View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 07:42 PM   #43
LittleRickyII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair
Since you won't say it: she agreed to go on The Howard Stern Show and be in a Queen for a Day skit in which she competed with two other child stars for which one had had the worst life as an adult. The only less reliable accusation would be if she were literally being tortured when she uttered it.

Good grief, how much more can I spell this out? YES, I SAID IT. Sheesh. Here's my comment for the THIRD time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
Yes, she and others chose to go on his show. Erin even chose to make that horrible revelation about rape on his show. I can only assume mental illness played a role in her decision. None of us can understand the mental impact of growing up a celebrity, then having that yanked away from you. And the abuse she apparently experienced WHILE at the height of her fame. Rape by a family member, OMG! In her world she needed her family more than anything to navigate her fame, and at least this one member of her family failed her.

As for her choosing to do Stern's show, she may have been at a point where there was no one she could trust anyway, and also needing some kind of public exposure (no matter how negative) in hopes of jump-starting her career. And Stern exploited her weakness and desperation, just as he did with Dana Plato. Dana Plato also went on the Stern show and was abused horribly by people calling in, which some people believe may have been set up by Stern's staff. Even if they were not plants, Stern's people did nothing to filter out those callers and Dana ended up in tears and the very next day she was dead. (That tragic show is also on Youtube.) Perhaps Howard Stern has some remorse over these decisions, but if so I've never heard about it.

And again, MY POSITION as to her credibility:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII
And before someone jumps on me, no, I did not see her raped. But I saw real tears in her eyes and real pain on her face when she revealed that. That was no act. I believe her.

I'm usually very skeptical of claims from people who have been known to have issues. In her case, I believe her. I explained why I believe her. I explained (for the third time now) why I believe her, even though she was made this revelation on Howard Stern's show (who else was calling her to talk)? If you don't believe her, fine, you don't have to believe her. I believe her. And I believe Lauren Chapin, too. Do you doubt her as well?
Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9:00 PM/8:00 PM Central on CBS