PDA

View Full Version : Did Raplh Carter admit publicly he was Gay in the 70's because in the episode......


TVFactFan
06-17-2003, 08:20 PM
The Physical, Michael was in the hallway kissing a girl but after looking closely, you can see that it was a guy dressed as a female. Also, the character Michael was kissing was not listed in the closing credits which confirms it was a male dressed as a female.

Flash72
06-20-2003, 11:10 PM
Congratulations Solomon, that is by far your most "out there" post so far. I have no idea how you managed to land safely after jumping to and over such a conclusion. Not only is that making hasty judgements on Ralph Carter and his sexual orientation, but also it assumes facts with no foundation. I have seen many instances where a guest star, whether a minor role or a larger one, does not get billing for whatever reason in a show's credits. Regarding the topic at hand, another possibility may explain the girl, she might just be a female that scored high marks on the UGLY SATs, who is to say.

TVFactFan
06-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Flash72
Congratulations Solomon, that is by far your most "out there" post so far. I have no idea how you managed to land safely after jumping to and over such a conclusion. Not only is that making hasty judgements on Ralph Carter and his sexual orientation, but also it assumes facts with no foundation. I have seen many instances where a guest star, whether a minor role or a larger one, does not get billing for whatever reason in a show's credits. Regarding the topic at hand, another possibility may explain the girl, she might just be a female that scored high marks on the UGLY SATs, who is to say.


Trust me, it was a male with a wig on. I kept rewinding and rewinding and yes it was a male.

DarleneIllyria
06-20-2003, 11:41 PM
I'm basically agreeing with Shawn here, especially with the minor or larger role sometimes not getting a billing.

Um, well, I might be shoving my foot in my mouth here. I mean no disrespect towards chicks, but sometimes you just have those instances where you see a person, and you can't tell if it's a chick or a guy. Let me make a little pop reference here, but Solomon, you remember that episode from All in the Family, Archie is complaining about guys with long hair. He goes into a bathroom and sees this person with long hair and he thinks he's walked into the girls bathroom by mistake. I've made the same mistake, too. Not in the john, of course. I'm a chick, so I'd damn well better be in the girl's bathroom. lol

Anyway, it happens, you know? The same thing happens with chicks with short hair, if you have that back view of a person and you see a person with short hair, you might think it's a guy and then when you actually see the person's face, it turns out to be a chick. Front view, still same mistake at times. Sometimes a person might have that masculine look and I don't really want to call them unattractive, but it's just that maybe they haven't hit puberty yet and haven't blossomed out yet. Remember, some are late bloomers.

It's especially hard back view today. Most chicks wear what's comfortable. I gotta admit, I'm not dress gal. I don't wear these frilly, lacy dresses and flock in some flowers singing "La Di Da La Di Da". No way. I hate dresses. I just dress comfortably and lots of girls do that. So sometimes you're gonna do like I say, maybe on a tv show or in real life and think to yourself, is that person a guy or a chick?

Okay, so there you have it. I hope I didn't stick my foot in my mouth too far. If I did, will someone please help me pry it out. I'm sure I will need many people to help me pry it out, in case I've shoved it down too far.

Oh yeah, and let me speak something about if he was gay. I'm not saying he is, not saying he isn't. I'm just saying, I don't really care. I don't think being gay is wrong, just as long as you're happy, you know? Being gay isn't a sin, and I know some people think being gay is prob. the biggest sin of all, but no, I don't think that way. More power to you, if you come out of the closet, especially now. God, it literally freaks me out when I hear reports on the news about so and so was gay and someone killed him for being gay. That's wrong. That is a sin, to me, anyway. Whatever happened to, what's the word I'm looking for? Is it freewill? A person ought to be themselves and shouldn't have to worry about people coming to kick your ass because of who you are. I know I'm getting a bit off topic, so I'll shut up and just send my post on it's way.

Flash72
06-20-2003, 11:48 PM
No Jenny, you did not stick your foot in your mouth, you expressed some of my sentiments exactly regarding the girl/boy issue. And although, some may disagree vehemently that Ralph was not kissing a girl, remembering what you said about not being able to tell the difference some time should preclude any definite answers one way or another. Have a La Di Da La Di Da Day Jenny.

TVFactFan
06-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Jenny
I'm basically agreeing with Shawn here, especially with the minor or larger role sometimes not getting a billing.

Um, well, I might be shoving my foot in my mouth here. I mean no disrespect towards chicks, but sometimes you just have those instances where you see a person, and you can't tell if it's a chick or a guy. Let me make a little pop reference here, but Solomon, you remember that episode from All in the Family, Archie is complaining about guys with long hair. He goes into a bathroom and sees this person with long hair and he thinks he's walked into the girls bathroom by mistake. I've made the same mistake, too. Not in the john, of course. I'm a chick, so I'd damn well better be in the girl's bathroom. lol

Anyway, it happens, you know? The same thing happens with chicks with short hair, if you have that back view of a person and you see a person with short hair, you might think it's a guy and then when you actually see the person's face, it turns out to be a chick. Front view, still same mistake at times. Sometimes a person might have that masculine look and I don't really want to call them unattractive, but it's just that maybe they haven't hit puberty yet and haven't blossomed out yet. Remember, some are late bloomers.

It's especially hard back view today. Most chicks wear what's comfortable. I gotta admit, I'm not dress gal. I don't wear these frilly, lacy dresses and flock in some flowers singing "La Di Da La Di Da". No way. I hate dresses. I just dress comfortably and lots of girls do that. So sometimes you're gonna do like I say, maybe on a tv show or in real life and think to yourself, is that person a guy or a chick?

Okay, so there you have it. I hope I didn't stick my foot in my mouth too far. If I did, will someone please help me pry it out. I'm sure I will need many people to help me pry it out, in case I've shoved it down too far.

Oh yeah, and let me speak something about if he was gay. I'm not saying he is, not saying he isn't. I'm just saying, I don't really care. I don't think being gay is wrong, just as long as you're happy, you know? Being gay isn't a sin, and I know some people think being gay is prob. the biggest sin of all, but no, I don't think that way. More power to you, if you come out of the closet, especially now. God, it literally freaks me out when I hear reports on the news about so and so was gay and someone killed him for being gay. That's wrong. That is a sin, to me, anyway. Whatever happened to, what's the word I'm looking for? Is it freewill? A person ought to be themselves and shouldn't have to worry about people coming to kick your ass because of who you are. I know I'm getting a bit off topic, so I'll shut up and just send my post on it's way.


I feel the same. I don't criticize no one for being gay. But I just asked the question because anyone who sees this episode can see that person was a guy. Now i know it was said he was gay in later years but i was wondering was it mention back then since he was kissing a guy.

boechsner
06-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Sitcom Analyzer
I feel the same. I don't criticize no one for being gay. But I just asked the question because anyone who sees this episode can see that person was a guy. Now i know it was said he was gay in later years but i was wondering was it mention back then since he was kissing a guy.

I watched that episode and just because the person (Betty as Michael calls her) looks like a guy doesn't mean it is one. I personally have a friend who thought Bea Arthur was a guy in drag and we all know she indeed is a woman.

Just because "Betty" isn't listed in the credits doesn't mean anything either. The episode called "The Hustle" has character actors/actress guest starring and not appearing in the credits, does this have anything to do with dressing in drag, I don't think so.

isiahthomas
08-06-2003, 02:27 PM
LOL@your friend thinkin Bea Arthur from Maude & The Golden Girls was a dude in drag hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

CCH
09-19-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Sitcom Analyzer
The Physical, Michael was in the hallway kissing a girl but after looking closely, you can see that it was a guy dressed as a female. Also, the character Michael was kissing was not listed in the closing credits which confirms it was a male dressed as a female.

Ralph Carter was NOT kiss a guy thats sick please get some help!!

TVFactFan
09-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by CCH
Ralph Carter was NOT kiss a guy thats sick please get some help!!


Well it mas the ugliest girl on the planet if it was not a guy-LOL