Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Everybody Loves Raymond links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Everybody Loves Raymond Photo Gallery

Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete First Season

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete First Season on DVD
Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Second Season

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Third Season

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Everybody Loves Raymond - The Series Finale

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Series Finale on DVD
Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Series

Buy Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Everybody Loves Raymond
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

UP TV Acquires Growing Pains for January 2015; USA Network Orders Hacker Drama Starring Christian Slater
Week 13 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Charlie Sheen to Appear in The Goldbergs, and Possibly Two and a Half Men?; Becker Finished on DVD
ION Television Expands Hours in January 2015; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 22, 2014)
FXX to Launch New Late Night Animation Block; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Star to Host Fox Show
Bounce Acquires Sitcoms for January 2015, Roc, Different World, Parent 'Hood, Hughleys; ABC Family Picks Up New Drama Recovery Road
Nick at Nite Adds Everybody Loves Raymond January 1; George Lopez Hosts CW Dog Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Review
11/04 - The Exes - Seasons 1 & 2
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series / Review
11/06 - Kenan & Kel - The Best of Seasons 3 & 4
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dharma & Greg - The Complete Season 2
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Broad City - Season 1
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/02 - The Simpsons - The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - Family Guy - Volume 13
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-19-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Default Cast Didn't Get Along...??

I was reading a write-up about last night's Emmy Awards and it said that it was strongly rumored within the industry that the Everybody Loves Raymond cast couldn't stand each other, which surprised me a bit.

But then I thought back to the episode of Inside The Actors Studio that aired last spring around the time of the finale and I remember Patricia Heaton making a snide crack about Ray Romano. She said it also applied to her husband and men in general, but she didn't seem like she was kidding to me.

Then, the absence of any interviews with Doris Roberts on the retrospective show that aired before the finale. I'm just pulling things out of air here, but reading the emmy write-up gave me pause to think.

Anyone else know if there's any truth or falsity to the rumors??
Old 09-20-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
missjohnR
Forum Regular
KELLIE PICKLER IS #1

Location: Somewhere in the East where alot of people NEVER heard of.

I never heard anything like that. I know the cast got along great according to Brad when I got to meet him backstage. Someone asked him if he really likes the cast and he said "he gets along with them great. I love them to death. Ray on the other hand, No. (jokes)." So I think it's just a rumor. I think to me if they didn't get along, they would of re-cast some people or just quit the show.

Kellie Pickler will always be number one. She is the TRUE American Idol. She proved it on Wednesday night.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:17 PM   #3
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjohnR
I never heard anything like that. I know the cast got along great according to Brad when I got to meet him backstage. Someone asked him if he really likes the cast and he said "he gets along with them great. I love them to death. Ray on the other hand, No. (jokes)." So I think it's just a rumor. I think to me if they didn't get along, they would of re-cast some people or just quit the show.

I don't doubt what you wrote, but on the other hand, money talks. These people had a plum gig and any of them would have been foolish to walk away or behave badly enough to get fired from a hit show. It could very well have been just a nasty rumor. Kudos on getting to meet Brad Garrett - seems like a nice guy.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:19 PM   #4
Danaishot
Frequent Poster

It seemed like they got along fine!
Old 06-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #5
JesseElizabeth07
Frequent Poster
Jessica

Send a message via AIM to JesseElizabeth07 Send a message via MSN to JesseElizabeth07 Send a message via Yahoo to JesseElizabeth07

Yeah I've read several things that they got along, i mean they may have some tiffs but after spending 9 years together your going to argue and fight a little.. if you don't somethings wrong, but i think they generally like each other, if they didn't you'd be able to tell on screen, and i think they're just fine!
Old 06-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #6
Samme
Forum Regular

If you watched Celebrity Poker it's pretty clear that Ray and Brad get along great. Brad is always
joking and very talky but seems a good guy who truly wants to be liked. Ray has said that he himself is good at getting along with people. It's
been said by the cast that Debra was developed to
be a lot like Patty. In the book about the show she's asked how she gets along with Ray and she
never directly answers the question. Peter and
Doris both seem the type to be easy irritated and
not joke around. So I imagine everyone tried to
just not rile them up. Georgia, Fred Willard, and
Monica (Amy) seem to all have reps as very nice people. I imagine they all loved the work and knew
they were sitting on gold and just tried to not
rock the boat.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #7
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

I think no matter how much you may get along and be a "family," it is a job where people from different pasts and lifestyles converge. And even in a good family, there are occasional flare-ups.

Now, I love Patricia Heaton (really!) but from what I've seen of her in interviews, she seems very strong-willed and edgy. So perhaps she channeled that into Debra.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:08 AM   #8
two2er
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
Then, the absence of any interviews with Doris Roberts on the retrospective show that aired before the finale.

After watching that same show, the same question lingered on my mind. It seems to be pretty on purpose to leave her out. I believe the second time the finale couldn't be shot because Doris got a sore throat like Patty, but the camera apparently shys away from her while her coarse voice is heard. Again, no interview/comments from her. In that show, Ray introduced every cast member except for Doris to the studio audience. All these signs point to something fishy.

I read somewhere that there's salary dispute before the start of 8th season. Ray got paid 2 plus million per episode, but the other member of the cast got 300,000 to 600,000. They asked for a raise, but CBS said that the show isn't doing very well. I guess they didn't fully settle the issue and it dragged on towards the finale. That's just what I suspected. Could someone please confirm that? Or did they really get along?
Old 12-03-2006, 02:15 AM   #9
two2er
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samme
If you watched Celebrity Poker it's pretty clear that Ray and Brad get along great.

I agree that the Brothers get along very well. But I sense that Patty has some reservations about Ray. She also remarked that she wanted more makeout scenes with Ray. Is she being sarcastic, meaning that Ray, as the executive producer, has put too many makeout scenes into the show?
Old 03-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
Hughsgirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
I was reading a write-up about last night's Emmy Awards and it said that it was strongly rumored within the industry that the Everybody Loves Raymond cast couldn't stand each other, which surprised me a bit.

But then I thought back to the episode of Inside The Actors Studio that aired last spring around the time of the finale and I remember Patricia Heaton making a snide crack about Ray Romano. She said it also applied to her husband and men in general, but she didn't seem like she was kidding to me.

Then, the absence of any interviews with Doris Roberts on the retrospective show that aired before the finale. I'm just pulling things out of air here, but reading the emmy write-up gave me pause to think.

Anyone else know if there's any truth or falsity to the rumors??

So Debra (Patricia) is a bitch in real life! Another man hater like Rosanne?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #11
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

After three and a half years, the thread lives!!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
sbw
Occasional Poster

This is interesting. So does anybody know if this is actually true?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #13
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

I don't know if anyone saw it, but the cast of Raymond was on the TV Land awards. Ray and Patricia delivered the typical acceptance speeches, though Ray said "I'm on another show now. Patricia's on another show now. Brad watches our shows now." Hilarious.

Then Brad Garrett did his acceptance speech and it was the funniest one. He said, "Well now I'm going to tell you the truth about this f***ing cast!! It's all a lie! Ray's on a show! Patricia's on a show. Meanwhile, Doris and I are living in a van down by the river!"

Everyone howled at his speech.

But what I couldn't believe was how the kids had grown. Let's just say that Madylin Sweetin is no longer a little girl. But she still has that sweet smile.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #14
Rezny@gmail.com

And did they do a salute to the late Peter Boyle who played father Frank Barone?Just curious.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #15
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrezny@usnetizen
And did they do a salute to the late Peter Boyle who played father Frank Barone?Just curious.

Yes, they not only paid a very heartfelt tribute to Peter Boyle, but also to Robert Culp, who had a recurring role as Debra's father. Very classy of them.