View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 05:59 PM   #16
Forum Veteran
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious

Originally Posted by robyrob
ooh - I wanted to add Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken - never going back there because:

we went through their drive-thru one Sunday afternoon - just a regular summer day, nothing special, mind you - and the line seemed to be not moving at all and when we eventually got up to the speaker I started ordering what was supposed to be enough for a meal for my sister-in-law's family and us. So I start ordering and the kids says "Nah we don't got that." I pick something else "Nah, we don't got that" - this goes on for at least three or four minutes before I ask - "well, what DO you have?" - "Oh, we is all out of chicken, but we got fries and biscuits."

so I drove off and have never been back for their mediocre chicken again. Incidentally, when we left the line was about 8 or 9 cars long - I do not understand why they did not just close if they were out of chicken. That particular restaurant has shut down completely since then.
You probably had a lot worse location than most. The Lees I have been to in Fort Wayne aren't that bad. And I like their chicken and that you can get it boneless, it is better than KFC's.
My Top 100 TV Shows
My Top 100 Movies
My Top 100 TV Theme Songs
FRASIER: As usual Frasier has to save the day.
MARTIN: As usual Martin has to hear about it.
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.