Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Hallmark Channel April 2010 -- Martha Stewart Programming Starts March 29, 2010

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...akes-over.html
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

HALLMARK CHANNEL ACQUIRES EXCLUSIVE LICENSE TO DOMESTIC TELEVISION RIGHTS TO EXTENSIVE LIFESTYLE CONTENT FROM LIBRARY OF MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA

Network to Introduce New Daytime Lifestyle Programming Block March 29 in Advance of September Premiere of Original Episodes Of "The Martha Stewart Show"

Hallmark Channel has acquired an exclusive license for domestic television rights to extensive lifestyle programming from the library of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (MSLO, NYSE: MSO). The content will form a new seven-hour daytime block of home and lifestyle programming that the network will launch weekdays beginning Monday, March 29 and will precede the September premiere on Hallmark Channel of exclusive original episodes of the Emmy(R) Award-winning, popular daytime home and lifestyle series "The Martha Stewart Show."

Announcement of the deal, which underscores the network's commitment to the lifestyle genre generally and the Martha Stewart brand in particular, was made today by Bill Abbott, President and CEO, Hallmark Channels (Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel) and Charles A. Koppelman, Executive Chairman of MSLO. Hallmark Channel is a cable television network owned and operated by Crown Media Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRWN).

Beginning March 29 (11 a.m. - 6 p.m. ET/PT), Hallmark Channel's lineup will include episodes from the library programs "From Martha's Kitchen," "From Martha's Home" and "From Martha's Garden." Other titles in the library, but not yet scheduled, are "Petkeeping with Marc Morrone," early seasons of "Everyday Food," "Martha Stewart Living" and assorted specials. Episodes of the series will also be presented in shorter blocks on Saturdays and Sundays (6 a.m. - 9 a.m. ET/PT) beginning April 3-4.

Hallmark Channel's prime time and weekend schedule will continue to feature its strong slate of popular Hallmark Channel Original Movies starring favorite stars of film and television, as well as specials, "Hallmark Hall of Fame" presentations and beloved acquired series.

"In addition to being genuinely informative and entertaining, this daytime programming block will showcase the diverse creativity that has long defined the Martha Stewart brand," said Abbott. "As we evolve our daytime lineup into a lifestyle and home orientation, this timeless content will serve as the ideal launch pad for and the perfect segue into the premiere of The Martha Stewart Show' in its new home on Hallmark Channel."

Koppelman stated: "This new arrangement provides an ideal home for our evergreen and ever popular library of Martha Stewart-branded how-to television programming. The agreement underscores the value of MSLO's library that has been developed over these years. The library includes many popular classics featuring Martha and MSLO's talented experts that our loyal fans as well as newcomers will be delighted to find with this additional programming block on Hallmark Channel."
Old 03-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Thumbs down

This is very sad, the downfall of a channel. Did Martha Stewart buy Hallmark? One or two hours of her shows would have been fine but seven straight hours is pathetic.
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...28#post5320128
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
catsrule
Forum Veteran

The worst part is they repeat the exact same lineup afterwords. 3.5 hours would still be a lot but it would be more tolerable than 7.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
Dr. Jazz
The Evil Empire. . . .
Forum Veteran

well, there goes the hallmark channel
Dr. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
clj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
This is very sad, the downfall of a channel. Did Martha Stewart buy Hallmark? One or two hours of her shows would have been fine but seven straight hours is pathetic.
Downfall? Hallmark hasn't been good for ages. Everytime I turn it on now it's 7th Heaven. I don't think she bought it, but I wouldn't be surprised if her programming begins to take more of the schedule up (prime-time specials, etc). With this, I think all hope is gone when it comes to getting any new shows on Hallmark.

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
Jude The Obscure
Retired

I stated in the other Hallmark thread that Martha Stewart would be coming in a major way on the channel, but I was basically poo-pooed....so ahem..
Jude The Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
clj2

Yes, you were right. I just wish this network would go ahead and change to something else. Their tired 3 or 4 series they are obsessed with (seriously, I love The Golden Girls, but they wore the show out) and constant changes are a joke. Give it to Martha and be done with it already. Oprah is taking over Discovery Health, maybe Martha could do something similar with Hallmark.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #9
clj2

According to what they wrote on their Facebook page, Hallmark is going to be adding more talk shows, a series on pets, and more things this fall. I guess that will launch and air along with Martha's show that comes that comes this fall. I bet all of this will take up 9AM-7PM or something like that and air in late nights eventually.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:58 AM   #10
Tubehead

do you know if they would add i love lucy?

this would be my sculdde for hall mark
7:00am amen
7:30ammamma's family
8:00am 7th heaven
9:00am touch by an angle
10;00am little house on prirer
11:00am americanfunnest home videos
12:00pm mash
12:30pm the gloden girl
1:00pm i love lucy
1:30pmi love lucy
2:00pm muder ,she worte
3:00pm walker taexs ranger

show i think do well on hallmrk channel are:
HIGH WAY TO HEAVEN CENTS THEY HAVE TOUCH BY AN ANGLE I THINK HIGH WAY TO HEAVEN WOULD BE GOOD.
promsie land it was spin off from touch by angle
mamma's familly
perfect strangerS
the wonder years
happy days
HANING WITH MR COOPER
EARLY eDIITON ITS ON SCIFI CHANEL WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT ON EVERY DAY.
KUNG FU LEDGEN COUNTIES
ALF
MY FAVORITE MARTIAN
THE HOONEYMOONERS
WHOS THE BOSS?
STEP BY STEP
Tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #11
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Lucy marathon in May:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...-premiere.html
Old 04-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #12
SpenceOlchin
Forum Regular

Were the first couple of years of this network good? My cable provider didn't actually start carrying the station until late '05. While there were a few programs that I liked then (Walker Texas Ranger, The Waltons), I was pretty disappointed.
SpenceOlchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
clj2

In 2001-2002 they had ALF, My Three Sons, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and Happy Days, Facts of Life...a little later they had Perry Mason, Gilligan's Island (last time it was in syndication), Beverly Hillbillies, and Hogan's Heroes but those didn't air much.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Effective Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weekdays
9:00am From Martha's Kitchen (replaces Golden Girls)
9:30am From Martha's Kitchen (replaces Golden Girls)
10:00am From Martha's Garden (replaces Golden Girls)
10:30am From Martha's Home (replaces Golden Girls)
11:00am Touched By An Angel (replaces From Martha's Kitchen 2x)
12:00pm Little House on the Prairie (replaces From Martha's Kitchen/From Martha's Garden)
1:00pm Little House on the Prairie (replaces From Martha's Garden/From Martha's Home)
2:00pm Little House on the Prairie (replaces From Martha's Home/From Martha's Kitchen)
3:00pm 7th Heaven (replaces From Martha's Kitchen 2x)
4:00pm 7th Heaven (replaces From Martha's Garden 2x)
5:00pm 7th Heaven (replaces From Martha's Home 2x)
6:00pm The Golden Girls (replaces 7th Heaven)
6:30pm The Golden Girls (replaces 7th Heaven cont.)
7:00pm The Golden Girls (replaces 7th Heaven)
7:30pm The Golden Girls (replaces 7th Heaven cont.)
8:00pm Touched By An Angel (replaces 7th Heaven)

9:00pm-4:00am is the same as it is now. Blog story on Monday.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #15
catsrule
Forum Veteran

Yes, Martha bombed! And Touched by an Angel is back. great news