View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Exclamation Todd Bridges Puts Aside Acting for a Career in Pro Wrestling

Mickey Rourke isn't the only actor to kickstart his comeback by leaping from the top rope of a wrestling ring.

Todd Bridges, who played Willis on "Diff'rent Strokes" and later - through a series of drug arrests and courtroom appearances - became the icon for child actors turned human train wrecks, makes his pro wrestling debut in San Francisco today at the DNA Lounge, in a match produced by Fog City Wrestling.

Bridges, 43, has been working steadily in reality television ("The Surreal Life," "Skating With Celebrities" and "Celebrity Boxing," wherein he memorably defeated Vanilla Ice) and now hosts the cable hit "The Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest Criminals." The San Francisco native lives in Southern California with his wife and two children, and recently sold his memoir to Simon Schuster, to be published next year.

In October, Bridges appeared as a contestant on the reality show "Hulk Hogan's Celebrity ChampionshipWrestling," and made it to the final round, placing second to an equally infamous opponent.

"Yeah, they gave it to Dennis Rodman," Bridges said. "What a surprise."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DDMT1653KN.DTL

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet