View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
I knew about all of those things, but i am pretty sure I've seen that special before

it was after the Fonzie character exploded in popularity that they started to think about changing the name of the show

Ron Howard AND Henry Winkler threatened to quit if they changed the name

Ron Howard had plenty of success before Happy Days and by the point that Henry was a superstar, Ron was looking towards a directing career

The Local ABC station in Dallas took the show off the air after the first commercial because in the first ep Fonzie Shows Richie how to take a girl's bra off - which was ridiculously stupid because it was hooked onto the radiator in the boys bathroom - egads! they showed a naked radiator TOPLESS! on national television!

the bit about Scott Baio's ego I knew about, and is what makes what happened with Joanie Loves Chachi even more ironic

Erin Moran accused a Happy Days Cast Member of Sexual Harassment when she was 14 - I have heard about this from many different sources, but I have never heard any more details about it - who it was, what really happened, I have heard that it wasn't true, but who knows? You would think that if it were really true she would NEVER agree to participate in any of the reunions...
you probably have seen it before; as it was first shown on A & E back in 2001 (on a sunday night) before they "jumped the shark".

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."