PDA

View Full Version : Laurie Metcalf/ Jackie Pregnancy

jayr481
12-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Laurie was really pregnant when Jackie became pregnant. However, Laurie had gotten bigger before Jackie even had a one night stand with fred. They had tried to cover her up by having her where a jacket a lot. They waited a handful of episodes the season she was pregnant (where Sarah Chalke took over as Becky) to make Jackie pregnant.

Jackie got big very quickly. So Laurie must have been sometime the season before (possibly around the time there father died on the show). I think they could have handled made Jackie pregnant earlier in the show ( the character had a very quick pregnancy, much quicker than Roseanne). Perhaps right after Fisher beat her, and she left him she could have found out she was pregnant. Blue collor family handling real issues with a sense of humor.

But perhaps they wanted to deal with the Darlene character moving away since sarah gilbert wanted to go to college and became a frequently re-occuring character to explain why Gilbert wasn't in every episode. What are your thoughts.

bubblegum
12-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Didn't Laurie Metcalf have twins? So that is probably why she got big so fast. I liked how Roseanne is always annoying Jackie about her stomach when she is pregnant.

I think the writers did a good job because before Sara became a reaccuring character they needed to have a couple of episodes only about Darlene.

Dean Winchester
12-23-2003, 03:24 PM
I think it was said in here earlier... but the real life father of Laurie's kids is her husband.... better known to Roseanne fans as FISHER. Just imagine had Roseanne gone down that route where she was carrying Fisher's baby? lol

HuntingtonM15
12-23-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by bubblegum
Didn't Laurie Metcalf have twins?

I don't think she did, but I could be mistaken.

bubblegum
12-23-2003, 04:57 PM
Laurie was pregnant with her son Will Theron Metcalf who was born Nov 20, 93

Brent88
12-23-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by bubblegum
Laurie was pregnant with her son Will Theron Metcalf who was born Nov 20, 03

That should be 1993.

Southern Hellraiser
03-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Laurie Metcalf's kids have different daddys she was still w/ matt roth(fisher) in season 6.Her other daughter's (Zoe Perry) father name is Jeff Perry.And she didnt have twins. You can notice her pregnancy in '' Tooth or Consequences.''''season 5. :baby:

flagler
03-20-2005, 08:45 PM
If Laurie had the baby in Nov 1993, they must have taped most of the season before the end of 1993 since Jackie didn't have the baby until Mar 1994.

I guess they also didn't write the pregnancy into the show because she wouldn't have gotten pregnant until around Mar (they were probably taping the last few episodes of the season by then) since most woman prefer to wait three months until the pregnancy is safe to tell anyone, they probably didn't have a chance to write it into the show until season 6.

They also imply a lot in the opening episodes of season 6 that it is still summer 1993, then when Jackie announces she is pregnant it skips to Halloween so it makes sense for her to have a bigger tummy.

However it is ironic that Jackie's pregnancy only lasted 6 months and she was three days over due in the show, while Darlene's pregnancy lasted a year and her baby was premature.

Southern Hellraiser
03-20-2005, 10:09 PM
That was a great theory.I believe it.

zypherix
03-21-2005, 03:20 AM
However it is ironic that Jackie's pregnancy only lasted 6 months and she was three days over due in the show, while Darlene's pregnancy lasted a year and her baby was premature.

What about Crystal's second pregnancy?
Announced in "Bingo", she gave birth in "Deliverance", which aired two months later. Roseanne's pregnancy lasted like 13 months too :D
They sure know how to make em realistic ;)