PDA

View Full Version : What are Lucille Ball's favorite things?

x1LucyFanx
10-05-2003, 10:47 PM
What was Lucy's favorite food...or favorite song....or show? (Besides I Love Lucy), what was her favorite dress? Does anybody know any of these things? Or where can I find these things...
;)

Mickey
10-06-2003, 05:10 AM
Working and Bob Hope and even more working
Owning a studio and hearing people laughing
A certain Cuban husband who had lots of flings...
These were a few of her favourite things...

;)

SPLAIN
10-06-2003, 11:15 AM
What a cool way to start the day, very good Mickey! Lilacs were her favorite flowers, although she had a fondness for the red and white carnations Desi sent her on every anniversary, yes, even after they were divorced. She loved Burton and Burnett, loved multitalented singer dancers especially. She had simple tastes in food, she called herself a meat and potatos kind of gal, BUT, although she liked franks and beans, she also loved Beluga caviar. She always loved seing the hottest people, talent wise, whoever was the new rage. She worshipped talent like Sinatra and Dino and Garland and the Merm!

Mickey
10-06-2003, 03:41 PM
You know, there are times when I feel rather sorry for Lucy and Desi's second spouses, with Desi sending Lucy flowers every year on their anniversary! Talk about off-putting! :)

SPLAIN
10-06-2003, 04:26 PM
I know what you mean, not only were they always comparing them workwise but he had that personal thing with Desi to deal with all the time, no wonder he referred to him as his husband in law and said at Lucy's burial that at least THEY WERE TOGETHER NOW!:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Lodee
10-06-2003, 04:40 PM
What's up with those crying babies?

LucyFan
10-06-2003, 07:25 PM
Her favorite shows were The Golden Girls, Diff'rent Strokes and Three's Company. Besides her favs, she would also watch her later shows (The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy) as well.

She enjoyed working with Carol Burnett and John Ritter tremendously.

HuntingtonM15
10-06-2003, 07:28 PM
I have an issue of "True Story" magazine from 1989 that has this big list of Lucy's favorites and an interview and article about her death. Has anyone else seen this? Maybe I can scan it sometime.

dawsongirl
10-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by HuntingtonM15
I have an issue of "True Story" magazine from 1989 that has this big list of Lucy's favorites and an interview and article about her death. Has anyone else seen this? Maybe I can scan it sometime.

I haven't, but it sure sounds interesting.

SPLAIN
10-07-2003, 10:01 AM
They're all listed in the back of Lee Tannen's book, I Loved Lucy. The crying babies were the only things i could find where there was crying!

TheLandfordLunchBox
09-19-2005, 07:07 PM
I remember reading somewhere that she liked the color yellow and PB & J sandwiches with milk.

Opal
09-20-2005, 03:06 AM
She loved Chesterfields!

Lucy4President
11-05-2005, 09:33 AM
She LOVED fried green tomatoes for breakfast. Her favorite vegetable was swiss chard. Her favorite singer was Bobby Darin. Her favorite colors were yellow and grey (why?). Her favorite month was May.

Freddy Fillmore
11-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Lucy loved the flower "Lilac" that grew in her yard when she was growing up in Jamestown.:)

Larry Surrell
11-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Her favorite shows were The Golden Girls, Diff'rent Strokes and Three's Company. Besides her favs, she would also watch her later shows (The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy) as well.

Channel 11 in Los Angeles plays an ILL marathon on one of the major holidays (don't remember if it's Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's day!). A couple years ago in between episodes they had an interview with the fan that Lucy befriended in her later life. He said they used to sit in her living room and watch I Love Lucy on channel 11 together, and she would complain about the parts that were edited out.

I also hear that later in life Lucy loved playing backgammon.

Freddy Fillmore
11-06-2005, 01:01 PM
LUCILLE BALL LOVED SKIING!!!!!:)

Angelique 2
11-07-2005, 11:28 PM
LUCILLE BALL LOVED SKIING!!!!!:)
Yes she did love skiing and when she broke her leg skiing they wrote it into the Here's Lucy skripts.

I think she also had a fondness for dogs.Home movies when she and Desi were married before the kids came along show her playing with her cocker spainal puppies and later she always seemed to have a small dog.