Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Fall Pilot Reviews: Young Sheldon and Me, Myself & I, Both Premiere Tonight (Sep. 25)
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 25, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Roseanne Reboot Casts David and Darlene's Daughter; The CW Developing New Series Based Upon Sabrina Character
Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-04-2005, 06:59 PM   #77
troopoleon8897
Let's Go!!

Send a message via AIM to troopoleon8897

I am actully suprised. I acctully enjoyed Nick@Nite's Funniest Mom in America. It was an all around good presentation. I laughed almost through the whole thing. the only thing i didn't likie was sanda berhart. i hate her.

In each life some rain falls, but you also get some Sun...

My DVDs
Old 06-28-2005, 11:35 PM   #79
Sailormoonfan44
Frequent Poster
Sailor Moon's Fan

Spliffer do you want to get expelled?!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #80
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

"I PITY THE FOOL" WHO DOESN'T WATCH TV LAND...

NETWORK STRIKES DEAL WITH LIONS GATE TELEVISION FOR REALITY PILOT STARRING MR. T

Santa Monica, CA, September 12, 2005 - TV Land today announced a deal with Lions Gate Television to produce a reality TV pilot starring the one and only Mr. T, entitled I Pity The Fool (working title). The pilot is expected to begin production in October and features Mr. T in the unlikely role of social scientist as he dishes out advice in classic "T" style to fans in need.

I Pity The Fool blends the conventions of a makeover show with fish-out-of-water conflict, resulting in a humorous twist on the format. Starring Mr. T in the role of motivational guru, the program focuses on specific concepts associated with personal or professional success, such as teamwork or determination. Those themes will be illustrated by hilarious anecdotes from Mr. T's own life, followed by real world situations in which he becomes the catalyst for change.

"We are very excited to work with Mr. T and Lions Gate on I Pity The Fool," states Sal Maniaci, Vice President of Development and Production, TV Land and Nick at Nite. "By putting Mr. T in an unfamiliar environment, viewers will have the experience of seeing him back up his famous words and attitude with concrete actions. Exposing our viewers to celebrated personalities that they love in formats that are new and unique is exactly the kind of original programming that TV Land is creating."

"We believe Mr. T's larger-than-life personality, disarming style and unique perspective on life will be a breath of fresh air in reality television," said Kevin Beggs, president, programming and production, Lions Gate Television. "TV Land has shared our enthusiasm about this project from the beginning and we're delighted to be in business with the network."

I Pity The Fool is produced by Lions Gate Television in association with Left/Right Films and Remag Guerilla. Stephen Belafonte (Thank You for Smoking, Never Die Alone, Prison Ball), Ken Druckerman (Growing Up Gotti), and Banks Tarver (Growing Up Gotti) are executive producers.

The deal for Mr. T was brokered by The Buchwald Agency.

Lions Gate Television is the television production and distribution arm of Lions Gate Entertainment (NYSE: LGF). With a total of five series currently on the air, the company is continuing its strategy of being an important supplier of content to cable and broadcast networks. Lions Gate Entertainment is the premier independent producer and distributor of motion pictures, television programming, home entertainment, family entertainment and video-on-demand content. Its prestigious and prolific library is a valuable source of stable and recurring revenue and serves as a foundation for the continued growth of the Company's core businesses. The Lions Gate brand name is synonymous with original, daring, quality entertainment in markets around the world.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 10-28-2005, 01:05 AM   #81
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Here is an interesting series in the works for TV Land:

TV Land has ordered six half-hours that take a "Before They Were Stars" approach to a celebrity's first big break in showbiz in "My Big Break."

First episode of "My Big Break" centers on the career kick-offs of Katey Sagal ("8 Simple Rules") and Jim Belushi ("According to Jim"). Sagal had a role on "Mary Tyler Moore" spin-off "Mary" while Belushi made his debut on the short-lived Garry Marshall sitcom "Who's Watching the Kids."

It should debut sometime in 2006 on the Wednesday 10 p.m. hour.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:20 PM   #82
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

IT'S NO JOKE!

NICK AT NITE GREENLIGHTS SECOND SEASON OF HI-JINKS

Coming Off Debut Season's Stellar Ratings, Series Gets Nod for 13 New Episodes

Santa Monica, CA, November 16, 2005 - Nick at Nite has greenlit a second season of the hit hidden-camera series, Hi-Jinks, it was announced today by Sal Maniaci, Senior Vice President, Development and Original Production, TV Land and Nick at Nite. The next thirteen episodes of the series - in which parents play good-natured pranks on kids - will continue to be hosted by Leila Sbitani and will go into production immediately to air in 2006. The second season of Hi-Jinks will be produced by Stone & Company Entertainment.

"We are thrilled that Hi-Jinks was such a huge hit with our audience," states Maniaci. "We knew that both parents and kids would really connect with the show and the ratings prove it."

Hi-Jinks scored impressive ratings in its debut season. In its first six weeks, it averaged a 0.5 among Nick at Nite's target audience of Adults 18-49, up +25% from last year. The series delivered 532,000 A18-49 viewers, lifting +36% over last year, and it averaged over 2.2 million total viewers, up +36% versus year ago. The series has been watched by over 37 million people, including premiere and repeat telecasts.

Each 30-minute episode features several pranks taking place everywhere from homes, malls and even schools across the country. Each week also includes a celebrity prank segment in which famous faces use their talents to play tricks on unsuspecting kids. Academy Award Winner Susan Sarandon, NBA All-Star Chris Webber, actress/model Vivica Fox and The View's Meredith Vieira were among the celebrities who conspired with parents to prank kids.
The new episodes of Hi-Jinks will be executive produced by Scott A. Stone (The Mole, Oblivious, The Joe Schmo Show, The Man Show, Fame) and Brad Kuhlman (Master Blasters, One Bad Trip, FM Nation). The series was created by Nick at Nite's Joe Boyd. Kim Rosenblum, Senior Vice President, TV Land and Nick at Nite, and Joe Boyd also executive produce. Ralph Sanchez will be the Executive In Charge for the network.
Nick at Nite Originals was created in 2003 to develop original programming that meets what the network refers to as the "Four F's" criteria: programming that is Family-Friendly, Funny and Familiar. Nick at Nite Originals produced Fatherhood (June 2004), a show based on Bill Cosby's best-selling book of the same name, which has been one of the highest rated shows on the network. The series is currently in its second season. In May 2005, the network aired Nick at Nite's Search for the Funniest Mom in America with a second season to return in Spring 2006.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:53 PM   #83
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Thank you, Pav. As usual, you bring the goods to the table!
Old 11-16-2005, 11:56 PM   #84
fullhouse13
Frequent Poster
Sitcom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopoleon8897
I am actully suprised. I acctully enjoyed Nick@Nite's Funniest Mom in America. It was an all around good presentation. I laughed almost through the whole thing. the only thing i didn't likie was sanda berhart. i hate her.
in 2006 they'll have the funniest mom in america 2
Old 12-19-2005, 08:15 PM   #85
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

For the first time in its history, TV Land is opening its doors to original scripted programming.

Projects in the works include a revival of "Mr. Magoo" and "Us and Them," a laffer from John Markus ("The Larry Sanders Show") and Bill Persky ("Who's the Boss") previously set up at NBC.

Also in development are several reality pilots -- one starring a Dr. Phil-style show starring Mr. T and another about pop culture's biggest jump-the-shark moments -- as well as several specials.

Lineup reveals an expanded focus for TV Land to all things pop culture. Unlike sister web VH1, however, TV Land targets the older end of the 25-54 demo, and execs insist cabler's brand of nostalgia will remain "reverential." Classic TV still will be at the heart of originals, but certain skeins and specs like "Jump the Shark" will embrace subjects outside the (set-top) box.

Robust slate also marks a significant increase in investment from parent company MTV Networks. TV Land dove into originals last year, boosting ratings in most categories. Cabler last month scored an average 1.1 million overall viewers in primetime -- up 36% from the year prior and good for 12th place among all of basic cable.

Sister net Nick at Nite, which also entered the originals arena in late 2003, is doubling its efforts in family-friendly fare. Nighttime network has greenlit an expanded version of the spec "Search for the Funniest Mom in America" to a five-part weekly series set to begin April 11.

Cabler is also at work on a second season of hidden-camera skeinskein "Hi-Jinks," set for February, and is developing a pilot from 2005's "Funniest Mom" winner Darlene Westgor and "Seinfeld" scribe Carol Leifer about Westgor's life as a single mom living and working in Minnesota.

"Both TV Land and Nick at Nite have gained momentum through originals like 'Chasing Farrah' and 'Hi-Jinks,' " said senior VP of programming Sal Maniaci. "This ambitious slate is designed to help move the needle and further cement our commitment to original programming. Our goal is to provide both networks' viewers with originals that they can enjoy alongside the proven classic TV hits."

Scripts in development at TV Land include the following:

--"Mr. Magoo," an update of the cartoon featuring the bumbling undercover spy who thinks he's a goodwill ambassador

--"Harry Cobb," a mockumentary about a filmmaker's journey to real places across America, from Jay Tarses ("Buffalo Bill")

--"Us and Them," a half-hour about a trio of sitcom has-beens who live with an eager up-and-comer, from Markus and Persky.

Also in the works:

--"I Pity the Fool," an unscripted advice show toplining Mr. T and his unique brand of self-help

--"TV Land's Classic Home Movies," a clip show comprised of home movies from classic TV stars

--"Back to the Grind," a series in which TV stars attempt to work the jobs their characters held in their respective shows.

--"You Wish," a wish-fulfillment skein offering average folks the chance to realize pop culture dreams (e.g., having a living room that looks like the Brady Bunch's)

--"Jump the Shark," a panel show based on the Web site of the same name discussing the moments in TV, music and movies when things went wrong.

Already on sked for 2006 are six new installments of "Living in TV Land," which will kick off after the fourth edition of "The TV Land Awards" March 22. First episode follows William Shatner. Other celebs profiled include Barry Williams, Adam West, Davey Jones, Sherman Hemsley and Fred Willard.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:23 PM   #86
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

the Mr Magoo series sounds different. TV Land Classic Home Movies sounds real nice. I know I will watch that one. And I love the Jump The Shark book better than the site so I might like the show.

Do you know if the Mr Magoo series will be live action or animated?

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM

Last edited by gilligan fanatic : 12-19-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #87
stephlovahhh
Banned!!
Banned

Default Can't wait!!!

Nip it in the bud.

check out the upcoming TVLand Awards

http://www.tvland.com/awards2006/preview/
Old 03-12-2006, 02:48 AM   #88
Chelsea
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephlovahhh
Nip it in the bud.

check out the upcoming TVLand Awards

http://www.tvland.com/awards2006/preview/

If you insist.

OWNED.

I don't know if the person spamming the boards with TV Land Awards posts is an official/officially designated representative of the promotion arms FOR The awards or not, but regardless: STOP IT. NOW.
Former Seth, 1986-2015
For questions, comments, troubleshooting, or forum help, please PM TJ.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:25 PM   #89
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

NICK AT NITE TO PRODUCE ORIGINAL SITCOM BASED ON NETWORK'S FIRST FUNNIEST MOM IN AMERICA WINNER

CELEBRATED COMEDIAN AND WRITER CAROL LEIFER TO SCRIBE AND
EXECUTIVE PRODUCE

April 19, 2006, Santa Monica, CA - Nick at Nite has secured celebrity comic and writer Carol Leifer (Seinfeld, The Larry Sanders Show) to pen and executive produce the sitcom pilot for Darlene Westgor, who won the chance to develop her own show with the network when she was named Nick at Nite's Funniest Mom in America in 2005. The pilot, tentatively titled Darlene, is based on Westgor's real life as a single, divorced mom living and working in Minnesota. The pilot is expected to go into pre-production immediately with plans to shoot in Los Angeles in May. Gil Junger (Ellen, Hope & Faith, 8 Simple Rules...) will direct. Sal Maniaci also executive produces on the project and TV Land's Marco Bresaz is executive in charge of production.

Set in the Minneapolis suburbs, Darlene focuses on the ins and outs of Westgor's life as a single parent raising two teenagers while managing her job at an Urgent Care Center. Darlene responds to these everyday situations with the wit and sarcasm that made her the hands-down winner of the first Funniest Mom in America contest.

"We are thrilled to have Carol, Gil and Darlene working together to bring this show to life," states Sal Maniaci, Senior Vice President of Development and Original Production for TV Land and Nick at Nite. "Carol's extremely funny and has a keen ear for Darlene's voice. Gil is the perfect guy to nurture talent and help build a show around this premise. The caliber of talent on this show is phenomenal. We definitely hit the trifecta."

"The minute I saw Darlene perform I knew she had a hysterical and unique take on being a single, working Mom today" said Carol Leifer. "She reminds me of Roseanne when she first started out - a completely relatable act to millions of women out there."

Carol Leifer is an Emmy-nominated writer/producer (Seinfeld, The Larry Sanders Show, Saturday Night Live) who has also written and produced five of her own stand-up comedy specials, the most recent being for Comedy Central. She continues to tour around the country as one of the opening acts for Jerry Seinfeld. She will be appearing as a guest star on Will & Grace on May 4th.

Having worked on over 600 episodes of television, Gil Junger is a veteran producer and director. Directing credits include Hope and Faith, 8 Simple Rules, According to Jim, Dharma and Greg and Blossom. Additionally, Junger was nominated for an Emmy and Director's Guild Award for directing the episode of Ellen in which the lead character, played by Ellen DeGeneres, reveals that she is a lesbian. Gil has also directed feature films including 10 Things I Hate About You.

Darlene Westgor was selected to be a part of Nick at Nite's first Search for the Funniest Mom in America contest and in May 2005, performed before an audience and a panel of celebrity judges - one of whom was Carol Leifer. The judges decided that Westgor was "The Funniest Mom in America." As the winner of the competition, Darlene received a development deal with the network as the top prize. Darlene is the mother of two boys and now has started a career in stand-up comedy.

Back for a second season, Nick at Nite's Search for the Funniest Mom in America 2 kicked off on the network on April 4. Darlene Westgor, last year's winner, makes a cameo appearance in the show when she attends a party with the moms and ends up being a voice of encouragement and inspiration. Hosted by actress Katey Sagal, this five-part reality series will culminate with an hour-long finale on Tuesday, May 9 from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT) in which judges Mario Cantone (Broadway's Laugh Whore, Sex and the City), Alfonso Ribeiro (Fresh Prince of Bel Air, All of Us) and Carol Leifer select the winner for 2006.