Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Steve's Munsters Page / The Munsters links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Munsters Photo Gallery

The Munsters - The Complete First Season

Buy The Munsters - The Complete First Season on DVD

The Munsters - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Munsters - The Complete Second Season on DVD

The Munsters - Two-Movie Fright Fest

Buy The Munsters - Two-Movie Fright Fest on DVD

The Munsters - America's First Family of Fright (Documentary)

Buy The Munsters - America's First Family of Fright on DVD
The Munsters' Scary Little Christmas

Buy The Munsters' Scary Little Christmas on DVD
The Munsters - The Complete Series

Buy The Munsters - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > The Munsters
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ION Television Expands Hours in January 2015; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 22, 2014)
FXX to Launch New Late Night Animation Block; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Star to Host Fox Show
Bounce Acquires Sitcoms for January 2015, Roc, Different World, Parent 'Hood, Hughleys; ABC Family Picks Up New Drama Recovery Road
Nick at Nite Adds Everybody Loves Raymond January 1; George Lopez Hosts CW Dog Show
NBC Midseason 2015 Schedule with One Big Happy, Undateable, etc; FX Orders Donald Glover Pilot
Week 12 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Must See TV on NBC Officially Dead; Enlisted and Back in the Game on MOD DVD

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Review
11/04 - The Exes - Seasons 1 & 2
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series / Review
11/06 - Kenan & Kel - The Best of Seasons 3 & 4
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dharma & Greg - The Complete Season 2
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Broad City - Season 1
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/02 - The Simpsons - The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - Family Guy - Volume 13
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Movie Reports - The Wayans Brothers Still Want To Do "The Munsters" Movie Adaptation

Wayans: Munsters is Still Coming
Source:ShockTillYouDrop.com
May 20, 2009

The idea of a Munsters feature film with the Wayans Bros. involved terrifies this fan of the television series.

It's one of those projects that was announced years ago and hasn't yet come to fruition, but when we get a chance to speak to either Shawn or Marlon Wayans, we can't help but inquire as to the project's whereabouts. Yesterday, we got the following update from the latter who was out promoting Dance Flick.

"We're doing a rewrite on [Munsters] now. Bascially we're doing what they did with The Addams Family and bringing a classic to the screen," said Marlon.

In previous reports the brothers stated the film will be PG-13 and will not star them. They'll relocate the Munsters family to modern day

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=10570
Old 05-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

If those Waynas brothers have anything to do with this I will be sure to stay away from this. When will Hollywood learn about making classic TV shows into movies.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Oh, the pain!

It would be nice if they used the original house exterior on the Universal lot and the Munster Koach car.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

As Nancy Reagan said in 1984..."Just Say No..."
Old 06-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
coffield3
<3

Good grief I hope not!!

ღღღ
Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
TV DVD Fan

The Wayans brothers are pretty funny; I really enjoyed their "Little Man" which was made a few years back. I just don't know if they can make Munsters work. This show, and 60's TV fare in general, was so campy and light and fun--- the Wayans brothers seem more comfortable with more adult humor and sophisticated comedy than in laugh-track style comedy. Let's face it, alot of the humor from The Munsters was very corny and now seems archaic--- but its charm is what attracted me to the show. Don't know if that charm can transcend the barrier between the small screen and the big screen.

Sarah Connor: Maybe if you spend your life hiding who you are, you might finally end up fooling yourself.

- From the episode "Gnothi Seauton."
Old 11-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
davidh
Occasional Poster

Default wayans/munsters return?

i have always been a fan of THE MUNSTERS and i have enjoyed a few of the more recent Munters movies such as SCARY LITTLE CHRISTMAS. although ,i hated MUNSTERS TODAY. i am all for a motion picture treatment of THE MUNSTERS but i also feel that we all love the original cast and show so much that no one could duplicate it. the original is a classic. i cant even really imagine anyone playing the roles although i did see Brad Garrett do Herman in his act.and he did do a great job. i have also been thinking of the character of Lily. now ,dont laugh,i was thinking Diana Ross! think about it.she already has the hair,the nails, the eyes! i can see her pulling it off.just my opinion.if they do remake the Munsters,i pray it will live up to our expectations!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #8
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Oh, the pain!

I've given this a little thought and feel that Kelsey Grammer can pull off the part of Herman Munster, he was great as Beast in the X3. Sometimes on Frasier he makes a similiar expression as Herman.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
Torgo
The master would not approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV DVD Fan
the Wayans brothers seem more comfortable with more adult humor and sophisticated comedy

If the Wayans Bros is an example of sophisticated comedy, I'll stick with the "archaic" comedy of the 60's.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King