Old 08-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #7
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Music Joan Jett's New Album 'Unvarnished' Set for 10/1/13

Joan Jett Announces First Album in Seven Years
8/1/2013
by Jeremy Bergman

Joan Jett still "loves rock 'n' roll" and is finally returning to music. The rocker announced Thursday that she will release her first album, 'Unvarnished', in more than seven years on October 1.

Jett, who is best known for her work with Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and their hit single 'I Love Rock 'n' Roll', will team up with her band again to release the album on the Blackheart Records label.

The singer and guitarist said in a press release, "It's a real band album. Everybody was involved." Notable rockers Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters and Laura Jane Grace from Against Me! will join her on the album.

Jett further explained that the album is the "most autobiographical project" she has ever undertaken.

'Unvarnished' will feature songs concerning the death of both of Jett's parents and her celebration of the determination Hurricane Sandy victims among other modern topics.

Jett will be debuting the first single off of the album, 'Any Weather,' on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on August 8. The track can be pre-ordered on iTunes two days prior.

The standard version of 'Unvarnished' features ten tracks, while a deluxe edition will offer four bonus songs. Check out the track lists below.

'Unvarnished' (Standard Version):

01. Any Weather (606 Version)
02. TMI
03. Soulmates To Strangers
04. Make It Back
05. Hard To Grow Up
06. Fragile
07. Reality Mentality
08. Bad As We Can Be
09. Different
10. Everybody Needs A Hero

'Unvarnished' (Deluxe Version):