Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Growing Pains links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Growing Pains Photo Gallery

Growing Pains - The Complete First Season

Buy Growing Pains - The Complete First Season on DVD
Growing Pains - The Complete Second Season

Buy Growing Pains - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Growing Pains - The Complete Third Season

Buy Growing Pains - The Complete Third Season on DVD (Amazon.com)
(WBShop.com)
Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD (Amazon.com)
(WBShop.com)
Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD (Amazon.com)
(WBShop.com)
Growing Pains - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Growing Pains - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD (Amazon.com)
(WBShop.com)
Growing Pains - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Growing Pains - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD (Amazon.com)
(WBShop.com)
Growing Pains - The Movie

Buy Growing Pains - The Movie on DVD (Amazon.com)
(WBShop.com)
Growing Pains - Return of the Seavers

Buy Growing Pains - Return of the Seavers on DVD (Amazon.com)
(WBShop.com)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Growing Pains

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Reboot Fever Continues with Talks of Designing Women and Frasier Reboots; E! Gets Busy...Philipps
Netflix's Atypical Returns Sept. 7; GSN Brings Back John Michael Higgins Game Show
Antenna TV's Alice Labor Day Marathon; NBC App Adds Saved by the Bell and Heroes
Fresh off the Boat Launches Sept. 1 on UPtv; New Sabrina Begins Oct. 26 on Netflix
Netflix Gets Paul Rudd Comedy from IFC; Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj Coming to Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 13, 2018)
SitcomOnline Digest: Discussions Underway for New Seasons of The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family; Trial & Error Looking for Home for Third Season
Fri-Yay: Orange Is the New Black Season 6: A Tightrope Between Comedy and Drama; King of the Hill Labor Day Marathon on Comedy Central

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-21-2005, 03:36 PM   #31
SpinCT
MICHAEL J. FOX ROCKS
Forum Regular

oh my god, that's great news! I'm all happy. I've been waiting for the release of that show on dvd since 1998. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 02:44 AM   #32
Better Days
Frequent Poster

Talking

Zippity do da, zippity-ay!
My favorite sitcom is headin' our way.
Zippity do da, zippity-ay!
Wonderful feelin', Wonderful Day
Better Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #33
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

GROWING PAINS THE HIT ‘80s FAMILY COMEDY COMES TO DVD FEBRUARY 7, 2006 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO

Special Features to Include Unaired Scenes and a Reunion Documentary

BURBANK, CA (December 14, 2005) – Homes across America can re-live their favorite Seaver family moments when Warner Home Video (WHV) releases Growing Pains: The Complete First Season on DVD February 7, 2006.

The four-disc DVD set will feature the Emmy and Golden Globe-nominated series’ first 22 landmark episodes, which launched the show into its successful seven-year run. The popular, eighties sitcom’s premiere season will also include scenes from the show’s un-aired pilot episode, a gag reel and a special Seaver family reunion, in which the cast reunite and reminisce. The box set will retail for $29.98 (SRP). The order date has been set for January 3, 2006.

Special features on the DVD set include:

” Scenes from the original unaired pilot -- Elizabeth Ward plays the role of ‘Carol’ to be later replaced by Tracey Gold.

” “Seaver Family Reunion: S’mores and More” – A newly produced documentary, in which the original cast reunites around a campfire to reminisce.

” Gag reel.

Regarding the announcement, Rosemary Markson, WHV Executive Director TV Marketing said, “During its original run on TV, Growing Pains was a heartwarming, family comedy that touched upon many proverbial domestic issues with humor and grace. The show presented the Seavers more like real neighbors than TV characters, which is the quality that helped Growing Pains stand out from the other family shows of the time.” She added, “The Seavers were also representative of families living in the eighties; a time when many homes faced parental role reversals. With many mothers returning to the workforce and more fathers taking up domestic responsibilities, Growing Pains spoke to a vast audience who could relate to a TV family much like their own. Even today, the show remains relevant, which is why we chose to bring this great series to DVD.”

Growing Pains stars teen idol Kirk Cameron (Mike Seaver), Alan Thicke (Jason Seaver), Joanna Kerns (Maggie Seaver), Tracey Gold (Carol Seaver) and Jeremy Miller (Ben Seaver). The show follows the story of the Seavers, a contemporary couple living in Long Island, NY with their three children. Maggie Seaver, the matriarch of the household has recently rejoined the workforce as a journalist leaving her husband Jason, a practicing psychiatrist, to juggle his responsibilities to his patients and his three children by working from home. Mike, the eldest child, is a charming dare-devil and the most trying Seaver child in the bunch. Whether its girls, dirt bikes or The Boss, Mike uses his disarming smile to finagle his way into trouble. Carol, the middle child, is Mike’s complete opposite—a straight “A” student with a good head on her shoulders, while Ben, the youngest child, is a sweet kid who emulates his older brother whenever he gets a chance. By shadowing Mike, Ben slowly learns to be a little con-artist in his own right. Mom and Dad Seaver do their best to keep the kids in line but when the Seaver clan misbehaves, hilarity ensues! Nevertheless, parental love conquers any problem and the family remains closer than ever.

Growing Pains originally aired on ABC from September 1985 to April 1992 and went on to become a very successful and popular family comedy for seven seasons. Prior to its release on DVD, Growing Pains aired in syndication on The Disney Channel and ABC Family.

Advertising

The release of Growing Pains: The Complete First Season will be supported by an extensive national television media campaign including :15 spots to run on family friendly cable networks such as ABC Family and The Disney Channel.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #34
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

GROWING PAINS THE HIT ‘80s FAMILY COMEDY COMES TO DVD FEBRUARY 7, 2006 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO

BURBANK, CA (December 14, 2005) – Homes across America can re-live their favorite Seaver family moments when Warner Home Video (WHV) releases Growing Pains: The Complete First Season on DVD February 7, 2006.

The four-disc DVD set will feature the Emmy and Golden Globe-nominated series’ first 22 landmark episodes, which launched the show into its successful seven-year run. The popular, eighties sitcom’s premiere season will also include scenes from the show’s un-aired pilot episode, a gag reel and a special Seaver family reunion, in which the cast reunite and reminisce. The box set will retail for $29.98 (SRP). The order date has been set for January 3, 2006.

” Scenes from the original unaired pilot -- Elizabeth Ward plays the role of ‘Carol’ to be later replaced by Tracey Gold.

” “Seaver Family Reunion: S’mores and More” – A newly produced documentary, in which the original cast reunites around a campfire to reminisce.

” Gag reel.

Regarding the announcement, Rosemary Markson, WHV Executive Director TV Marketing said, “During its original run on TV, Growing Pains was a heartwarming, family comedy that touched upon many proverbial domestic issues with humor and grace. The show presented the Seavers more like real neighbors than TV characters, which is the quality that helped Growing Pains stand out from the other family shows of the time.” She added, “The Seavers were also representative of families living in the eighties; a time when many homes faced parental role reversals. With many mothers returning to the workforce and more fathers taking up domestic responsibilities, Growing Pains spoke to a vast audience who could relate to a TV family much like their own. Even today, the show remains relevant, which is why we chose to bring this great series to DVD.”

Growing Pains stars teen idol Kirk Cameron (Mike Seaver), Alan Thicke (Jason Seaver), Joanna Kerns (Maggie Seaver), Tracey Gold (Carol Seaver) and Jeremy Miller (Ben Seaver). The show follows the story of the Seavers, a contemporary couple living in Long Island, NY with their three children. Maggie Seaver, the matriarch of the household has recently rejoined the workforce as a journalist leaving her husband Jason, a practicing psychiatrist, to juggle his responsibilities to his patients and his three children by working from home. Mike, the eldest child, is a charming dare-devil and the most trying Seaver child in the bunch. Whether its girls, dirt bikes or The Boss, Mike uses his disarming smile to finagle his way into trouble. Carol, the middle child, is Mike’s complete opposite—a straight “A” student with a good head on her shoulders, while Ben, the youngest child, is a sweet kid who emulates his older brother whenever he gets a chance. By shadowing Mike, Ben slowly learns to be a little con-artist in his own right. Mom and Dad Seaver do their best to keep the kids in line but when the Seaver clan misbehaves, hilarity ensues! Nevertheless, parental love conquers any problem and the family remains closer than ever.

Growing Pains originally aired on ABC from September 1985 to April 1992 and went on to become a very successful and popular family comedy for seven seasons. Prior to its release on DVD, Growing Pains aired in syndication on The Disney Channel and ABC Family.

Advertising

The release of Growing Pains: The Complete First Season will be supported by an extensive national television media campaign including :15 spots to run on family friendly cable networks such as ABC Family and The Disney Channel.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #35
waratahsrock
Occasional Poster

This is just the greatest news EVER!
I'm so stoked that Growing Pains is FINALLY comming to DVD, it's on preorder, now i'm just counting down the days!
waratahsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:16 PM   #36
barb1686
Zack&Kelly Reunited

Does anyone know if they are un-cut versions? ...I already ordered them but I'm just curious, cause that would be awesome! I'm also pleased with the price and the special features!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:39 AM   #37
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Read our review of Growing Pains - The Complete First Season here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/growing...dvdreview.html
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:22 AM   #38
barb1686
Zack&Kelly Reunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Read our review of Growing Pains - The Complete First Season here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/growing...dvdreview.html
All right! Unedited! Too bad it's not top notch quality, but I'll take anything I can get...and afterall, it is a 20 year old show.

DeepDiscountDVD sent me a confirmation email saying they already shipped mine, I was surprised cause it's not due out for another week.
barb1686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:15 PM   #39
treeman
-Treeman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1686
All right! Unedited! Too bad it's not top notch quality, but I'll take anything I can get...and afterall, it is a 20 year old show.

DeepDiscountDVD sent me a confirmation email saying they already shipped mine, I was surprised cause it's not due out for another week.

Really? So did amazon. They must have come in early and because we pre-ordered them they are sending them out for us lucky people! I cannot wait to get my copy!!

-Ben
treeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:13 PM   #40
barb1686
Zack&Kelly Reunited

I got my dvds the other day...they're GREAT!!!
barb1686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #41
InspectorExstead
Forum Veteran

I LOVE my dvds! Can't get enough of them!
But now...I need season two!

http://sosiran.com/
http://tapeshhd.com/index.php
InspectorExstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #42
GrowingPainsFan
Occasional Poster

I just finished watching the Growing Pains DVDS from the first season. Since I lived in the Middle East when the show aired I got to watch a couple of episodes that were never shown there. It was great. I cant believe how fat Jeremy Miller's gotten though..must be all that Chinese food! lol

Jo
Old 05-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #43
JuAn
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal

” Gag reel.

Advertising

This DVD will be avalible for spanish version?
JuAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #44
Mister Show
Frequent Poster

I have the dvds and am happy with it so far through the first two disks.

..but is anyone else annoyed by the blaring theme song every time the menu comes up?
Mister Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:07 AM   #45
UMfan77

I just purchased a Growing Pains DVD from Amazon!! I can't wait to get it, I haven't watched that show in so long.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote