Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

66th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Lost Centric Episode of Disney Animated Series Written by Lost Co-Creator
Nick at Nite Fall 2014 Schedule with HIMYM; FXX's The Simpsons Marathon Scores for Day 1
Summer 2014 Week 13 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Every Simpsons Ever Marathon Brings FXX Big Numbers; Another Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New CBS DVD Complete Series Sets
Preview New ABC Comedy Selfie Pilot with Twitter; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 25, 2014)
TV Land Fall 2014 Schedule Has The Beverly Hillbillies; Eva Longoria Heads to Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Arc
Antenna TV Fall 2014 Schedule; Cloo Honors Robin Williams with Mork & Mindy Week

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series / Review
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #106
TheCars1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
The last thing I'll say is that Tara worked at a strip club. I can't underestimate the type of scum she would have been in contact with. She would have been harassed on a daily basis by customers, some in good fun, others not so much. If you want to see a lot of the underbelly of society you're working in the right spot. So, like Lisa Santos, I can't underestimate that it was a random customer

Yes and those notes that the male customer who admired her were very creepy, IMO. Who's to say this guy didn't follow her and offer a lift when her car broke down? He's just as much a suspect as Wayne Hecker, IMO. And there's also the possibility that she was abducted by a random serial killer. The Charley Project website makes mention that police have theorized that her disappearance may have been related to several young women being abducted in the early 90's.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #107
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
I don't think Hecker did it personally but there is certainly some suspicion cast upon him. He doesn't seem all that concerned in the segment either. Not that this should incriminate him but it was a strange thing to say that his explanation is between him and the Lord. That's just sidetracking the conversation and as a Christian myself I believe God just cringes at that comment and being lumped in with a potential murder. For argument's sake at least provide a better explanation than that Wayne.

But you can be aloof in an interview and still be innocent. The only concern I have is the eyewitness accounts placing him back in the pool hall. They could easily have been wrong or even in cahoots with him. Or, you're in a pool hall, it probably isn't too hard to not be seen for a while and still be there. I don't remember an explanation Wayne had for being "gone".

The last thing I'll say is that Tara worked at a strip club. I can't underestimate the type of scum she would have been in contact with. She would have been harassed on a daily basis by customers, some in good fun, others not so much. If you want to see a lot of the underbelly of society you're working in the right spot. So, like Lisa Santos, I can't underestimate that it was a random customer

Well God forgives all sins, even murder, so its entirely possible for even a murderer to be close to God.

That being said, at the risk of sounding judgmental nothing about Wayne Hecker exactly screamed man of God to me. His lack of concern, aloofness, and just generally phony seeming persona was really creepy. Like I said not judging him or anything but there was just something utterly revolting about the guy to me.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #108
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalibur
Well God forgives all sins, even murder, so its entirely possible for even a murderer to be close to God.

That being said, at the risk of sounding judgmental nothing about Wayne Hecker exactly screamed man of God to me. His lack of concern, aloofness, and just generally phony seeming persona was really creepy. Like I said not judging him or anything but there was just something utterly revolting about the guy to me.

That is true, but I also believe he should be held accountable on the earth. Look, if Son of Sam (yes THAT one) became a minister while in prison then why couldn't Hecker if he is guilty?

Again, not saying he is either, and I don't like to judge the guy either, but that comment sort of rubs me the wrong way. It is almost as if he felt he could hide behind God without being accountable, and that isn't right.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #109
zack007attack
Forum Regular

I want to give Tara's boyfriend the benefit of doubt in this case for two reasons: he doesn't strike me as that kind of person, and the police have not found a shred of evidence that implicates him. Sure he might have had friction with Tara over the course of their relationship but then again, there's no such thing as a perfect relationship. I'm not saying he's innocent, but I'm not saying he's guilty either; I'm on the fence.

We've seen other people in UM segments (esp. Mark Nichols) whose guilt is so obvious but Tara's case is different. I've read elsewhere on this thread that the boyfriend was supposedly involved with drug dealers in Houston but that doesn't necessarily mean he had something to do with her disappearance. Maybe he tried to walk away from a partner or competitor and they tried to scare him by harming Tara. At the most, I would say he's guilty of putting Tara in that kind of dangerous situation.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #110
TripleG
Frequent Poster

I have to say that the love letters are VERY creepy. At the very least, they point to the Men's Club patron having an unhealthy obsession with Tara. Yeah, I've liked girls that were in bad relationships, and yes, I appreciate the attention of a female server (Hooters, Strip Clubs, whatever), but that's just weird dude.

However, the Boyfriend really raised my eyebrow when the UM interviewer asked him how he responds to the charges and he said that the only one that can judge him is God, or something to that effect. I remember somebody telling me that anyone who responds to an accusation by saying "That is ludicrous" is most likely lying because it feels like such an extreme to go to in order to claim innocence. Well I feel the same way about using God for that. Now that isn't anything concrete, but based on my experience, the people that invoke religion when being accused of something tend to be the wrongdoers. Look at NBC's "To Catch a Predator". How many of those guys immediately went to religion after being caught and accused of some really messed up stuff?

But alas, there is no proof of anything and that is the problem here. I wouldn't be surprised if she was victimized by an obsessed patron of the bar. Maybe it wasn't the guy that wrote the notes (apparently he was cleared according to the UM segment) but having been in places like that before, I can honestly say that some of the clientele is a rather unsavory bunch that I could see getting a little too attached to one of the waitresses. I also would not be the least bit shocked if the boyfriend had something to do with it, especially after the way he carried himself during the UM segment (It was sort of like Marfeo only without the damning evidence against him).
Old 05-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #111
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleG
However, the Boyfriend really raised my eyebrow when the UM interviewer asked him how he responds to the charges and he said that the only one that can judge him is God, or something to that effect. I remember somebody telling me that anyone who responds to an accusation by saying "That is ludicrous" is most likely lying because it feels like such an extreme to go to in order to claim innocence. Well I feel the same way about using God for that. Now that isn't anything concrete, but based on my experience, the people that invoke religion when being accused of something tend to be the wrongdoers. Look at NBC's "To Catch a Predator". How many of those guys immediately went to religion after being caught and accused of some really messed up stuff?

They find religion in jail because there are chaplins, and other inmates who speak to them about it. But the ones that use God to justify a crime or who feel it is "only between the Lord and I" are going about it the wrong way
Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #112
economistman192
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Sounds to me that in his world, violence against animals is wrong, but violence against people is okay.

I too believe that he was involved in Tara's disappearance. In the UM interview, he seemed cocky. Of course, such a demeanor isn't proof of guilt, but it struck me as wrong.

Pathological narcissists are often cocky like that, smarter than everyone, even law enforcement. If he loves her so much, why isn't there any sense of loss or grief, just sass?
Old 06-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #113
economistman192
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnDude
So the dude was a small time coke dealer (selling to randoms it sounds like) dating a stripper (or at least a lady who worked in a strip club) ... she got off early, he found out ... maybe he took a few toots and, because she got off early and didn't tell him, he finds and murders her coldly. When you've got a head full of blow, doing something spontaneously stupid like that is entirely feasible. Amongst those in the pool hall circles, you've got a "rep to keep" ... can't let your old lady who works in the strip club dis you like that.

He's obviously got the mindstate to do such a thing, based on your history with the guy. Imagine if you had ate a cheeseburger AND took off work early. Please tell us more about how he used to abuse you based on your looking at someone.

EDIT: P.S. Wayne, if you're a real man, when you Google your name and find this site, you'll come on here and defend yourself. I dare you.

I think where there apartment was is very important. If he left the pool hall and found out that she got off early, which was uncharacteristic, given what this person has written about him, he might have assumed that she deliberately deceived him by going home early so she could met the guy who wrote her the notes. He went into a rage, hit her and possibly accidentally killed her - it can happen, especially with men who are used to hitting women and don't think they may bump their head or fall the wrong way. Or perhaps he intended to kill her. I think he found her at home earlier, he was high, and one thing led to another.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #114
economistman192
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaca4057
Abusive people don't usually show their bad side until the are alone. Check the police reports about us. The neighbors would call several times because of our fights. He's 6 ft tall and I'm 5ft. If one gets angry enough, then there is no stopping them. The hospital and the police have plenty of pictures of all the damage he did to me. Of course he was a perfect gentlemenwhen I first met him, but then he started doing crack and weed and everything changed. My son who was 2 at the time would run into the bedroom everytime Wayne would get violent with me. The best thing I ever did was run from him. He may say that he never punched me, and he's right, he used the wall or the coffee table to that. I have no reason to lie.

The person who wrote above even said, "A black eye, maybe..." this suggests to me that his is capable of violence again women. Does that make him a murder, maybe not, but it definitely doesn't make him innocent.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #115
economistman192
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamisto
I disagree. Listen to what he says: "I don't owe an explanation to anyone but the Lord, and the Lord has given me . . . uh, [pause], you know, uh". And then he stumbles and bumbles for a way to dig himself out of a hole, because he pretty much incriminates himself right here.

Implied in this statement is that he DID give an "explanation" to the Lord. But he has nothing to explain to the Lord if he had nothing to do with her murder.

Why did he not finish the sentence "and the Lord has given me ..." What has the Lord given him? What are the possibilities? The Lord has given him the peace of knowing that he "repented" to Him and received the forgiveness of his sin? The Lord has given him the assurance that Tara is in a better place so he can go on living with himself? What else could the Lord possibly have "given him" after his "explanation" to the Lord for that which he had nothing to do with?

Instead, he catches himself, and twists it into how he did not "explain" anything to the Lord, but is actually "seeking" an "answer" to what happened to Tara and why? If you have access to the segment, go back and tell me if that doesn't sound suspicious in itself.

UM always has a "take", and in this case, they explicitly state that Hecker is the main suspect, with the clear implication (paradox?) that he is guilty. Out of all the footage they could have showed, why do they play this particular clip? It is extremely rare for them to show the interviewer actually speak. Here, RS introduces this question and answer by saying, "We put this question directly to Wayne Hecker". This follows right upon the detective in the case saying "there are certain actions and reactions we have received from Wayne that casts suspicion upon himself". The editors and producers obviously had the same impression I had when seeing this answer.

I think you make a really good point here. That Lord stuff is really bizarre, never heard anything like it. It's like he's saying, (as some Christians will) this is between me and God, like God has already forgiven me, or God knew I was justified in what I had to do, based on something in the Bible about a man and a woman, Eve's sin, or something like that. If he is that religious, I don't believe him when he says that he didn't have a problem with her work, maybe he felt after he found the letters that he had to punish her and do "God's work." It's a very creepy answer, and he doesn't just say it, like you said, but sputters because he realizes that it makes no sense at all when someone flat out asks you if you did it. An innocent person says, "NO."
Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #116
economistman192
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Your the one that brought up a fictional character to relate to a real life case.

It's like using Han Solo's shooting of Greedo to describe the Robert F. Kennedy assasination.

I get your point here, but I do think sometimes we can use movies and movie characters to define or explain archetypical situations. For example, Hecker may be fetishizing her death and keeping her clothes to convince himself against the idea and because he can't psychologically digest the fact that he killed her. As long as he keep her things around she's still alive, not unlike the way Norman Bates dressed up as his mother to keep from feeling the grief that she has died, and to deal with his own loneliness. At the same time, he kills dressed as her because of his outrage towards his mother, his desire to kill her (did he, I can't remember the story...) Anyway, it's probably a stretch, but there is something bizarre and ritualistic about Hacker and his language that makes you think he is outside the circle, meaning he doesn't have to answer to anyone, and he thinks he's a rebel.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #117
jmatthews85
Occasional Poster

Default It's now 20 years, still wondering where she is...

I haven't posted in here since 2007. I was a bit angry at the time I found this thread from the way people were saying things without considering her family's feelings. Tara is my cousin. Her and my dad Bruce were 1st, she and I were 2nd. He passed away last year in May. I think to myself sometimes, now he knows the truth and where she is. He always wondered what truly happened to her. And I am still so curious as to where she could be. I tried calling the Houston Police Dept after watching the episode sometime ago, just asking questions. I was told that only her immediate family may know any information. Over the years, I have lost contact with my Breckenridge side of the family. Well atleast Tara's parents, and would really love to reconnect with them. I talked to Betty once several years ago and asked if they knew anything, and she quietly responded with a no. I wish this case could be blown wide open and solved.

The Breckenridge family has been stricken with loss and grief many times, especially with Tara's older sister's plane crash. If anyone knows how I can get ahold of the family, please contact me.

We gotta find Tara, and bring her HOME.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #118
economistman192
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatthews85
I haven't posted in here since 2007. I was a bit angry at the time I found this thread from the way people were saying things without considering her family's feelings. Tara is my cousin. Her and my dad Bruce were 1st, she and I were 2nd. He passed away last year in May. I think to myself sometimes, now he knows the truth and where she is. He always wondered what truly happened to her. And I am still so curious as to where she could be. I tried calling the Houston Police Dept after watching the episode sometime ago, just asking questions. I was told that only her immediate family may know any information. Over the years, I have lost contact with my Breckenridge side of the family. Well atleast Tara's parents, and would really love to reconnect with them. I talked to Betty once several years ago and asked if they knew anything, and she quietly responded with a no. I wish this case could be blown wide open and solved.

The Breckenridge family has been stricken with loss and grief many times, especially with Tara's older sister's plane crash. If anyone knows how I can get ahold of the family, please contact me.

We gotta find Tara, and bring her HOME.

Regardless of what did or did not happen, I'm sorry for your loss and the fact that this still remains unresolved or unsolved. I really hope the answers come one day that will bring closure and peace for your family. No matter who did what, I can only imagine how much pain an event like this has caused you. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #119
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

I'm curious to know if the possibility of Tara being a victim of the 1-45 killer in Houston has been discussed here. Since the 1970's, a serial killer has been killing and dumping women's bodies in towns near 1-45 known as the "killing fields". I believe a case like this, to a certain extent, has been featured on Unsolved Mysteries before (excluding all the other mass killing episodes). 48 Hours Mystery has talked about the "killing fields" case in the past. I wonder if any of the Jane Does in that case have been tested against Tara's DNA? Investigators once believed that she may have been abducted and murdered by a serial killer like this one but no solid proof has ever surfaced.

Sign my Unsolved Mysteries petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #120
ican
Occasional Poster

I worked with Tara all those years ago. Spoke to the police and everything. I am saddened to discover that even today Wayne hasn't been arrested. I was googling his name to see if he had been caught and this thread came up.

Wayne was EXTREMELY controlling over Tara. She had to call him when she got to work and had to call him when she was leaving. If it took her too long to get home (in his eyes) he would have a FIT and start calling the club looking for her but not this night. The night she goes missing he doesn't call the club looking for her until hours had gone by when usually just a few minutes past what he found acceptable was all it took. Why? There is more to the story. He treated her badly. It was common knowledge.

A couple of months later (before a full year) He wanted the reward money we raised for info on her disappearance. Why? Apparently he was convinced we would never find her. He said he deserved it to compensate him for the loss of Tara's income. The club didn't give it to him.

I might believe it to be a serial killer but I know too much. I am convinced it was Wayne, the minute we heard of her disappearance all of us suspected him. Why would that be if not for Waynes actions? Wayne worked construction for a while during that time. I have a feeling she is beneath a construction site somewhere.

Tara was a very quiet, polite waitress who was never a kill joy at the club but never the crazy out going type of girl you would expect to see at the club. For her family on this forum I am sorry for your loss. For Wayne may you experience all the misery the world has to offer.

Last edited by ican : 03-05-2013 at 05:59 PM.