View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #33
um
Forum Regular

She was only a few weeks younger than I.
I actually was not a big fan of Happy Days when I was a teenager. It seemed that most other kids and teens back then, were. Somehow I could not identify, so-to-speak, with the characters who were from the 1950s.
One guy in the high school class I attended kept imitating Fonzie and giving the thumbs up and saying "Heyyyy." I thought it was silly.

But, I was more familiar with Erin Moran from TV shows she appeared in when she was a pre-teen and I think I confused her with Lisa Gerritsen at times. I eventually came to realize that they are different actors, even though it seemed they could be related. (Gerritsen was actually 3 years older). Also, since I was young ( as was Erin Moran) when I saw her on TV, I think there was a time I wondered if Moran played the little girl in the movie "Hand In Hand" which is a movie most younger people today, probably don't know about. Of course, I thought Erin Moran was a good actor and I enjoyed her roles in the TV shows she appeared in. She had the appearance of a freckled faced little girl and it was instrumental to the genuineness that came across when she played a part.

It is sad that her last days were filled with torment to the point where a lot of other child stars tried to reach out to her as a "Child-actor's club" so-to-speak, so as to communicate to her as only people who have been through what she went through, can.

And yes, before her was Dana Plato, who died at a much younger age, and before Dana Plato, was Anissa Jones, who died at age 18.

However Erin brought many of us happiness through her acting.

RIP
um is offline   Reply With Quote