PDA

View Full Version : I found out the real reason Why the Cockroach was taken off the Show

TVFactFan
07-15-2003, 01:16 AM
I was talking to a friend of mine and she was telling me about a radio interview Carl Anthony Payne had with a Philadelphia radio station. She said he explained that Bill Cosby didn't want anyone with a Gerry Curl type of hairstyle on the set and he said his hair was naturally curly but Bill thought he had a PROCESS. Bill thought he had chemicals in his hair that made his hair look Curly. So he wanted him to change his hairstyle NOT CUT HIS HAIR, and Cockroach refused to and him and Bill got into a argument on the set and Bill Told him he can leave the Show if he is going to continue to disrepsect him and that's what he did. So i knew it had nothing to do with the length of his hair, it was the STYLE that BiLL had the Problem with.

Note: Cockroach has a Curly/Gerry type of style in the episode "Dance Mania"-which was his LAST appearance on the show. Everything makes sense now.

Bad_Company
07-15-2003, 01:33 AM
Wow that sounds pretty lame. I don't see what the big deal is its not like he was a regular character anyways:rolleyes:

call-alluejah
07-15-2003, 01:59 AM
i would consider him a regular character, he was always at their house, and theo and him did stuff together all the time.they started calling him son, and he started calling them mom and dad.

wow, that makes much more sense than cutting his hair. he graduated from my high school, and he came back once, but i wasn't as big a cosby show fan then as i am now. I wish i would've asked him.

theanswerman
07-15-2003, 12:05 PM
I think that they should've kept him on the show he was funny, like Theo's sidekick. It would've been cool if they graduated together and stuff, but oh well

TVFactFan
07-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Bad_Company
Wow that sounds pretty lame. I don't see what the big deal is its not like he was a regular character anyways:rolleyes:

He was a FUNNY CHARACTER ON THE SHOW-that's the big deal

Pitooey
07-15-2003, 10:08 PM
What a shame....... I wonder what would've happened if Cockroach came in with dreds?

TVFactFan
07-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Pitooey
What a shame....... I wonder what would've happened if Cockroach came in with dreds?

Probably would have been the same thing-Let's face it, Bill Cosby is A Weirdo

call-alluejah
07-18-2003, 02:39 AM
"Bill Cosby is A Weirdo "

I'm not too sure about that

TVFactFan
07-18-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by call-alluejah
"Bill Cosby is A Weirdo "

I'm not too sure about that

Ok so Bill runs two people off the cosby show set for very Stupid reasons and you say he's not a weirdo.

Hee Are the reasons

Lisa Bonet-Was upset because she was dating Lenny Kravitz-Which was none of his business

Carl Anthony Payne-He did like his hairstyle-HOW DUMB IS THAT? He never questioned Vanessa crazy Afro in the 89-90 season

theanswerman
07-18-2003, 05:22 PM
Yeah, he did those to things but he did that for the show. i dont think he would do that if it wasnt for the show.

TVFactFan
07-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by fear the mullet
Yeah, he did those to things but he did that for the show. i dont think he would do that if it wasnt for the show.

He still had no right to comment on Lisa's life OFF the set. She wasn't Denise off the set, she was Lisa Bonet

weezerLOSERgeek
07-18-2003, 06:07 PM
yeah, your right

call-alluejah
07-19-2003, 04:53 AM
But what about the fact that she would come in late to the show and wouldn't come in sometimes. How about the fact that she never showed any enthusiasm for the show when she was on it. That's some good reasons also. I don't think it was just about her personal life. Obviously her personal life had to be affecting her professional. So for the sake of the show Biill did what he had to do.

IF Bill fired her because she wouldn't do what he said or he didn't like what she was doing in her personal life then he's wrong for doing that. But if it's affecting her professional job then he did make the right choice.

Now about Cockroach's hair, that's just crazy, i can't say anything about that.

Cashodeen
07-19-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Sitcom Analyzer

So i knew it had nothing to do with the length of his hair, it was the STYLE that BiLL had the Problem with.

I mentioned it being just the style in one of my posts, because at one point I wasn't exactly sure if it was his style or length that was a problem. At the time, I STILL doubted that his style was the real reason. And lo' and behold, it was the real reason! I could not believe Cockroach would be canned because of his hair. Even if it was chemically treated, who cares?! Pardon the guy for being IN STYLE. Oh wait, I forgot-- the criteria for acting on the Cosby Show was to look goofy. That is the only explanation! You had to look weird to stay on the show. That's why Vanessa remained with her offensive hair. LOL.

TVFactFan
07-20-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Cashodeen
I mentioned it being just the style in one of my posts, because at one point I wasn't exactly sure if it was his style or length that was a problem. At the time, I STILL doubted that his style was the real reason. And lo' and behold, it was the real reason! I could not believe Cockroach would be canned because of his hair. Even if it was chemically treated, who cares?! Pardon the guy for being IN STYLE. Oh wait, I forgot-- the criteria for acting on the Cosby Show was to look goofy. That is the only explanation! You had to look weird to stay on the show. That's why Vanessa remained with her offensive hair. LOL.

none of theo's friends after cockroach was entertaining. it's a shame he left the show.