Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Site Feedback & Suggestions
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Dark Shadows 50th Anniversary on Decades Network; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of June 27, 2016)
Eve and In the House Back on BET; New Video for Sarah Jessica Parker's Divorce Comedy
CBS Fall 2016 Premiere Dates; FX's Archer Gets 3 Season Renewal
Alyssa Milano's Celebrity Renovation Special on FYI; Remembering Ann Morgan Guilbert
The CW Fall 2016 Premiere Dates; COZI TV's Howdy Doody 4th of July Marathon
Summer 2016 Week 3 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: John Stamos Keeping Busy with Roles; Netflix to Stream Spinoff Movie to British Version of The Office
Fox Fall 2016 Premiere Dates; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of June 20, 2016)
NBC Fall 2016 Premiere Dates; Curb Your Enthusiasm Returns After 5 Years
TV Land Orders 4th Season of Younger Before 3rd Season Premiere; UP Orders Original Series
Sundance Celebrates Father's Day with Father Knows West Stunt; Remembering Michu Meszaros of ALF and Janet Waldo, the Voice of Judy Jetson
ABC Summer Pilot Review: Uncle Buck - Premieres Tuesday (June 14); The Brady Bunch Joins Pop Lineup
Summer 2016 Week 2 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: CMT Brings Nashville Back to Life; Shout! to Release Sixth Season of Newhart
Audience Network Comedy You Me Her Picked Up for 2 More Seasons; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of June 13, 2016)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)

Ballers - The Complete First Season The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy Maude - The Complete Fifth Season Workaholics - Season Six Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series

06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #46
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 51,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
It will only spark new interest if the person replying says more than..."I AGREE"

Probably...but "bumps" often spark others to comment in more detail.
__________________
Thank you SHOUT! & Antenna TV

xxoo You both Rock!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #47
Dr. Thong
Senior Member
a/k/a "ACK!"
 
Dr. Thong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2001
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,602
Default

It would be funny if five or six years from now, someone posted on this thread, "I agree."

__________________
"Sunday has been cancelled due to lack of interest. That is all."
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #48
yayaya
Frequent Poster
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 20, 2011
Posts: 239
Default

I agree.

Really, I do. I get your point. I am a member on another forum (have been for over 10 years) and one of the rules there is your post must contribute to the conversation. There are no one word posts allowed such as:

LOL
ITA (I too agree)
Really?
Why?
WTH?
No
Yes

nor can you just post, "I agree". There has to be something on topic that pertains to the subject matter. It cuts down on unnecessary posting that adds nothing to the conversation so there is a smooth flow for reading. Anyone who does that, has their posts immediately deleted.

JMO on this matter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #49
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 88,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaya
I agree.

Really, I do. I get your point. I am a member on another forum (have been for over 10 years) and one of the rules there is your post must contribute to the conversation. There are no one word posts allowed such as:

LOL
ITA (I too agree)
Really?
Why?
WTH?
No
Yes

nor can you just post, "I agree". There has to be something on topic that pertains to the subject matter. It cuts down on unnecessary posting that adds nothing to the conversation so there is a smooth flow for reading. Anyone who does that, has their posts immediately deleted.

JMO on this matter.


Sounds like a great site, what's the name of it
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #50
Furienna
Senior Member
Member
 
Furienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 22, 2006
Location: Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
Posts: 4,840
Default

At one forum, I was harassed for making new threads about a topic, when there already was a thread about it, even if no one had posted there for ages. And at another forum, I was harassed for the opposite, that I bumped old threads. Both these forums had some really rude members though, and I still feel bad when thinking of them. But I don't see how either making a new thread or bumping an old thread can be so terrible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #51
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 88,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
At one forum, I was harassed for making new threads about a topic, when there already was a thread about it, even if no one had posted there for ages. And at another forum, I was harassed for the opposite, that I bumped old threads. Both these forums had some really rude members though, and I still feel bad when thinking of them. But I don't see how either making a new thread or bumping an old thread can be so terrible.


My only issue with bumping a old thread is it maybe from 2005 and most of the members are no longer on the site. If someone bumps a thread from May of 2012 then it's a good chance those members who participated in those discussions are likely still around
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #52
factsoflife
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 11, 2000
Posts: 7,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
My only issue with bumping a old thread is it maybe from 2005 and most of the members are no longer on the site. If someone bumps a thread from May of 2012 then it's a good chance those members who participated in those discussions are likely still around

I totally see your point for sure. I think sometimes however it's okay to bump an old thread if it is still relevant or there is something new to add to the conversation. And Frankly, sometimes it's just fun to see what we used to think....

I guess it's a matter of different strokes for different folks?
__________________
Rest In Peace "All My Children" 1970-2011; "One Life To Live" 1968-2012 and "Port Charles" 1997-2003.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #53
mets82
Senior Member
Member
 
mets82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 14, 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,679
Default

I guess you can bump an old thread. For ex., I have been on this board since Mar. 2011. If I see a thread from 2008 that I want to respond to, would it be ok to respond? I wasnt on the board in 2008 but I cant respond to an old thread, can you just make a new thread??
__________________
http://www.superbowlgreatness.blogspot.com/

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #54
duckie
Senior Member
Member
 
duckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 13, 2011
Location: south
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
I guess you can bump an old thread. For ex., I have been on this board since Mar. 2011. If I see a thread from 2008 that I want to respond to, would it be ok to respond? I wasnt on the board in 2008 but I cant respond to an old thread, can you just make a new thread??

Respond to any thread you want, thats what there for. Sure you can make a new one, the most logical thing to do would just respond to the old thread. It keeps the boards from having to many duplicates.
__________________
SparkyBoy!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #55
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Member
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Behind the Couch
Posts: 59,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
I guess you can bump an old thread. For ex., I have been on this board since Mar. 2011. If I see a thread from 2008 that I want to respond to, would it be ok to respond? I wasnt on the board in 2008 but I cant respond to an old thread, can you just make a new thread??
I think as long as you don't just bump up a thread to say "I agree" it would be okay. 2008 isn't that long ago. Sometimes I forgot about the thread and I enjoy reading them again. Maybe if the thread is from 2000-2004 or something like that, it would be better to start a new one though. I actually remember about 5 years ago, I would get bored and just go to the old sitcom boards and post on old threads. lol
__________________
Sonny


Miss Ellie: You're power hungry. You're like your daddy in that. But he has redeeming qualities. His love for his sons, for one. I don't know that you have any redeeming qualities, J.R. Is there anyone you love?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #56
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 88,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
I think as long as you don't just bump up a thread to say "I agree" it would be okay. 2008 isn't that long ago. Sometimes I forgot about the thread and I enjoy reading them again. Maybe if the thread is from 2000-2004 or something like that, it would be better to start a new one though. I actually remember about 5 years ago, I would get bored and just go to the old sitcom boards and post on old threads. lol


Thank you, that's the whole point of the entire thread. Someone responding to a thread created in 2008 to say "I agree" is just beyond weird. Makes it look like a person is bored out of their mind or just flat out wacky
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:50 AM   #57
visaman666
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2007
Posts: 587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Thank you, that's the whole point of the entire thread. Someone responding to a thread created in 2008 to say "I agree" is just beyond weird. Makes it look like a person is bored out of their mind or just flat out wacky


You're right, I was going to respond to a Corner Gas thread, but then thought, what's the point, eh?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #58
Dr. Thong
Senior Member
a/k/a "ACK!"
 
Dr. Thong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2001
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,602
Default

If the powers that be don't want old threads being bumped, then they shouldn't be archived. I have never been on a message board where people got taken to task over responding to an old thread.

Kind of silly, if you ask me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #59
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 88,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
If the powers that be don't want old threads being bumped, then they shouldn't be archived. I have never been on a message board where people got taken to task over responding to an old thread.

Kind of silly, if you ask me.


Nothing wrong with replying to a old thread as long as it's not...."I agree"


Why respond to a old thread to say nothing?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #60
Dr. Thong
Senior Member
a/k/a "ACK!"
 
Dr. Thong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2001
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Nothing wrong with replying to a old thread as long as it's not...."I agree"


Why respond to a old thread to say nothing?

Good point. I agree.

Whoops!

  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.