Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Site Feedback & Suggestions
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special
TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend
yoooooooooo

Default Updating the Photo Galleries?

I was trying to upload some photos just a little while ago and ran into trouble due to the fact that only JPEG images are accepted. I know they take up less space and yadda yadda, but quite frankly most websites accept PNGs and other file types now with no problem. I save most of my pictures now as PNGs because they are much better quality and they don't turn a picture blurry the way JPEGs do. So as a suggestion I would look for a way to allow other types of files. I apologize if this was brought up before but it seems it's been awhile if it has. JPEGs just don't cut it anymore, and I'd think the quality of an image is important in a photo gallery.

"But this is one corner of one country, in one continent,
on one planet thatís a corner of a galaxy thatís a corner of a universe
that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying,
and never remaining the same for a single millisecond.
And there is so much, so much to see."

- The Doctor
Old 04-16-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
biffbronson

If there are some that you really, really wanted to upload, have you considered saving copies of them temporarily as JPEG images? I'd hope that the site won't lose out on some great stuff!

I think you can do it this way: Simply take one of your existing images and click on it to edit or open -- then save it as a JPEG, which will be ready for upload. After you've uploaded it, you can delete it from your files -- since it's just a copy anyway.

I belong to a comics site that accepts only JPEGs -- I think it's some of the ones that carry a really big number of images that go that route.

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."
Old 04-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend
yoooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson
If there are some that you really, really wanted to upload, have you considered saving copies of them temporarily as JPEG images? I'd hope that the site won't lose out on some great stuff!

I think you can do it this way: Simply take one of your existing images and click on it to edit or open -- then save it as a JPEG, which will be ready for upload. After you've uploaded it, you can delete it from your files -- since it's just a copy anyway.

I belong to a comics site that accepts only JPEGs -- I think it's some of the ones that carry a really big number of images that go that route.
I have, yes. It's not only the fact that I have to change them, it's also that PNGs look better. Of course I understand the fact that for lots of images it makes sense to accept jpegs, but if it's doable to accept more types of files I say do it. Sites like tumblr, for instance, are mainly photo based and you will not see any JPEGs on that site lol.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

This is something that wasn't possible on the old server, but it may work on the new one with some minor adjustments. I'll look into it this week. There was no way for the PHP to process anything except JPGs in the past. I think PNG is mostly for magazines and newspapers where high resolution is needed. I don't think you see too many websites using PNG exclusively yet.