Thread: Flip or Flop?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 06:27 PM   #10
Sal

Default No doubt about it, this show's a hit!

I watched "Hope and Faith" last night and I liked it so much that I am willing to go out on a limb and say that this is definitely THE best new sitcom of the season. Of course, I said the same thing about "8 Simple Rules" last year---and I was right!!! To me, this show seems to be a combination of "8 Simple Rules" and "Laverne and Shirley", which can only be good! The one objection I have is that I wish that Kelly Ripa's character would be a little less on the dense side in future episodes. Some of her lines made Kelly Bundy seem like a genius by comparison. And, like many others, I enjoyed the food fight scene. It brought a much-needed touch of slapstick and physical humour which is sadly missing from most of today's sitcoms, who tend to over-emphasize verbal humor in going for more cheap laughs. Happily, I have read in "Entertainment Weekly" that "Hope and Faith" will continue to provide more physical stunts, depending on the situation that the two female leads find themselves in. In short, this looks like a winner to me without any doubt at all.

Ted McGinley can finally relax---and break out the "Shark" repellent to celebrate his good fortune!