Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall Pilot Review: Bad Judge - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 2; Antenna TV's Hitch-O-Ween Marathon on Halloween
ABC Fall Pilot Review: Manhattan Love Story - Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30; ABC Family Picks Up Young & Hungry for 2nd Season, and New Drama
ABC Fall Pilot Review: Selfie - Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30; Starz Gives Us Sampling of LeBron James Produced Comedy
Week 1 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Hub Network to Rebrand; Mork & Mindy to be Completed on DVD?
CBS Doubles Up on Big Bang on Mondays, Moves Mom; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of September 29, 2014)
Bounce TV Fall 2014 Info; Vintage SNL to Air in Primetime on Saturday Nights

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)

New Girl - The Complete Season Three The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season

09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Dancing with the Stars SEASON 3 Celebs!

A SPECTACULAR LINEUP OF STARS MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE DANCE FLOOR

ON THE THIRD SEASON OF ABC’S HUGE HIT VARIETY SERIES, “DANCING WITH THE STARS,”

PREMIERING TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12

An American football superstar, a legendary TV talk show host, an award-winning country music singing star, an ultra-conservative TV political pundit, a movie star and a former beauty queen are among the performers who will compete this season on “Dancing with the Stars,” premiering TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Hosted by Tom Bergeron (“Americas Funniest Home Videos”) and co-hosted by Samantha Harris (E! Entertainment), the new season brings an exciting lineup of even more celebrities than before. The 11 couples heading to the dance floor this season are:

TUCKER CARLSON – MSNBC news anchor -- and often controversial -- conservative political TV pundit and columnist. He will be partnered with professional dancer Elena Grinenko, who makes her series debut this season.

MONIQUE COLEMAN – Actress and teen idol from Disney Channel’s smash hit “High School Musical.” She will be partnered with professional dancer Louis Van Amstel, who returns for his third season. Van Amstel danced with Lisa Rinna and Trista Sutter in previous seasons.

SARA EVANS – Country Music Award-winning and top-selling singing sensation. Sara will dance with Tony Dovolani, who partnered with Stacy Keibler in the second season.

WILLA FORD – Singing sensation and self-professed “bad girl of pop.” Professional dancer Maxsim Chmerkovskiy, who teamed up with Tia Carrere last season, will be her professional dance partner.

VIVICA A. FOX – Stunning film and television actress/producer who has starred in several major blockbusters including “Kill Bill” and “Independence Day.” She will be partnered with professional dancer Nick Kosovich, who returns for his second season. He was previously paired with Tatum O’Neal.

HARRY HAMLIN – Film and TV star of the hit, award-winning drama series “L.A. Law” and husband of “Dancing with the Stars” alumna Lisa Rinna. Professional dancer Ashly Delgrosso returns to the series for her third season. She was previously paired with Master P and Joey McIntyre.

JOE LAWRENCE – Actor and former teen heartthrob. Professional dancer Edyta Sliwinska, who returns for her third season, will be his partner. She previously partnered with George Hamilton and Evander Holyfield.

MARIO LOPEZ – Actor and TV host. He will be partnered with professional dancer Karina Smirnoff, who makes her series debut.

SHANNA MOAKLER – National beauty queen, actress, model and reality television star. Professional dancer Jesse DeSoto joins the cast for the first time this season as her partner.

EMMITT SMITH – An NFL legend and three-time Super Bowl champion who holds the world’s all-time leading rushing record and is considered one of the greatest football players to ever play the game. He will be partnered with “Dancing with the Stars” season two professional dance champion, Cheryl Burke.

JERRY SPRINGER – Notorious TV talk show host of “The Jerry Springer Show,” talk radio broadcaster and politician. He will be partnered with Australian beauty, professional dancer Kym Johnson, who makes her series debut this season. Kym was the champion of the Australian “Dancing with the Stars.”

Each week this season, the celebrity and professional dance pairs will perform live choreographed Latin and traditional ballroom dance routines to popular live music performed by a 15-piece orchestra led by musical director Harold Wheeler. The expert panel of beloved and sometimes maligned judges, former ballroom dancer Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba, will return for a third season to weigh in on the pairs’ performances. The viewing public also gets to weigh in, by phoning in or voting online for their favorite performers. The scores are combined and the outcome will be announced during a results show the following evening.

Each Wednesday the suspense will build as the dancing couple with the lowest combined score is eliminated on “Dancing with the Stars, The Results,” premiering WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET). Each results show will feature exciting live performances by award-winning, multi-platinum selling pop, country and Latin musical artists.

In its competitive Thursday time period, ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” (“DWTS”) earned second place to CBS, beating NBC in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. The series improved the time slot for ABC by 12 million viewers and by 127% in Adults 18-49, over the Net’s average with regular programming prior to its debut. In addition, the series emerged as one of TV’s Top 10 most-watched shows for the 2005-06 season (No. 7) and represents ABC’s top-rated Thursday night series in viewers and young adults in the last six seasons – since the 1999-00 season. In its second season finale on Sunday, Feb. 26, “DWTS” marked the series’ best numbers ever across the board, surpassing its first season finale by 4.8 million viewers and by 28% in Adults 18-49. The “DWTS” finale drew an average audience of 27.2 million viewers with nearly 30 million people watching during the final half-hour while the winner was announced.

“Dancing with the Stars” is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, “Strictly Come Dancing.” This version is produced in America by BBC Worldwide. Conrad Green is executive producer and Izzie Pick is co-executive producer. Rob Wade and Matilda Zoltowski are supervising producers. Alex Rudzinski directs.

“Dancing with the Stars” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Melonhead00
Forum Regular
#00 Teshawn Edmonds

Default Dancing With The Stars, version 3.0

Dancing With The Stars, version 3.0
Time to rid the weak, light that place up, bring the party to us, take out the trash, and level up to "AAA+"

And just three more things:
Just Bring It On!
Dance/Off
Game On, Everyone!

HAIL KING LAGASSE I!!!

Gatorade is the healing of nation. Water must bow down unto the King of all sporting drinks

adidas New Jersey Transit: It's my way of going. If you don't like it, tough.

Football is Football
Old 08-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #3
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

Ooooo I can't wait to see Mario Lopez dance. I wish they would've chosen Henry Winkler... That would've been so cool to see him dance.

***SAY NO TO DRUGS***

Jesus saves...
Old 08-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #4
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

As I got to the fourth name I was like "Who the hell are these people?" Then after that, I seen the wonderful Emmitt Smith...Mario Lopez will be fun to watch...what a great line-up.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #5
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Send a message via AIM to TVJunkie101

Wow! I forgot about the cast release this morning. But some GREAT choices.

I do have one complaint: JERRY SPRINGER!? Sheesh ...
Old 08-14-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
HuntingtonM15
Everlasting 4/8

I've never watched before, but now I will. Go Sara!!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #7
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Never heard of half of them...

Pretty horrible cast IMO, especially considering the huge hit it was last season.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

True but I never heard of Stacy Keibler before, and man she was good.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:26 PM   #9
TVJunkie101
Member...you 'member?

Send a message via AIM to TVJunkie101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
Never heard of half of them...

Pretty horrible cast IMO, especially considering the huge hit it was last season.

I don't know what you're talking about ... I think it's a great cast. To each his own I suppose. Only one that annoys me by being in the cast is Jerry Springer ...

Only ones I'm not *too* familiar with are Willa Ford, Monique Dawson and Tucker Carlson and Shanna Moakler. The rest you'd have to be living under a rock to never have heard of them.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #10
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVJunkie101
I don't know what you're talking about ... I think it's a great cast. To each his own I suppose. Only one that annoys me by being in the cast is Jerry Springer ...

Only ones I'm not *too* familiar with are Willa Ford, Monique Dawson and Tucker Carlson and Shanna Moakler. The rest you'd have to be living under a rock to never have heard of them.

Those were the ones(minus Tucker Carlson) I had not heard of... There's just not that many big name celebrities on it, like you'd expect from a reality megahit. Just my opinion of course... I'll still be watching.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #11
debwalsh
Forum Regular
Ancient Archivist

Monique Coleman will bring in the teen/tween demographic. She's one of the stars of High School Musical, and she's been doing the publicity tour stuff with the dance-along over the past few months. She's appeared fairly frequently on Suite Life of Zack and Cody, too, as well as other tween sitcoms.

Interesting choice in Harry Hamlin. I remember his wife Lisa saying that she always felt like a klutz with him because he was a trained dancer. A ringer, perhaps?

Tucker Carlson. Wow, that beggars the imagination ... can't wait!
Old 08-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88

Those were the ones(minus Tucker Carlson) I had not heard of... There's just not that many big name celebrities on it, like you'd expect from a reality megahit. Just my opinion of course... I'll still be watching.

Who was that big on season 2? Drew Lachey, lol? I think some of these stars are more bigger than last season. Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice are equal in popularity probably. I wish they would have gotten Robin Givens. She would be great. Vivica A. Fox is a good pick, though.

I wonder if Bruno will be drooling over someone again this season? Maybe Shanna? I'm sure she is no Stacy, though. Stacy was so great in every way.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #13
TJL
Forum Veteran
Suburbanite Extrordinaire

So I guess Tucker Carlson wants to destroy what little street cred he has left...

Read my blogs!
http://centralparkamisguide.com/
http://dvdcriticscorner.com
Visit me on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641138880
Hey, I do the tweet thing too!
http://twitter.com/TomLevier
My shop of handmade items!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ColdGarageCreations
Old 08-14-2006, 10:13 PM   #14
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Drool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
I wonder if Bruno will be drooling over someone again this season? Maybe Shanna? I'm sure she is no Stacy, though. Stacy was so great in every way.

Oh yes... I mean yes she was.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:07 AM   #15
Melonhead00
Forum Regular
#00 Teshawn Edmonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL
So I guess Tucker Carlson wants to destroy what little street cred he has left...

On 03 October, you're on life support, and on the Fourth you're dead. Tucker could be the first package abandoned in the desert. The others could be Emmitt and Springer biting the dust