View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board
|Register||FAQ||Members List||Photo Galleries||View Today's Active Threads||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines
Young & Hungry Returns for Final Season; FX Renews Baskets
03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
03/06 - Atlanta - The Complete First Season
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|09-27-2005, 04:04 PM||#1|
SO News/Reviews Director
Nick@Nite and TV Land 3rd Qtr. 2005 Ratings
CLASSIC TV SOARS IN THIRD QUARTER 2005
TV Land Scores Most-Watched Quarter Ever in Prime Time
Network #1 with African Americans during Good Times Launch Marathon
Santa Monica, CA, September 27, 2005 - TV Land scored its most-watched quarter ever in prime time among total viewers for third quarter 2005, according to findings from Nielsen Media Research (6/27-9/25/05). Bolstered by the success of new acquisitions Good Times and Little House on the Prairie, TV Land finished the quarter with double digit delivery gains among its core demo of Adults 25-54 and total viewers.
For 3rd Quarter:
* It was TV Land's most-watched quarter ever in prime time - with an average audience of over 1 million total viewers - a +34% gain over prior year.
* Among Adults 25-54, in prime time, the network averaged a 0.5/442,000, up +25% in rating and +29% in delivery among its target demo over last year.
* In total programming day, TV Land posted a +24% gain in its target demo, A25-54 viewers versus 2004 and earned a 0.3/302,000.
* Among African Americans, Good Times' launch marathon (7/23-7/24/05) scored a whopping 4.8 rating among A25-54, up +700% vs. the network's 2Q05 average of 0.6. In fact, African Americans A25-54 made up a huge 63% of the overall A25-54 Good Times audience compared to 25% for 2Q05 TVL channel average. The launch marathon delivered over 1 million African American total viewers, lifting +768% over TVL's 2Q05 channel average of 116,000. During the Good Times launch weekend, TV Land was the #1 network among African-Americans in all of cable.
Highlights from the network's broad mix of both acquired and original programming which helped fuel the network's success in 3rd Quarter include:
* Overall, the marathon launch led TV Land to its most-watched week ever among total viewers, averaging 826,000, up +63% over last year.
* TV Land Confidential, the network's new original series which premiered on 9/14 averaged a 0.3/309,000, up +50% in rating and +78% in delivery versus last year. The network drew +42% more total viewers than 2004, averaging 696,000 total viewers.
* Little House on the Prairie, (8 p.m. daily) which launched in September is averaging a 0.4/402,000, up +33% in rating and 41% in delivery over last year among A25-54 and drew 935,000 total viewers, up +52% over 2004.
NICK AT NITE SCORES MOST-WATCHED QUARTER EVER
Network #1 Basic Cable Net Among Target Demo Adults 18-49
#1 Among W18-49 and W18-34
#3 Among A18-49 with Household Income 75K+
Santa Monica, CA, September 27, 2005 - For third quarter 2005 ((6/27-9/25/05), Nick at Nite scored its most-watched quarter ever in its 20-year history. Driven by the success of its hit original hidden camera series, Hi-Jinks, as well as the continued success of modern hit sitcoms The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Roseanne, the network finished the quarter as the #1 basic cable network among its target audience of Adults 18-49, #1 among Women 18-49, and #1 among W18-34. Nick at Nite was also the #2 basic cable net among total viewers.
According to Nielsen Media Research, Nick at Nite drew an average 1.6 million total viewers, representing a +18% increase over prior-year levels and making it the most watched quarter ever among total viewers. Among its core A18-49 audience, the network averaged a 0.6/661,000 during total programming day, a +4% delivery increase over 3rd Quarter 2004 and was the #1 basic cable net in that demo.
Among Women 18-49, the network averaged a 0.8/450,000, up +5% in delivery over prior year levels. Nick at Nite earned a 0.9/238,000 among W18-34, up +3% versus 2004.
Hi-Jinks, the network's hit hidden camera show, scored impressive ratings in its debut season. In its first six weeks, it averaged a 0.5 among Adults 18-49, up +25% from last year. The series delivered an average of 532,000 A18-49 viewers, lifting the network +36% over last year, and an average of over 2.2 million total viewers, besting 2004 by +36% versus year ago.
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air (10 p.m.) boasted double digit gains in rating, delivery and total viewers, averaging a 0.6/675,000, up +20% in rating and a rise of +30% in delivery over last year. Among total viewers, the program delivered nearly 2.1 million total viewers, up +40%. Roseanne (11 p.m.) earned a 0.7/756,000, averaging nearly 1.6 million total viewers.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|