View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #15
thebabymysweet
Frequent Poster

MORE OF SCOTT BAIO'S GLOWING REVIEWS FOR "THE BREAD, MY SWEET"
(A.K.A. "A WEDDING FOR BELLA")

"In the lead role, Scott Baio is a revelation.
The veteran star of 'Happy Days' and 'Charles-In-Charge'
has grown into a fine actor, anchoring 'The Bread, My Sweet'
with a terrific performance."
(Ed Johnson-Ott, NUVO.NET)

"Scott Baio, still best known for his fresh-faced adolescent stint on 'Happy Days',
gives an impressively soulful, genuinely romantic and, for lack of a better word,
masculine performance - one that should persuade the industry to take another look at him."
(James Verniere, THE BOSTON HERALD)

"All the acting is good, especially Scott Baio
who looks and plays to perfection
the role of a type-A businessman with a secret heart."
(CHICAGO METROMIX)

"Realistic dialogue and convincing performances especially by
Rosemary Prinz and Scott Baio, give 'The Bread, My Sweet' its very soul.
The film is at its most powerful in tight quarters when for example
Baio's Dominic asks Massimo for Lucca's hand in marriage.
Baio looks away, nervous but almost expressionless, during the conversation
which is stripped of any affectation or Hollywood dressing up."
(Jonathan Curiel, THE SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE)

"Scott Baio, best known as Chachi from TV's 'Happy Days', is wonderful as Dominic,
the bakery owner who's stretched dangerously thin with a corporate day job.
Overall, 'The Bread, My Sweet' rises to the occasion and warms the heart while whetting the appetite.
Moreover, it reminds us that Baio, who was terrific in 'Bugsy Malone' and 'Foxes'
before being helplessly typecast by 'Happy Days', truly belongs on the big screen.
In his scenes with romantic love interest Kristin Minter and especially Rosemary Prinz's immigrant mother,
he exhibits a rugged charm that so far has eluded the likes of Tom Cruise and Ben Affleck."
(Glenn Lovell, THE SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS)

"The real surprise here, of course, is Scott Baio.
Forget (if you can) his sitcom past and enjoy a deep rich performance here.
Baio perfectly captures the anguish and anxieties of a man being pulled in multiple directions and by different expectations.
Whether living the role of a Fortune 500 executive or speaking with serene understanding among his problematic brothers,
Baio invests the role with an emotional versatility that has never been seen in any of his previous performances.
In small moments when his parallel worlds overlap, such as the boardroom meeting where
he places a handful of macadamia nuts on a table and comments on their effectiveness in baking,
Scott Baio comes alive with a subtle depth that clearly states what a truly fine actor he is."
(Phil Hall, FILM THREAT)