Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-21-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Solomon's Weekly Rant: TV Land Confidential - July 21, 2007 Discussion

Please read: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...ecker-and.html

And then discuss here...
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 07-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

The only new Confidential I seen was the Finales episode. God, was that what the episode was abt? It sure didn't seem like it. I heard abt shows like What's Happening later returning as What's Happening Now! but where was the mention of other finales?

There have been so many show finales that there is no way in hell they could have mentioned the most popular ones in 22 minutes.

Also, why did they mention the I DREAM OF JEANNIE reunion movie in an episode abt FINALES? Sounds like that should have been set aside for a TVland confidential abt "sitcom reunions" not finales. I will admit, seeing Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy (J.R. Ewing & Bobby Ewing) appear on this episode was great for me, I am a huge DALLAS fan, however, it made no sense to have them talk abt Barbara Eden appearing on DALLAS as a 5 episode character when that had nothing to do with FINALES!!!! And vice versa, having Barbara Eden talk abt Larry Hagman NOT appearing in the I Dream of Jeannie reunion movie because of scheduling conflicts on the DALLAS set. What does that have to do with FINALES??????

Good rant Solomon, as usual.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
The only new Confidential I seen was the Finales episode. God, was that what the episode was abt? It sure didn't seem like it. I heard abt shows like What's Happening later returning as What's Happening Now! but where was the mention of other finales?

There have been so many show finales that there is no way in hell they could have mentioned the most popular ones in 22 minutes.

Also, why did they mention the I DREAM OF JEANNIE reunion movie in an episode abt FINALES? Sounds like that should have been set aside for a TVland confidential abt "sitcom reunions" not finales. I will admit, seeing Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy (J.R. Ewing & Bobby Ewing) appear on this episode was great for me, I am a huge DALLAS fan, however, it made no sense to have them talk abt Barbara Eden appearing on DALLAS as a 5 episode character when that had nothing to do with FINALES!!!! And vice versa, having Barbara Eden talk abt Larry Hagman NOT appearing in the I Dream of Jeannie reunion movie because of scheduling conflicts on the DALLAS set. What does that have to do with FINALES??????

Good rant Solomon, as usual.

TV land reminds me of a pretty girl with a nice body who don't know how to walk in high heels or wear the right outfit-lol She has the pretty face, and nice body but just don't know how to come across as sexy-lol Like TV land, has all the right ideas and tons of footage but lack the ability to come across as ENERTAINING
Old 07-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalyzer
TV land reminds me of a pretty girl with a nice body who don't know how to walk in high heels or wear the right outfit-lol She has the pretty face, and nice body but just don't know how to come across as sexy-lol Like TV land, has all the right ideas and tons of footage but lack the ability to come across as ENERTAINING
You should have put that in your rant.

I like the concept, I really do, but they throw it all together like they are making salad, except too much of the wrong ingredients and not enough of the right ingredients.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
You should have put that in your rant.

I like the concept, I really do, but they throw it all together like they are making salad, except too much of the wrong ingredients and not enough of the right ingredients.

Just thinking of the Topics should defintely have been a 60 min program. Why cram a interesting topic like TV finales into 22 minutes like you said? TV land will get it together one day
Old 07-21-2007, 02:45 PM   #6
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

the only thing I am not happy about TV Land is that There Show's are not on Time I wish that TV Land would start there show's on The clock for example Three's Company should be starting at 11:00 pm on Monday Night's instead Three's Company start's at 11:05 pm.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
stevejay
Occasional Poster

The only way we watch is to DVR it. It seems there are too many commercials. They continue to miss out on this one. Yes...it should be 60 minutes. They rush and miss a lot of the information we thrive. They are missing the boat but look at the channel and it's ratings. That is why the channel does this off the clock programming. They owe so many make goods to advertisers because the ratings are so low. It's sad to see a channel self destruct. First CBS started killing their radio stations and now TV too. They should go back to what made TV land Successful. Take a hint from WCBS-FM radio????? By the way...I think they are renaming TV Land...The Western Channel with Bonanza & Gunsmoke 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

I don't want to discuss the "off-hour" tvland starts their programming, I would rather talk abt the topic right here abt TVland Confidential. Though that topic abt the actual start of programming may be a rant here someday.

As for the Confidential series, they are fun to watch, but I just get so irritated when they flash scenes and pictures so fast, just to try and make a point. They must pay the actors who appear fairly well, I can't see these actors take time from their personal lives to appear for moments on these special FOR NOTHING.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:05 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
I don't want to discuss the "off-hour" tvland starts their programming, I would rather talk abt the topic right here abt TVland Confidential. Though that topic abt the actual start of programming may be a rant here someday.

As for the Confidential series, they are fun to watch, but I just get so irritated when they flash scenes and pictures so fast, just to try and make a point. They must pay the actors who appear fairly well, I can't see these actors take time from their personal lives to appear for moments on these special FOR NOTHING.

Honestly since it was just 22 min, I think only Two Finales should have been discussed and two Oddball characters
Old 07-21-2007, 09:31 PM   #10
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Honestly since it was just 22 min, I think only Two Finales should have been discussed and two Oddball characters
Well let me see, there is the CHEERS finale, the NEWHART finale, the M*A*S*H finale, that other show that I don't care for FRIENDS finale, SEINFELD finale, and who can forget the ROSEANNE finale. There are just too many memorable finales for TvLand to have had a "Finale" episode, especially in 22 minutes, I mean c'mon. With all those finales and many others how could they think of trying to do that segment? You are going to miss toooo many good finales. It's like trying to fit the best 50 movies ever in a 22 minute segment.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #11
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Well let me see, there is the CHEERS finale, the NEWHART finale, the M*A*S*H finale, that other show that I don't care for FRIENDS finale, SEINFELD finale, and who can forget the ROSEANNE finale. There are just too many memorable finales for TvLand to have had a "Finale" episode, especially in 22 minutes, I mean c'mon. With all those finales and many others how could they think of trying to do that segment? You are going to miss toooo many good finales. It's like trying to fit the best 50 movies ever in a 22 minute segment.

TV Land Confidential-"THE FASTEST 30 mins in Televison"

LOL
Old 07-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
TV Land Confidential-"THE FASTEST 30 mins in Televison"

LOL
Yeah it is.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:17 PM   #13
Rezny@gmail.com

Quote:
Yeah it is.
I personally like TVLand Confidential,and this past episode must have been done at the beginning of the year,because they showed an interview with Tom Poston,who died recently.Also,has anyone else noticed that TVLand Confidential ONLY talks about series that THEY air,or have aired?For instance:They had interviews with Dick Van Patten of "Eight is Enough",(currently they don't carry "Eight is Enough",but DID for just one episode)and Dwayne Hickman of "Dobie Gillis"(Yes,they DID air it once),and they don't even carry "Eight is Enough"or "Dobie Gillis"on a regular basis.And you're right,solomon.They COULD have aired the TVLand about Oddball Characters for an hour,because there were lots and lots and LOTS of oddball characters.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:57 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezny9@hotmail.com
I personally like TVLand Confidential,and this past episode must have been done at the beginning of the year,because they showed an interview with Tom Poston,who died recently.Also,has anyone else noticed that TVLand Confidential ONLY talks about series that THEY air,or have aired?For instance:They had interviews with Dick Van Patten of "Eight is Enough",(currently they don't carry "Eight is Enough",but DID for just one episode)and Dwayne Hickman of "Dobie Gillis"(Yes,they DID air it once),and they don't even carry "Eight is Enough"or "Dobie Gillis"on a regular basis.And you're right,solomon.They COULD have aired the TVLand about Oddball Characters for an hour,because there were lots and lots and LOTS of oddball characters.

I don't know right off hand but what Finales do you feel TV Land didn't discuss that they should have even though they didn't air the show? Alice I guess would be one example
Old 07-22-2007, 12:25 AM   #15
Rezny@gmail.com

Quote:
I don't know right off hand but what Finales do you feel TV Land didn't discuss that they should have even though they didn't air the show? Alice I guess would be one example
I can think of one right offhand,and that would be "Matlock",which had not only one,but TWO finales-When the NBC episodes ended in 1992,it was the 2-hour episode "The Assassination"and when the ABC episodes ended,(and the series ended for good)in 1995,it was the 2-hour episode "The Scam".