View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #227
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"How I Met Your Mother" has had a few attempts at launching a spin-off (companion series) that never happened.

Around Oct. 2013, when HIMYM was ending, it was announced that creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas were looking into expanding the franchise with a "female take" on it.

The pilot for "How I Met Your Dad", starring indie film star Greta Gerwig and narrated by Meg Ryan, wasn't picked up by CBS.

Then in December 2016, they tried again with "This Is Us" writers Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger on "How I Met Your Father". It was to also be from a female's point-of-view and HIMYM creators Bays and Thomas were EPs.

Aptaker and Berger then became co-showrunners on "This Is Us" after it took off and had to put "How I Met Your Father" on hold in March 2017.

Fox chairman Dana Walden then said in August 2017 that they were looking into it again with new writers and that no ideas or concepts from the previous attempts would be carried over.

ďItís one thatís been slowly cooked. If itís the right idea the right execution, weíll take that.Ē
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote