Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

227 links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / 227 Photo Gallery


227 - The Complete First Season

Buy 227 - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > 227
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Adds Two '60s Sitcoms; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 27, 2017)
VH1 Sets Premiere for Hip Hop Squares; Fox Renews Two More Series for 2017-18
Fox Orders 2nd Season of The Mick; Jerrod Carmichael Returns to HBO for Special
ABC Celebrates the Oscars with Stunts; HBO Sunday Series Available Early on HBO GO
Light TV, A New Classic TV and Movies Network Launches; Adam Carolla Gets Spike TV Series
Week 22 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Pilot for Sitcom Starring Carol Burnett; Lou Grant to Wrap Up on DVD
IFC Orders Comedy for 2018; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 20, 2017)
More Celebs Slated for New Season of Who Do You Think You Are?; It's Always Sunny in VR


New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized) The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two Hooperman - Season One 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete First Season

01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/21 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #16
Brian Damage
Moderator
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch
 
Brian Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2002
Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Posts: 62,201
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Just saw that Sandra was not seen that much in season 5 at all, so I can see that season of 227 was unwatchable


I am guessing because there was friction between Jackee Harry and Marla Gibbs.
__________________
The Key to the Kingdom of Heaven: John 3:3

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location:
Posts: 60,047
Default

Yea Jackee was billed as a special guest star during the last season. The show had JTS by that point.
__________________
Sonny
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #18
Brian Damage
Moderator
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch
 
Brian Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2002
Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Posts: 62,201
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
Yea Jackee was billed as a special guest star during the last season. The show had JTS by that point.


Really??? I had no idea they did that to her?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #19
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location:
Posts: 60,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
Really??? I had no idea they did that to her?
Yea. She was in the opening credits but only on the shows that she was in. NBC moved the show off Saturday halfway through the final year. I still haven't seen the last episode and I watched it almost to the end. lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #20
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
Yea. She was in the opening credits but only on the shows that she was in. NBC moved the show off Saturday halfway through the final year. I still haven't seen the last episode and I watched it almost to the end. lol


GMC is airing season 4 now so you will get your opportunity sometime in March-lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #21
ThomasE
Moderator
Forum Veteran
Member
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04, 2000
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain, Europe...for now
Posts: 10,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Just saw that Sandra was not seen that much in season 5 at all, so I can see that season of 227 was unwatchable

People say that but I disagree as this season is my second favorite. I loved the characters in this season. I'm disappointed that Jackee was not in the show all the way through but it was still a good season overall.
__________________
Happy 35th Anniversary to "You Can't Do That On Television!" !Viva este programa! (1979-1990) Happy 10,000 posts to me
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #22
ThomasE
Moderator
Forum Veteran
Member
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04, 2000
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain, Europe...for now
Posts: 10,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
Yea. She was in the opening credits but only on the shows that she was in. NBC moved the show off Saturday halfway through the final year. I still haven't seen the last episode and I watched it almost to the end. lol


Last episode had Phyllis Diller sharing a hospital room with Mary. LOL. The show did return to Saturday to air off the last several episodes. And this is Jackee's billing and profile shot.
Attached Images
 
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #23
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Last episode had Phyllis Diller sharing a hospital room with Mary. LOL. The show did return to Saturday to air off the last several episodes. And this is Jackee's billing and profile shot.


Oh ****-lol I just saw that episode and they brought the graduation to Mary's hospital room since she couldn't make and then at the end they showed Phyllis Diller. I had no idea that was the last episode-lol I just watched it last saturday on GMC
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #24
ThomasE
Moderator
Forum Veteran
Member
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04, 2000
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain, Europe...for now
Posts: 10,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Oh ****-lol I just saw that episode and they brought the graduation to Mary's hospital room since she couldn't make and then at the end they showed Phyllis Diller. I had no idea that was the last episode-lol I just watched it last saturday on GMC

Yep. The one thing that his show did was bring in some noteable guests. I liked that the fact that they used Phyllis Diller.

Patient: OMG! They made me look like Phyllis Diller!!!!!
Mary: Child, I'd sue the hospital for that mistake!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #25
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Yep. The one thing that his show did was bring in some noteable guests. I liked that the fact that they used Phyllis Diller.

Patient: OMG! They made me look like Phyllis Diller!!!!!
Mary: Child, I'd sue the hospital for that mistake!


It didn't seem like a FINALE but I guess they had no idea they would be cancelled. I just thought it was a regular episode
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #26
ThomasE
Moderator
Forum Veteran
Member
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04, 2000
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain, Europe...for now
Posts: 10,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
It didn't seem like a FINALE but I guess they had no idea they would be cancelled. I just thought it was a regular episode


The higher ups and Marla mutully agreed that it was time to end the show. They had enough eps to run it in syndication and decided to end it there. In the fall of 1990, BET's "Screen Scene" reported that there was a rumor either 227 or Amen would be returning. It turns out that Amen was the show scheduled to return.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #27
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
The higher ups and Marla mutully agreed that it was time to end the show. They had enough eps to run it in syndication and decided to end it there. In the fall of 1990, BET's "Screen Scene" reported that there was a rumor either 227 or Amen would be returning. It turns out that Amen was the show scheduled to return.


She decided to end the show? I think NBC decided to end the show since it finished below 30# LOL


I would only buy that it was her decision if the show was #13.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #28
ThomasE
Moderator
Forum Veteran
Member
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04, 2000
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain, Europe...for now
Posts: 10,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
She decided to end the show? I think NBC decided to end the show since it finished below 30# LOL


I would only buy that it was her decision if the show was #13.


Like I said, it was a mutual choice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #29
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,062
Default

Marla Gibbs: "I think it's time to end the show"

NBC President: "We already decided to end the show because the ratings are not good, AT ALL'


  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #30
ThomasE
Moderator
Forum Veteran
Member
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 04, 2000
Location: Gran Canaria, Spain, Europe...for now
Posts: 10,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Marla Gibbs: "I think it's time to end the show"

NBC President: "We already decided to end the show because the ratings are not good, AT ALL'




Like I said, it was mutual.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.