Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Gets Rose Marie Documentary; TBS Orders More Last O.G. and Search Party
CBS Pulls Living Biblically; First Wives Club Comedy Series Coming to Paramount Network
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 23, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Goldbergs Spinoff Happening After All; Grey's Anatomy Renewed for Fifteenth Season
Fri-Yay: Superstore is Doing the Will They/Won't They Story Arc Right; Laff Pays Tribute to Harry Anderson
CBS Picks Up 11 More Returning Series for 2018-19; BET 2018 Upfront
Carol Burnett Gets Netflix Series; Futurama on Syfy, Marathon on 4/20
The Goldbergs 1990s Spinoff Ordered for ABC; Remembering Harry Anderson of Night Court
It's a Living Coming to Logo on April 21; Hollywood Darlings Returns Wednesday on Pop
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 16, 2018)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April)

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season One Day at a Time - Season Two Perfect Strangers  - The Complete Third Season

02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/06 - Women of the House - Complete 12 Episode Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Ninth Season
03/13 - The New Adventures of Old Christine - The Complete First Season
03/27 - One Day at a Time - Season Two
04/03 - Ballers - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/03 - 90's Sitcom (Just Shoot Me!/The Larry Sanders Show/Wings) Starter Set - Season 1 & 2 Bundle
04/10 - Vice Principals - The Compelte Series
04/17 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Solomon's Weekly Rant (3/22/08) Discussion: TV Guide; Abdul Needs to Leave; Dancing

Please read:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...-is-right.html

... then discuss.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Solomon, I don't think you understand what the show Dancing with the Stars is about. It is exactly about the stars. The dances are the same each season but the people who are performing them are NOT. It is a competition show, so why would the dances have to change? Rules are rules.

I agree about TV Guide. It is terrible now. Don't watch Idol, so can't comment on Abdul...but from the clips I see on late night talk shows...she has emotional issues.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Solomon, I don't think you understand what the show Dancing with the Stars is about. It is exactly about the stars. The dances are the same each season but the people who are performing them are NOT. It is a competition show, so why would the dances have to change? Rules are rules.

I agree about TV Guide. It is terrible now. Don't watch Idol, so can't comment on Abdul...but from the clips I see on late night talk shows...she has emotional issues.

So what is so intriguing about watching Jason Taylor do the same thing that Clyde Drexeler and Emmit Smith already did?-lol Can't believe this show is not played out yet
Old 03-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

That is ballroom dancing Solomon. The same dances are done in any ballroom dancing championship. That is what DWTS is modeled after, those competitions. You can't change the dances. You can't suddenly throw in disco (such as the latin hustle) or any other style of dance. As a matter of fact, if you have ever paid attention to the oldest judge, he will criticize the dancers sometimes when they interject some dance move or some style of dancing that is NOT BALLROOM DANCING. If the dancers don't stick with the style of ballroom dancing such as the Cha Cha, their scores will suffer.

I am such a fan of the show and know the style of dances so well that I now notice the errors the dancers (usually the celeb) makes when they do something they aren't supposed to or they mess up on their footwork.

The purpose of the competition is to see who can master all the dances the way they are supposed to be done.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

I agree that Dancing with the stars is pure crap. Are these people even "stars" who do it? It still gets good ratings, but the ratings are down for it, which is good. It's a total chick show Solomon, so why even watch it?

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 03-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

I don't get the deal with Dancing With The Stars is either.

Have you seen Paula's recent music video? You can tell the women is heavily medicated when they show her looking at the camera, she doesn't look right.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #7
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
I agree that Dancing with the stars is pure crap. Are these people even "stars" who do it?

rofl, I know. There might be two somewhat famous people each season. Most time they get also-rans and people who were on a show with someone famous or related to someone famous (Drew Lachey anyone? Yea, he was in 98 Degrees with his brother, but nobody would remember him outside of diehard boyband fans if not for his big bro). I remember when John O'Hurley really milked his involvement for the first season because that's all he has to milk outside of the fact he was in a dozen or so Seinfeld episodes, and lets face it, Seinfeld's no longer recent.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:14 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
I agree that Dancing with the stars is pure crap. Are these people even "stars" who do it? It still gets good ratings, but the ratings are down for it, which is good. It's a total chick show Solomon, so why even watch it?

It sure is-lol that's why I stopped after last year
Old 03-22-2008, 05:14 PM   #9
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

I'd rather watch the celebs on DWTS then a bunch of wannabe pop stars on American Idol who get to the top and then two years later, their record company dumps them. Talk abt being a has been. That show is what needs to be taken off the air. So in a way, I agree, Paula needs to be dumped, with the whole show.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:14 PM   #10
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester
I don't get the deal with Dancing With The Stars is either.

Have you seen Paula's recent music video? You can tell the women is heavily medicated when they show her looking at the camera, she doesn't look right.

Paula Adul is a whack job no doubt about that. lol She is definitely on the pipe or something similar.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
It sure is-lol that's why I stopped after last year

Good for you! LOL
Old 03-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Reality TV needs to die...the end.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #13
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Paula Adul is a whack job no doubt about that. lol She is definitely on the pipe or something similar.
She is definitely on something and I can't put my finger on it. I wonder if she is taking so many painkillers to deal with her chronic pain a la Jeff Conaway.

Still, it is obvious her slurred speech and her eyes looking like she is not there, signal something is not right.

I don't watch AI anymore, but when I have seen Paula being interviewed or they show her on some show, she is not the same perky Paula from back in the 80's.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #14
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
She is definitely on something and I can't put my finger on it. I wonder if she is taking so many painkillers to deal with her chronic pain a la Jeff Conaway.

Still, it is obvious her slurred speech and her eyes looking like she is not there, signal something is not right.

I don't watch AI anymore, but when I have seen Paula being interviewed or they show her on some show, she is not the same perky Paula from back in the 80's.

Either that or she sleeps with the contestants.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #15
oz615
Forum Regular
Sitcoms Online Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
Reality TV needs to die...the end.

I second that motion