Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event
Showtime Isn't Kidding About Season 2 of Kidding; TBS Gets Another Unscripted Comedy
The CW Bulks Up for Next Summer; FX Brings Back Mr Inbetween for Season 2


New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
 
Pavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17, 2000
Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Posts: 26,295
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Solomon's Weekly Rant (11/24/07) Discussion: Cartoons on Nick@Nite; NFL Thanksgiving

Please read:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...s-time-at.html

...then discuss.
__________________
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog -- The best news out there!
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
peachysquirt21
Member
Forum Regular
 
peachysquirt21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 27, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 454
Default

I thought this was a great rant. LOL

I was surprised to see cartoons on that late on Nick at Nite. I was hoping for Thanksgiving episodes at least but no such luck.

The programming schedules for NAN & TV Land have sucked for the most part. This changing the schedule all the time is just ridiculous. I also wish they would take The Fresh Prince off there schedule. First I don't like the show & 2nd they show it way way too much. Enough!

As far as having a musical performance at half time, I don't get why they needed to do that just cause it was Thanksgiving. Big deal...
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

The Rugrats movie had started showing in my area around 7 p.m. I think. I remember we had just finished cleaning up after Thanksgiving dinner and my niece mentioned the movie was on. I had no idea they continued to show any cartoons in the late evening...

I don't get the half-time show for Thanksgiving football either. If they don't have a show for any other pre-Super Bowl game, why do it for Thanksgiving? That is the time to get away from the television.

I always use cash at Christmas time.
__________________
DALLAS COWBOYS ARE HERE AT TRAINING CAMP!!!
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
noveel
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 13, 2005
Posts: 526
Default

Possibly targeting 20-somethings? Spongebob does have an adult fanbase,
noveel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

I love me my Spongebob. He is one funny ass dude!
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #6
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!
Senior Member
 
JulieSomoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 06, 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I love me my Spongebob. He is one funny ass dude!
I'm with you . . . Spongebob is hilarious! Rugrats isn't.

Good rant Solomon. NAN has no right in mind to air a movie about a bunch of unbelievable, naive babies at midnight. They should have aired a Thanksgiving marathon like they have in previous years. Roseanne, Cosby, Home Improvement all had great Thanksgiving episodes, yet we didn't get to see them this year.

I don't mind the halftime show. I didn't watch it anyways this Thanksgiving, but it is just a normal game. They don't have to hype it up just because it's thanksgiving.
__________________
Click here to view some great articles written by my husband and I!
All views are appreciated!

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachysquirt21
I thought this was a great rant. LOL

I was surprised to see cartoons on that late on Nick at Nite. I was hoping for Thanksgiving episodes at least but no such luck.

The programming schedules for NAN & TV Land have sucked for the most part. This changing the schedule all the time is just ridiculous. I also wish they would take The Fresh Prince off there schedule. First I don't like the show & 2nd they show it way way too much. Enough!

As far as having a musical performance at half time, I don't get why they needed to do that just cause it was Thanksgiving. Big deal...

If you could have saw me with my mouth wide open when I turned to N@N-lol I was in total shock.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
The Rugrats movie had started showing in my area around 7 p.m. I think. I remember we had just finished cleaning up after Thanksgiving dinner and my niece mentioned the movie was on. I had no idea they continued to show any cartoons in the late evening...

I don't get the half-time show for Thanksgiving football either. If they don't have a show for any other pre-Super Bowl game, why do it for Thanksgiving? That is the time to get away from the television.

I always use cash at Christmas time.

Using credit is ok if you are going to send the CC company the exact amount you charged when you get paid. Not like my Aunt, charge $400 and only send in $30 when she gets paid-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
I'm with you . . . Spongebob is hilarious! Rugrats isn't.

Good rant Solomon. NAN has no right in mind to air a movie about a bunch of unbelievable, naive babies at midnight. They should have aired a Thanksgiving marathon like they have in previous years. Roseanne, Cosby, Home Improvement all had great Thanksgiving episodes, yet we didn't get to see them this year.

I don't mind the halftime show. I didn't watch it anyways this Thanksgiving, but it is just a normal game. They don't have to hype it up just because it's thanksgiving.


I'm not a huge Roseanne fan but A thanksgiving ep would have been a lot better than a Rugrats Movie-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #10
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
Using credit is ok if you are going to send the CC company the exact amount you charged when you get paid. Not like my Aunt, charge $400 and only send in $30 when she gets paid-lol
That's the kind of sh*t that gets people in trouble, not to mention paying all that interest.

I can imagine how you must have looked when you saw Rugrats! Believe me, my 6 year old son would have watched it had he known it was on! He is that crazy! Once I fell asleep with the tv on in my bedroom and there he was watching some channel that was airing cartoons at midnight!
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #11
MLBonTBS
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2006
Posts: 80
Default

I agree with you Solomon... this is what has happened now since Nickelodeon has taken over Nick at Nite. This never would have happened in the past...
MLBonTBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBonTBS
I agree with you Solomon... this is what has happened now since Nickelodeon has taken over Nick at Nite. This never would have happened in the past...

Now I understand, I forgot about the Takeover by Nickelodeon.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 25, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

Hey it could be worse, they may make FRESH PRINCE: THE CARTOON SERIES.
uke:
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
Hey it could be worse, they may make FRESH PRINCE: THE CARTOON SERIES.
uke:

The Kiddie spinoff-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:55 PM   #15
Dean Winchester
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Dean Winchester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2003
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 14,748
Default

cartoons aren't necessarily for kids. The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, etc... are all huge with adults. I could see The Simpsons on N@N/TV Land one of these days a decade or two into the future (it needs to wrap first, I think it's going to call it a series in 2009)
Dean Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.