Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Bob Newhart Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Bob Newhart Show Photo Gallery

The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete First Season

Buy The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete First Season on DVD
The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Second Season on DVD
The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series

Buy The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > The Bob Newhart Show
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Antenna TV's Bewitched 50th Anniversary in September Hosted by Erin Murphy (Tabitha); Paramount Announces New Comedy for Web
TV Land Orders New Sitcom Starring Jim Gaffigan; FX Laughs It Up on Monday Nights with Sheen, Grammer and Lawrence
Melissa Joan Hart Explains It All On truTV Tonight; Comedy Central Renews Two Series for 3rd Seasons
FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Well folks the Bob Newhart show has been yanked from Hallmark

I knew it was a bad sign when the show was removed from weekend airings and now just two weeks later the show is completely gone from the channel. Well I have absolutely no reason to watch Hallmark anyone since they removed both MTM and BNS so this channel can truly kiss my a$$ unless they add RHODA in 2013-lol

atleast the show is still on Me-TV with full credits
Old 04-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
ajgenard
Forum Regular

What a joke of a channel. These people have their heads so far up their arses with absolutely no long-term planning and airing episodes butchered all to hell. This right here is a prime example why I refuse to pay for cable anymore. This outfit should get out of the TV business and stick to selling overpriced greeting cards.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
rezny717
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgenard
What a joke of a channel. These people have their heads so far up their arses with absolutely no long-term planning and airing episodes butchered all to hell. This right here is a prime example why I refuse to pay for cable anymore. This outfit should get out of the TV business and stick to selling overpriced greeting cards.
Yeah..I agree 100%.Obviously,The Hallmark Channel does NOT "care enough to give you the very best."Oh,well,it was fun while it lasted.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I agree, the show was treated like sh*t from day one with the condensed opening credits and sh*tty time slot at 2am in the morning. Why even pick it up in the first place?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
LeeBlue
Forum Regular

Default Well folks the Bob Newhart show has been yanked from Hallmark

Bummer!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBlue
Bummer!!!!!!

Only if you don't have Me-TV
Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
rezny717
Forum Regular

"The Bob Newhart Show"was a breath of fresh air that The Hallmark Channel needed.But the way they treated the series(deleting scenes,altering the opening)was inexcusable.I guess The Hallmark Channel anymore cares about only two things:1)ratings and 2)airing the "same old same old"shows.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezny717
"The Bob Newhart Show"was a breath of fresh air that The Hallmark Channel needed.But the way they treated the series(deleting scenes,altering the opening)was inexcusable.I guess The Hallmark Channel anymore cares about only two things:1)ratings and 2)airing the "same old same old"shows.

Hallmark is TV Land's cousin-lol They stick with the shows that have been doing well for them for YEARS
Old 04-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
CAJeannieFan57
Forum Regular

I guess I will be forever missing the episode "My Son: The Comedian" from my recordings. Sad.

Donna
An I Dream of Jeannie Fan Website
Old 04-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJeannieFan57
I guess I will be forever missing the episode "My Son: The Comedian" from my recordings. Sad.

Donna

WHy? There were like 2 cycles of Bob Newhart on Hallmark
Old 04-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #11
Lisa_Eva
Frequent Poster

Curses! Seriously?!?! And yet they can play the same few Golden Girl's episodes 24,000 times!!!! Seriously!!!! And do you realize they only played Mary Tyler Moore like, idk for 3 weeks? I'm so DONE with Hallmark.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Eva
Curses! Seriously?!?! And yet they can play the same few Golden Girl's episodes 24,000 times!!!! Seriously!!!! And do you realize they only played Mary Tyler Moore like, idk for 3 weeks? I'm so DONE with Hallmark.

I'm thinking the marathon of MTM didn't do that well and that is what lead to the decision to remove the show. I;m thinking if the marathon did well in the ratings they would have just MOVED the show to another timeslot
Old 04-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #13
CAJeannieFan57
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
WHy? There were like 2 cycles of Bob Newhart on Hallmark

Yup...on one cycle, they omitted that episode. On the 2nd cycle, we had a power outage.

Donna
Old 04-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJeannieFan57
Yup...on one cycle, they omitted that episode. On the 2nd cycle, we had a power outage.

Donna

Just going by the title of the episode, I don't think I saw the episode either. I will have to catch it on Me-TV. But since Me-TV doesn't air season 6 I guess I won't ever see it.