PDA

View Full Version : 30 yr. unsolved murder in Wahoo, Ne.-Was it ever featured on UM?

wahooite
03-10-2003, 11:43 PM
In 1969 there was a 17 yr. old girl named Mary Kay Heese murdered here in Wahoo Nebraska that was never solved.In 1999 at the 30th ann. they reopened the case and wanted to solve it before her mother passed on. Well, it is still unsolved. Rumors had it that in 1999 either UM or 48 hours was here to do a show on her murder but I never saw anything as we didn't get Lifetime in this area at that time. Do any UM fans and loyal viewers remember a segment on this unsolved murder?

CrushedVelvet
03-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Hmmm...I checked 48 Hours archives and found nothing, as well as 60 Minutes. Dont recall the name from UM shows. Are you sure you are getting the name right? Even a general search on the web turned up nothing....:confused:

wahooite
03-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Crushedvelvet, Thanks for taking the time to not only get back to me but for all the searching I know you must have done, I appreciate your efforts. Yes, I'm sure of her name as I went to school with her. She was walking home from school and disappeared 2 blocks from downtown, here in Wahoo. That night a farmer found her body about 3 miles out of town. Her murder(s) have gotten away with it all these years. I too have searched the web quite a few times and have never found a thing. What may have happened is that there was much anticapation that the case was going to be solved and UM (or one of the other shows) came here but never showed the segment because it turned out not to be solved afterall. Which as you can imagine was a big letdown for our whole town, except for the guy-or guys-who did this. Thanks again.