View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 03:16 AM   #45
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMont Demo
This topic intrigued me...so many shows that might have, but never were. Here are a few that came to mind.

On ‘The Twilight Zone’, the “Mr. Bevis” episode was intended as a pilot for a spinoff series, but when the targeted casting (Mr. Burgess Meredith) failed to fall into place, it was just filmed as a regular episode. Then the concept of this ‘pilot’ was extended into the “Cavender is Coming” episode (guest starring Miss Carol Burnett), which may have been a second try to craft a spinoff as a straight out comedy featuring a funny angel...if this had been picked up, we might not have had 'The Carol Burnett Show' instead
Do you have any proof that Burgess Meredith was originally targeted for the the "Mr. Bevis" role? This is the first I've heard about it. "Cavender is Coming" wouldn't have had any affect on The Carol Burnett Show because it was supposed to be a spinoff for Jesse White who as apprentice angel Harmon Cavender would visit Earth each week to try and help some deserving citizen. Carol Burnett's Agnes Grep character was only intended for that one episode.
Zoneboy is online now   Reply With Quote