Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-17-2005, 09:21 PM   #16
troopoleon8897
Let's Go!!

Send a message via AIM to troopoleon8897

When Exactly are The Cosby Show's, Who's The Boss's and The Jeff Foxworthy Show's Contracts Up? I think I know the rest but correct me if im wrong.

Full House (2007)
Roseanne (2008)
The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air (2009)
Murphy Brown (2009)

If Im right I think N@N has their head on straight because when every hit leaves it will be replaced with a likely hit...

Full House - Home Improvement
Roseanne - One of the other aquired shows
The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air - The Nanny

In each life some rain falls, but you also get some Sun...

My DVDs
Old 12-17-2005, 09:25 PM   #17
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

I think WTB? is up in May 2006, but Pav would know for sure.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:46 PM   #18
Buffyboy323

WTB? is up in May 2006??? they only got it in June 2004....How Cheap!

................Let's all cross our fingers that "Growing Pains" replaces Roseanne in 2008. (Although it probably would do as good as WTB? and shoved to 3am)
Old 12-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #19
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyboy323

................Let's all cross our fingers that "Growing Pains" replaces Roseanne in 2008. (Although it probably would do as good as WTB? and shoved to 3am)

wow, Buffyboy, you don't like Roseanne? Joss Whedon was a writer with the show in season 2, and the late Glenn Quinn went onto co-star in Angel's first season, plus Alyson Hannigan was in one episode.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:50 PM   #20
troopoleon8897
Let's Go!!

Send a message via AIM to troopoleon8897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyboy323

Exactly, It was cheap I don't think N@N spent that much money on it

also, according to what i think is right N@N usually contracts most of there shows for up to 5 years so Im betting 2006 will see TCS transfer to TV Land..
Old 12-18-2005, 04:11 AM   #21
Buffyboy323

Wink

OMG!..I love Rosey!!! it's one of the best sitcoms ever!!!...(not because Willow and Doyle were on it, but that's a plus)....I just meant that I hope Growing Pains replaces it in 2008=when it's contract is up. I think Roseanne and Full House are the Best on Nick right now. (although i don't really watch them anymore, because I've seen them all a million times, even before Nick had them, LOL)
Old 12-19-2005, 08:35 PM   #22
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Nick@Nite has added another Roseanne marathon. This time in January. Catch a full week of nothing but Roseanne from Monday, January 23 through Sunday, January 29 at 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. ET/PT those nights. The December week-long Roseanne marathon is this week! I hope you are all excited! And finally, Nick@Nite will rebroadcast all six episodes from season one of Hi-Jinks every Tuesday for six weeks at 9:30 p.m. starting January 17. After that, season two will air.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:13 PM   #23
JulieSomoski
Watch Medium, Fridays on CBS!

Roseanne is definitely my favorite on NIck at nite. And now its great because its the most-aired show weekly, because there are 6 episodes of Roseanne a night (correct me if I'm wrong) and now there are two marathons, which is now more than the 5 episodes a night Fresh Prince delivers. Looks like Roseanne is taking over NIck at nite, because it used to be all of us getting sick or Fresh Prince.

I think NIck at nite is also treating Murphy Borwn and Who's the Boss? badly because Who's the Boss was on at like 10:00 I think in Jully of 2004, in the summer I know for sure, and it was only on then for like a month until it was moved to latenight. If this keeps up or Nick at Nite doesn't help its ratings, then we might be seeing Murphy Brown go sooner than 2009.

I also think Full House is getting treated badly because now it only airs 1 episode a night (sometimes 2) which is 4 less than Roseanne (and didn't both of them debut on NIck at Nite around the same time?)

I am getting very sick of the Cosby SHow, because it ahs been on the longest f any of the shows on Nick at nite today. Get rid of it for god sakes, how can someone take that much Cosby Show for that long of a period?

I guess raitngs decide which shows will be treated better, though. Which means maybe if they treated Murphy Brown a little better, then maybe their ratings will improve.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:25 AM   #24
JulieSomoski
Watch Medium, Fridays on CBS!

Yeah, I think Who's the bOSS? is supposed to leave Nick at Nite in May 2007 when mad ABout You comes. I just don't think this is right because they are getting rid of their worst show ratings-wise but also I think its contract is up. Maybe if it was moved to a better timeslot its ratings would improve, and i tcould stayon for a little longer. I episode a night definitely isnt helping either. Murphy Brown is getting the same treatment as Who's the Boss? though wehn both of those shows are very good shows. two Roseanne marathons, and then 6 episodes on weeknites and 4 on weekends? That's insane. But this is probably a hint from NIck at Nite. I wouldn't be surprised if they booted Roseanne to late night only when mad About You comes to NIck at NIte. Because think, probably Cosby Show is going to late night when MAY comes, and Full House will probably be only on at 5 and 5:30. This sucks, because how better is Mad ABout You really than Full House and Cosby? No better, and it ran a season less than both shows. And then Nick at NIte is probably going to moveit to late night after a month or so and igve it one episode a night just like they did with MB and WTB?

But Fresh Prince was Nick at NItes best show a couple months ago, but now it seems like ROseanne is its bes show, because Roseanne is getting better treatment than it ever got from Nick at Nite before. Fresh Prince and Roseanne are my two favrotie shows, but when they probably finish coming out on DVD, NIck at Nite is going to see there is no use to air them anymore, and are probably going to give them bad treatment. JUST MY OPINION.

Here is my dream schedule for Nick at NIte right now:

9:00 Full House
9:30 Fresh Prince
10:00 Fresh Prince
10:30 Roseanne
11:00 Roseanne
11:30 Roseanne
12:00 Tne Cosby SHow
12:30 the Cosby Show
1:00 Fresh Prince
1:30 Fresh Prince
2:00 Roseanne
2:30 Roseanne
3:00 Murphy Brown
3:30 Who's the Boss?
4:00 Murphy Brown
4:30 Who's the Boss?
5:00 Full House
5:30 Full House

I think Jeff Foxworthy has to go, because it si bringing in no ratings and only has 2 seasons.

Here is a schedule that I would like when MAY comes, and this is what I'd like if Who's the Boss leaves:

9:00 Full House
9:30 Fresh Prince
10:00 Mad About You
10:30 Mad About You
11:00 Roseanne
11:30 Roseanne
12:00 Fresh Prince
12:30 Fresh Prince
1:00 Murphy Brown
1:30 Murphy Brown
2:00 Roseanne
2:30 Roseanne
3:00 Mad About You
3:30 Mad About You
4:00 The Cosby Show
4:30 Roseanne
5:00 Fresh Prince
5:30 Full House

Just a thought .. .
Old 12-23-2005, 10:33 PM   #25
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Nick@Nite has added another Roseanne marathon. This time in January. Catch a full week of nothing but Roseanne from Monday, January 23 through Sunday, January 29 at 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. ET/PT those nights. The December week-long Roseanne marathon is this week! I hope you are all excited!

I love Roseanne and all.. and I've been loving these marathons this week(I was a zombie til late this afternoon though ), but ANOTHER one? Part of the reason I had quit watching is because it was on too much. I don't have Oxygen now, and it's like N@N is adding more airings to make up for it.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:17 PM   #26
EmoJoe
Forum Legend
Cool cool cool

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Nick@Nite has added another Roseanne marathon. This time in January. Catch a full week of nothing but Roseanne from Monday, January 23 through Sunday, January 29 at 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. ET/PT those nights. The December week-long Roseanne marathon is this week! I hope you are all excited! And finally, Nick@Nite will rebroadcast all six episodes from season one of Hi-Jinks every Tuesday for six weeks at 9:30 p.m. starting January 17. After that, season two will air.
Because thats what N@N needs.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
Old 12-25-2005, 01:21 PM   #27
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

I'm starting to really get into Roseanne, but geesh these marathons are major overkill. I'm starting to get sick of the show already