View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #116
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
Bottom of the Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Wow, that's just wonderful, Michael! I know you've worked very hard towards your goal, and you reached it, probably with a 4.0 GPA. I know you were getting fantastic grades. Will you participate in the graduation ceremony next year or will they have a separate one now? Also, I remember you said you were working. Will you stay there or is it time to pound the pavement? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just so happy for you.

Congratulations!!

Thanks, Janice! It means a lot. Lol, not quite a 4.0, but my final grad GPA should be near 3.6. Sunday actually was the ceremony. They have a ceremony in December for Fall graduates and another in May for Winter/Spring graduates. I didn't go to my undergrad ceremony so it was nice to go to the Master's one. I'm actually not working right now, but I will start looking for a job soon. It will have to be a job that will give me qualifying CPA experience. You need one year of qualifying experience, 150 credit hours of education (which I have), and the passing of all four sections of the CPA exam to become licensed in Michigan. I plan to sit for the first section in February, so next month will be spent doing a ton of studying. I interviewed with one of the Big Four accounting firms this Fall. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job, but it was an honor being selected to interview with them. Thanks, again!