Thread: The JOKE Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 08:45 PM   #86
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

A Mexican exchange student named Juan begins his first day in an American high school. His history teacher asks the students to attribute quotes to famous Americans.

The teacher asks her first question. "Who said, 'Give me liberty, or give me death?'"

No one answers. Then Juan raises his hand, and the teacher calls on him. "Patrick Henry, 1775," he says.

"Very good!" the teacher says. Now, who said, 'Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth?'"

No one answers. Then Juan raises his hand, and the teacher calls on him. "Abraham Lincoln, 1863."

"Correct again, Juan!" the teacher says. Now, can anyone tell me who said, 'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself?'"

No one answers. Then Juan raises his hand, and the teacher calls on him again. "Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1933."

"Thank you, Juan," says the teacher. Then she addresses the rest of the class. "Come now, there must be one among who knows as much American history as our exchange student from Mexico."

"Damn Mexicans," a student mutters.

The teacher aets angry. "Who said that?" she demands. "Who said that?"

Juan stands up and says, "Lou Dobbs, 2006."