View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #20
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Unhappy

Brad, I moved this as it's much more than a music story. I am in total shock. What a heartbreak this news is. The first time I ever heard Whitney sing on tv, it was, "Saving All My Love (for you". My husband and I said, almost at the same time, that this singer was going to be a superstar.

She was gorgeous. Her beauty was surpassed only by her enormous talent. It was sad to witness her downfall. Having lost two sisters to substance abuse, these stories hit home hard for me. My first sister passed away the day after Superbowl Sunday in 1991, when Whitney sang the National Anthem. Whenever I see footage of Whitney singing it with her white headband, it brings it all back.

I feel so bad for her young daughter, Bobbi Kristina. She's only 19. It's never a good time to lose our mothers, but entering adulthood with serious relationships, then marriage and babies on the horizon; just seems like an especially cruel time. Prayers for Whitney's soul and for her loved ones. She had the voice of an angel.