PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the Givens Kids?

jmitch-NYC
07-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know? i thought they were very good in the Gong Show episode, especially the little girl.

Rita Lawsons Boy
08-17-2003, 02:25 AM
unfortunately the gong show was the height of there popularity.:lol:

El_Presidente
11-06-2003, 11:25 AM
Thank goodness.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM buublin brown sugah!!:wave: :happyface

MsMaia
11-09-2003, 02:49 PM
I liked them too but unfortunately they faded into obscurity.

CCRYDER1968
01-18-2004, 10:34 AM
There was this stand-up comedian on comedy central with the last name of Givens,and I REALLY am curious if thats the same girl.Does anyone know?

marvin g
01-19-2004, 08:35 PM
You're thinking of Adele Givens and I doubt it! I think they got there 15 minutes of fame and that's it.

Gamekid417
01-29-2004, 07:13 PM
Unfortunatly i think the person who went on to be the biggest star in that show was thalmus resulala who played raj and dee,s dad, and of course the doobie brothers,but other than whats happening now, i havnt seen much of any of them. but that shirley hemphil was so damn funny.

marvin g
01-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Raj is still working but mostly in stage plays and he was on All About the Andersons not to long ago in a dodge ball episode. I think Haywood just makes special appearances here and there.

vashti1999
01-30-2004, 01:38 AM
Ernest Thomas has a role in a movie called "The Hustle". He plays the father of a guy trying to become a rap star (or something like that). It's airing on pay-per-view on my cable system and also available on dvd.

Brian Damage
01-30-2004, 11:07 AM
No offense, but I found the Givens kids to be a little annoying.

vashti1999
01-30-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
No offense, but I found the Givens kids to be a little annoying.

You mean, you didn't like hearing the chorus to "Bubblin' Brown Sugar" over and over and over and over and over again? I haven't seen that episode in years, and I still got it stuck in my head. DAMN THOSE GIVENS KIDS!!!

Brian Damage
01-31-2004, 04:02 PM
:lol:

jerzpeanut2
02-09-2004, 01:51 PM
I happen to know the givens kids because im the son of Anthony(the twins). The little girl is Audrey,thats my aunt. If you want to know anything just email me. jerzpeanut2@yahoo.com

CCRYDER1968
02-09-2004, 03:59 PM
What are they doing now and do you have any pics you can share?

vashti1999
02-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by jerzpeanut2
I happen to know the givens kids because im the son of Anthony(the twins). The little girl is Audrey,thats my aunt. If you want to know anything just email me. jerzpeanut2@yahoo.com

How about sharing some basic info here on the discussion board instead of having to answer a number of emails?

jerzpeanut2
02-09-2004, 06:50 PM
My dad and my uncles live in East Orange, New Jersey. I live Virginia with my mom right now.My dad and my uncle are the average hard working men(twins). My aunt audrey is do a little music here and there.My other uncle is starting his own vocals studio. He has a song out right now that is one of the top ten songs over seas. If you want to know more about his music he is sing to sublimo soul. Im not absolute about the spelling of it. That's pretty much it. We live a normal family life. I would really appreciate if people would go to www.vh1.com to ask if they would rejoin them for a song of two.

billerman66
02-09-2004, 11:25 PM
I here people want to know what happened to the Givens Kids..Well Guess what? I'm one of them..I'm the one that sang the "Mean Old Lion Part!! I hated singing the song but was forced to do it by the producers of the show!!
Well I can tell you everyone is alive and doing well. After the show...We signed a recording contract and put out 6 singles that had minor success in the south. I went on to act in several commercials and had some small parts in some off broadway plays... I've also produced and written songs for several artists.. and had the honor of singing background vocals on several albums..noteably stevie wonder, george benson, gwen guthrie to name a few. I continue to write and produce here in NJ and most recently released a club record overseas which made it to #10 on the charts last year!!! I Love Club Music!!!My sister continues to sing and has given several showcases in NYC in the past. My twin brothers decided not to pursue the entertainment field and decided to pursue other fields. I'm honored to know that people still remember that episode. It was a great experience. Please feel free to ask me any questions if you'd like. Peace and Love to you all :-)

MsMaia
02-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Well Im glad to know you guys are alive and well!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D

Originally posted by billerman66
I here people want to know what happened to the Givens Kids..Well Guess what? I'm one of them..I'm the one that sang the "Mean Old Lion Part!! I hated singing the song but was forced to do it by the producers of the show!!
Well I can tell you everyone is alive and doing well. After the show...We signed a recording contract and put out 6 singles that had minor success in the south. I went on to act in several commercials and had some small parts in some off broadway plays... I've also produced and written songs for several artists.. and had the honor of singing background vocals on several albums..noteably stevie wonder, george benson, gwen guthrie to name a few. I continue to write and produce here in NJ and most recently released a club record overseas which made it to #10 on the charts last year!!! I Love Club Music!!!My sister continues to sing and has given several showcases in NYC in the past. My twin brothers decided not to pursue the entertainment field and decided to pursue other fields. I'm honored to know that people still remember that episode. It was a great experience. Please feel free to ask me any questions if you'd like. Peace and Love to you all :-)

jmitch-NYC
02-20-2004, 12:48 PM
billerman66,

Thanks for posting and letting us know what you've been up to. Do you have any recent photos of you and your brothers and sister that you could share with us?

Joe

Swaggerzone003
01-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to tell you guys that antonio givens is my dad and Anthony. And derick is are my uncles and Audrey is my auntie there doing great and if you all want to ask them questions just tell me and I'll ask then :)

Swaggerzone003
01-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi I just wanted to say if you guys have any questions about the givens kids I can tell you because antonio givens is my father I will post pic if u want message me for information :)

Swaggerzone003
01-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I can start off by saying derick sings still but the others have different careers now and me my brother and cousin have our own album called ms bee's traveling bus we made it for a day care center you can buy it on iTunes or search it on google I will post picks but I don't know how