Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-21-2005, 08:03 PM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Both Nick@Nite and TV Land Score the Most-Watched Years Ever For 2005

TV LAND SCORES MOST-WATCHED YEAR EVER FOR 2005

Originals and Classic Hits Advance Net to Highest Audience
Levels in Channel History

Santa Monica, CA, December 21, 2005 - For 2005 to date, TV Land is pacing to earn its most-watched year ever among its core demo of Adults 25-54 and among total viewers on a total programming day basis. Bolstered by new original programming and its proven roster of hit classic TV programming, the network will finish the year averaging 303,000 A25-54, up +18% versus YAGO and 600,000 total viewers on a total programming day basis, up +20% over last year. Additionally, TV Land is pacing to have its most-watched prime time ever in its 10-year history, averaging 411,000 A25-54, an increase of +16% over 2004 and drawing 966,000 total viewers, up +24%.

For the year to date, according to Nielsen Media Research (12/27/04-12/18/05), TV Land posted in total programming day a 0.3/303,000 among Adults 25-54, and in prime time, the net averaged a 0.4/411,000.

TV Land 2005 Performance Highlights include:

* Good Times, which airs every night from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. with back to back episodes, is averaging a 0.5/489,000, up +10% in delivery over last year among A25-54. It is drawing an average of over 1 million total viewers, up +15% over 2004.

* What's Happening?, one of the coolest comedies of the 1970s, launched on Saturday, November 5 with a 48-hour marathon. The showcase averaged a 0.7/628,000, up +75% in rating and delivery versus year ago. Among total viewers, the marathon attracted an average of nearly 1 million, up +41% over last year.

* TV Land Confidential, the network's original series which aired every Wednesday at 10 p.m. from 9/14/05-10/26/05, shared the untold stories behind some of the greatest shows on TV, from I Dream of Jeannie to Everybody Loves Raymond. The series averaged a 0.4/388,000, up +14% in delivery among A25-54. It delivered 853,000 total viewers, up +17% over 2004.

TV Land's core demo is comprised of Baby Boomers, generally defined as Americans born between 1946 and 1964. In October 2005, TV Land announced that it has secured the services of Ken Dychtwald, the nation's leading expert on Baby Boomers, and his San Francisco-based consulting firm - Age Wave - to conduct a comprehensive study exploring consumer behaviors and attitudes of the Baby Boom generation. As consultants to TV Land, Dychtwald and Age Wave have been assigned two primary projects: 1) to develop and execute a "state-of-the generation" presentation to TV Land advertisers in March, 2006 and 2) to conduct a national study that examines their social influence and consumer trends on a wide range of issues pertaining to entertainment. The study's findings are slated to be released by TV Land and Age Wave in September, 2006.

------------------------------------------------------

NICK AT NITE DRAWS RECORD AUDIENCE LEVELS,
SCORES ITS MOST-WATCHED YEAR EVER IN ITS 20 YEAR HISTORY

Network #1 Basic Cable Net Among Women 18-49, 18-34 and 25-54
Top 5 Basic Cable Net Among A18-49 with Household Income 75K+

Santa Monica, CA, December 21, 2005 - For 2005 to date, Nick at Nite is
poised to record its most-watched year ever among total viewers on a
total programming day basis. Driven by the success of its hit original
hidden camera series, Hi-Jinks, as well as the continued success of
modern hit sitcoms The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Roseanne the network
is also finishing the year as the number-one basic cable network among
Women 18-49, Women 18-34, Women 25-54 and African Americans A18-49.

For the year to date, according to Nielsen Media Research
(12/27/04-12/18/05), Nick at Nite posted in total programming day a
0.6/642,000 among Adults 18-49. Among total viewers, the network
increased its audience by 10% over 2004, delivering an average of over
1.5 million total viewers. Additionally, Nick at Nite ranked in the top
5 among all basic cable nets among A18-49 with a household income of
75K.

Nick at Nite 2005 Performance Highlights:

* Hi-Jinks scored impressive ratings in its debut season. In its
first six weeks, it averaged a 0.5 among Nick at Nite's target audience
of Adults 18-49, up +25% from last year. The series delivered 532,000
A18-49 viewers, lifting +36% over last year, and it averaged over 2.2
million total viewers, up +48% versus year ago. The series has been
watched by over 37 million people, including premiere and repeat
telecasts.

* For the year, The Fresh of Bel Air is averaging a 0.7/720,000
among A18-49, up +17% in rating and +10% in delivery over 2004's channel
average. The sitcom is delivering nearly 1.8 million total viewers, an
increase of +25% over last year.

* Roseanne is posting a 0.7/704,000 for the year, up +17% in
rating and +7% in delivery among Adults 18-49 and delivered 1.5 million
total viewers, up +7% over 2004.

Nick at Nite Originals was created in 2003 to develop original
programming that meets what the network refers to as the "Four F's"
criteria: programming that is Family-Friendly, Funny and Familiar. Nick
at Nite Originals produced Fatherhood (June 2004), a show based on Bill
Cosby's best-selling book of the same name, which has been one of the
highest rated shows on the network. The series is currently in its
second season with more episodes to premiere in October 2005. In May
2005, the network aired Nick at Nite's Search for the Funniest Mom in
America.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:02 PM   #2
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

scary... both networks suffered their suckiest years ever IMO

On N@N I like Roseanne and Murphy Brown, and on TV Land I like Happy Days and Three's Company, but all in all, both networks have gotten so homogenized, I miss actual variety on the networks. I miss N@N having 10 shows in their roster, as opposed to 6, two of which are only shown in the dead of night
Old 12-21-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNG UP!

On N@N I like Roseanne and Murphy Brown, and on TV Land I like Happy Days and Three's Company, but all in all, both networks have gotten so homogenized, I miss actual variety on the networks. I miss N@N having 10 shows in their roster, as opposed to 6, two of which are only shown in the dead of night

I agree with you. It seems like the more I dislike those two channels, the higher the ratings are for them.

And now they're planning on doing more and more and more original shows. I hate when they do original shows. I tune into TV Land and N@N for reruns. That's what those channels are supposed to be about. Classic TV of the PAST.

I WANT to like N@N and TV Land again, that's why I'm always so angry with them. Back in the day I LOVED those two networks. I used to boast about how I'd watch N@N and TV Land. Now, I just tell everyone that I avoid those channels in favor of my DVDS. Which is the truth.

Of course, I don't have a problem with "Good Times", "What's Happening!!" and "Night Court" coming. But I really don't watch any of them.

(1) Andy Richter Controls the Universe (2) Boy Meets World (3) Cheers (4) Community (5) Ellen (6) Grounded for Life (7) Hey Dude (8)The Honeymooners (9) I Love Lucy (10) The King of Queens (11) Married with Children (12) Mister Ed (13) The Munsters (14) Ned and Stacey (15) Newhart (16) NewsRadio (17) Night Court (18) Norm (19) The Office (20) Parks & Recreation (21) Rhoda (22) Spin City (23) Taxi (24) That 70s Show (25) Wings
Old 12-21-2005, 11:38 PM   #4
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNG UP!