I Found My Thrills

Send a message via ICQ to Scott Prosser Send a message via AIM to Scott Prosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Winkler Grateful for Role As 'The Fonz'

(AP) In this 2004 photo released by ABC, actor Henry Winkler,
left, gestures as he speaks with Ron...
Full Image

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Henry Winkler says his days as "The Fonz" really were "Happy Days." Winkler played the supercool, leather-jacketed Arthur "The Fonz" Fonzarelli on the sitcom, which aired from 1974 to 1984.

"The creating of 'The Fonz' came slowly," Winkler told AP Radio in an interview. "Whoa! came from my favorite sport at the time, which was horseback riding. Whoa."

The show starred Winkler and Ron Howard as Richie Cunningham, and followed the life of the Cunningham family during the 1950s. It was created by Gary Marshall.

Winkler, 59, said he has great memories of the comedy show. The cast recently reunited for a 30th-anniversary special on ABC. "I'm unbelievably grateful that I was able to play that character and go where that character took me," he said. "I traveled all over the world because of 'The Fonz.'"
I am sure those were really your "Happy Days". That is because even today I still love watching "Happy Days" on television or on a VCR tape with witch I recorded a few epeisodes to. I remember them showing the Henry Winkler interview witch lasted either an hour or half of an hour and I recorded it as well. I was happy to see Henry Winlker get hired to a new CBS sitcom a week or two ago. "Happy Days" has been my favorite television show for a long time now. A few other shows I like are "MacGyver" and "The Waterboy".