View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #92
justins5256

Wiseguy - My original comments were regarding the subject of retirement posts in general - not yours specifically. While you keep raising issues about things in your specific retirement post, I will not criticize it and I don't feel as though I have done so. The purpose of my post was not to criticize anyone in particular and I hope I made that clear. That being said though, I am finding it difficult to express my thoughts on the subject without touching on issues that you brought up in your retirement post, and I feel like I am treading on thin ice here. I guess what I want to say is that while I understand the need for someone to say a "farewell" to the online community to abate rumors, and "where did they go" type questions I also think that such posts can often come across as self serving, and in some cases, insulting to other board members if not handled very carefully. A "goodbye, its been swell" type comment leaves less room for interpretation than does paragraph after paragraph outlining problems the poster is having with the board, disagreements with other posters, etc. Again, this is my opinion of how such "retirement" posts often come across through my eyes, but I won't hesitate to say that I think that a lot of readers have similar feelings on this issue, hence the response you received.

As for the AWSI business, I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up, unless it really bothers you and I'm going to assume it does. If it does bother you, can I ask why? Okay, he dissed us, and he's gone on to post on other boards, so what? As I said to kadrmas, this is a message board, don't take things to heart. As you said (and I'm paraphrasing) it's not like we know each other in real life or are "friends" here. I don't give AWSI, or anyone else here for that matter, a second thought once the computer turns off. Kadrmas's comment about this seeming like a job kind of concerned me. If posting here is so stressful, then maybe it' is worth taking some time off to relax and put things back into perspective.

And, to answer your questions, I have known people to "retire" and come back on other boards I read. If anything, it makes the whole retirement issue even more comical, and reinforces my belief that these posts tend to be, with some small exceptions, BS.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote