Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Family Guy links at Sitcoms Online / Family Guy Photo Gallery

Family Guy - Volume 1 (Seasons 1 & 2)

Buy Family Guy - Volume 1 (Seasons 1 & 2) on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 2 (Season 3)

Buy Family Guy - Volume 2 (Season 3) on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 3 (Season 4)

Buy Family Guy - Volume 3 (Season 4) on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 4 (Season 4)

Buy Family Guy - Volume 4 (Season 4) on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 5 (Season 5)

Buy Family Guy - Volume 5 (Season 5) on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 6

Buy Family Guy - Volume 6 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 7

Buy Family Guy - Volume 7 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 8

Buy Family Guy - Volume 8 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 9

Buy Family Guy - Volume 9 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 10

Buy Family Guy - Volume 10 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 11

Buy Family Guy - Volume 11 on DVD
Family Guy - Volume 12

Buy Family Guy - Volume 12 on DVD
Family Guy - Freakin' Party Pack

Buy Family Guy - Freakin' Party Pack on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Cartoons/Animated Series > Family Guy
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Mid-Season 2015 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of November 24, 2014)
INSP Gets Walker, Texas Ranger; ABC, Fox Mid-Season New Show Premieres
TBS Orders 22 More Episodes for American Dad!; Hulu Orders Amy Poehler Comedy
Pop Launches Jan. 14, 2015 with 90210, Melrose Place; Mike & Molly Returns Monday, Dec. 8 on CBS
Honeymooners on Thanksgiving on WPIX in NY; Bounce TV Sitcom Family Time Striving in 2nd Season
Week 8 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Millers Gets the Axe; Dharma & Greg Returns to DVD; New Carol Burnett DVDs of Early Years

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Thought Adam West Talks About Playing Adam West On 'Family Guy'

The voice of Adam West has become so distinct that ďFamily GuyĒ hired him to play himself, and Nicolas Cage imitated him in the movie Kick-Ass. We got quite a thrill when we got to hear that voice coming over out phone line. West gave an interview from the back of his car on the way to his ceremony to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame to promote ďFamily GuyĒ Volume 10 coming to DVD.

CraveOnline: Hello, Mr. West.

Adam West: Howdy, Fred, how are you.

CraveOnline: Iím great. Iím glad to talk to you.

Adam West: Well, thank you. Iím so delighted to be able to talk to you and to plug the ďFamily GuyĒ DVD thatís coming out soon.

CraveOnline: Can you believe itís Volume 10 already?

Adam West: Itís hard to believe. It really goes by quickly, doesnít it? Time flies of course an work on ďFamily GuyĒ is so enjoyable that it makes it go faster.

CraveOnline: What are your favorite episodes in Volume 10?

Adam West: I have none. I hate Ďem all. Listen, I am so impressed with the writing and the way this is done, the way Fox presents it and of course Seth MacFarlane, my dear friend, I donít have a favorite. Unless maybe itís the cat launcher. I say that for all of you animal cruelty people.

CraveOnline: When you read the cat launcher in the script, what did you think?

Adam West: I love Ďem all. Itís just fun to do, believe me.

CraveOnline: Whatís coming up for Mayor West in the current season?

Adam West: Well, Iíve done a couple of specials in the last month and I have a driver taking me to Hollywood where Iím going to get a star on the Walk of Fame.

CraveOnline: Congratulations on the star.

Adam West: Thank you very much. I really deserve it.

CraveOnline: Was a star on the Walk of Fame your long term goal when you got into Hollywood?

Adam West: Never. When I got to Hollywood there wasnít even a Boulevard. Iím that old. It was just a little dirt trail. Iím kidding.

CraveOnline: Where on the walk is your star?

Adam West: Iím very impressed and delighted that they chose to put me in between two of the greats. Two of the most wonderful performers who ever got in front of the camera.

CraveOnline: And they are?

Adam West: Rin Tin Tin and Daffy Duck.

CraveOnline: Is that true?

Adam West: No, get this. They put me between Judy Garland and Olivia De Havilland. Now youíre so young you might not remember either one.

CraveOnline: Iím a film buff so I know.

Adam West: They were terrific and I just feel very pleased and honored that they put me there and in front of the Guinness Book of World Records [museum.] It has a dinosaur on top. Are they trying to tell me something?

CraveOnline: Is Adam West a good mayor?

Adam West: The best! Except I canít get a new nameplate on my desk.

CraveOnline: How does he compare with the current Republican candidates?

Adam West: I don't know who they are. No, heíd probably do just as well especially on International Clam Day. Thatís when the local citizens of our choosing, somebody whoís been a great example to the rest of the town, puts on a big foam clam suit and we travel two miles offshore and he has to swim for shore. If he makes it heís sated with clam juice the rest of the year.

CraveOnline: What kind of town is Quahog vs. where you live?

Adam West: Itís quite unusual. Where I live, I have mountains and palm trees. Itís very strange. Sometimes zombies. Quahog is a sleepy, quiet little village nestled along the eastern shore.

CraveOnline: Do you live in L.A.?

Adam West: No, I have a place in Idaho and Palm Springs, California.

CraveOnline: When did this phenomenon of Adam West playing Adam West start for you?

Adam West: Well, it started with a few shows some years ago. For example, ďLove American Style,Ē some of those older shows like ďLove Boat.Ē Evidently Iíve superceded the roles that Iíd been playing somehow, which is good. I mean, itís really good. How lucky could an actor get to have created roles that have caught on in popular culture so well.

CraveOnline: Is it still nice to be able to say ďIím Batman?Ē

Adam West: Oh, itís fun to be an icon!

CraveOnline: Thatís a good line though, huh?

Adam West: Listen, Iím out there fighting crime 24-7. At midnight I walk Hollywood Blvd. and I look at the other stars dreaming. Some day I might be able to get home.

CraveOnline: Nicolas Cage was inspired by your voice in the movie Kick-Ass. What did you think about his portrayal?

Adam West: Oh, I thought it was stupid. No, Iím kidding. You know, Nicolas Cage is a marvelous actor and heís a good friend. When somebody gives you a little homage like that itís very flattering. So I was pleased of course.

CraveOnline: Did he get you right?

Adam West: He got pretty close. You know, when you get to the point in a career where youíre being imitated, itís kind of a nice thing as you get older and you serve more time so to speak in this pursuit of showbiz.

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/interv...-on-family-guy

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet