know if it because they are on at night or what.

Janice

Lover of classic TV
Old 09-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
brettfan
Occasional Poster

While there are similarities between the two channels, they have some big differences. My area got both channels in August 2011.

I would say that aside from the obvious difference that both channels play and have rights to different shows; the biggest difference is that Antenna runs movies mornings and really doesn't do many dramas while Me-Tv does a whole lot of dramas and a special Sunday night block called The Sunday Night Noir.

So of the the two and both have good things I would pick Me-tv barely due to playing dramas I like. But Antenna has some good sitcoms. So they balance each other out. And the schedules change every quarter.

I like on Antenna Tv as of this writing because schedules and shows change over time:
Dragnet
All In The Family
Three's Company
Sanford & Sons
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
The Monkees
McHale's Navy
Benny Hill
It Takes a Thief
WKRP in Cincinnati
Good Times/Maude
Leave It to Beaver
Hazel

I was sorry to see Too Close For Comfort go because it took me a long time to get into it and understand the plot of the entire show since I joined into the show when Antenna was playing the final seasons. I probably did not see all of the episodes or seasons.

I like on Me Tv:
The Fugitive
Peter Gunn
Twilight Zone
Route 66
The Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
Beverly Hillbillies
Petticoat Junction/ Green Acres
Hawaii Five-O
Mary Tyler Moore
Dick Van Dyke
Bob Newhart
Emergency
Kojak
Cheers
Perry Mason

Two shows I am sorry to see go are The Untouchables and they had Streets Of San Francisco a year ago.

Last edited by brettfan : 09-06-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
Retro76
Frequent Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to Retro76

Love both equally but I have them beat with series I already own on DVD like Good Times, Brady Bunch, and That Girl. IMO, it would be nice is Antenna TV would get a deal with CBS/Paramount like they share the NBC/Universal library and 20th Century Fox, thanks to WKRP.
That's me and you!

Me-TV+Antenna TV=Reliving the Days of Reruns of Independent TV (KTLA, KTTV, KCOP and KHJ) in Southern CA!