PDA

View Full Version : Where is Mrs. Oleson today?

jayman75
02-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Whatever happened to Katherine McGregor, who played Mrs. Oleson. She didn't appear in the final movie (which was horrible) and I never saw her in anything other than LHOTP. Has she passed away?

Cashodeen
02-19-2003, 07:09 AM
She's ALIVE and I believe WELL.

imdb.com says this about her: (July 2002) Lives in the Hollywood Hills, occasionally writes, directs, and produces plays for "The Wee Hollywood Vedanta Players" a Childrens Theater Group.

Was that last movie horrible? It's the only thing of LH I never saw except for the movie pilot which never airs. Imdb says she was not in that because she was on a pilgrimage in India. I had previously thought that was when she was ill with cancer. Infact many people have thought she had cancer at one time her life. Here's an interesting page about her. Claims she never had cancer and talks more about her life:

http://www.hgd.com/alison/mrs_oleson.htm

ThomasE
02-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Cashodeen
She's ALIVE and I believe WELL.

imdb.com says this about her: (July 2002) Lives in the Hollywood Hills, occasionally writes, directs, and produces plays for "The Wee Hollywood Vedanta Players" a Childrens Theater Group.

Was that last movie horrible?
http://www.hgd.com/alison/mrs_oleson.htm

That last movie was ok. Very emotional but it was missing some elements. Mary, Mrs. Oleson, Nellie, Hester Sue,Carrie and others. I hated that. In fact, What happened to Hester Sue? She just disappeared into thin air.

nantucket_wings
04-23-2003, 12:20 AM
Katherine MacGregor was in the movies Deirdre's Party (98') and
Demolition High (96') ... Quotes from Alison Arngrim (Nellie) about Katherine .... "she is very very retired. She is very involved with her Ashram . She is involved in the bedanta religion and occasionally makes a pilgrimage to India."

Originally posted by jayman75
Whatever happened to Katherine McGregor, who played Mrs. Oleson. She didn't appear in the final movie (which was horrible) and I never saw her in anything other than LHOTP. Has she passed away?

nantucket_wings
04-23-2003, 01:08 AM
Info on Hester Sue (Ketty Lester - Birth name, Revoyda Frierson) :

Movies she was in ...

1. "Getting Personal" (1998) TV Series .... Nana
2. Jack Reed: A Search for Justice (1994) (TV) .... Barbara
... aka Deadly Justice (1994) (TV) (UK)
3. House Party 3 (1994) .... Aunt Lucy
4. Percy & Thunder (1993) (TV) .... Grandma Katie
5. Street Knight (1993) .... Lucinda

6. "Morningstar/Eveningstar" (1986) TV Series .... Nora Blake
7. "Rituals" (1984) TV Series .... Maddie Washingthon #1 (1984)
8. "This Is the Life" (1983) TV Series
9. "G.I. Joe" (1983) TV Series (voice) .... Additional Voices

10. "Little House on the Prairie" (1974) TV Series .... Hester-Sue Terhune (1978-1983)
... aka "Little House: A New Beginning" (1982) (last season title)
11. Battered (1978) (TV) .... Helen
12. Cops and Robin (1978) (TV) .... Secretary
13. Louis Armstrong - Chicago Style (1976) (TV) .... Mrs. Thomas
14. "Days of Our Lives" (1965) TV Series .... Helen Grant (1975-1977)
... aka "Cruise of Deception: Days of Our Lives" (1990) (USA: new title (summer title))
... aka "DOOL" (1965) (USA: informal short title)
... aka "Days" (1965) (USA: abbreviated title)
15. Prisoner of Second Avenue, The (1975) .... Unemployment Clerk
16. Uptown Saturday Night (1974) .... Irma Franklin
17. It's Good to Be Alive (1974) (TV) .... Mother
18. Blacula (1972) .... Juanita Jones (Cabbie)
19. Up Tight! (1968) .... Alma
20. Just for Fun (1963)

mini bio ....

b. Revoyda Frierson, 16 August 1934, Hope, Arkansas, USA. Ketty Lester began her singing career on completing a music course at San Francisco State College. A residency at the city's Purple Onion club was followed by a successful tour of Europe before she joined bandleader Cab Calloway's revue. Later domiciled in New York, Lester's popular nightclub act engendered a recording contract, of which "Love Letters" was the first fruit. The singer's cool-styled interpretation of this highly popular standard, originally recorded by Dick Haymes, reached the Top 5 in both the USA and UK in 1962, eventually selling in excess of one million copies. The song has been covered many times, with notable successes for Elvis Presley and Alison Moyet. Its attractiveness was enhanced by a memorable piano figure but Lester was sadly unable to repeat the single's accomplished balance between song, interpretation and arrangement. She later abandoned singing in favour of a career as a film and television actress, with appearances in the series Days Of Our Lives, Little House On The Prairie, Hill Street Blues, and the movies Blacula and The Prisoner Of Second Avenue, to name but a few. She was later coaxed back into the studio, but only on her stipulation that it would be exclusively to perform sacred music.

Originally posted by ThomasE
In fact, What happened to Hester Sue? She just disappeared into thin air.

Cashodeen
04-23-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by nantucket_wings
Katherine MacGregor was in the movies Deirdre's Party (98') and
Demolition High (96') ... Quotes from Alison Arngrim (Nellie) about Katherine .... "she is very very retired. She is very involved with her Ashram . She is involved in the bedanta religion and occasionally makes a pilgrimage to India." ... Katherine left lhotp because of her cancer that she had

It was just a rumor that she had cancer and also that she married the doctor who treated it. Ya can't find any information online about her ever having cancer (except for the LH Nitpicker's Guide, and that's older than the hills and written by unofficials who help spread the rumors.) The website I posted earlier is Alison Angrim's website, and she would know better than pretty much anybody.

nantucket_wings
04-23-2003, 01:25 AM
sorry about the mis information about Katherine having cancer Cashodeen .. :)

It was just a rumor that she had cancer and also that she married the doctor who treated it. Ya can't find any information online about her ever having cancer (except for the LH Nitpicker's Guide, and that's older than the hills and written by unofficials who help spread the rumors.) The website I posted earlier is Alison Angrim's website, and she would know better than pretty much anybody.

Cashodeen
04-23-2003, 01:29 AM
Oh no problem, nantucket_wings. I thought the same thing for years. Infact, my first post on here says the website I listed "claims she never had cancer..." because I still wasn't sure what the truth was. It was only until later that I realized, duh, this is Alison's website! So the claim is factual. :wave:

nantucket_wings
04-23-2003, 01:31 AM
I just read about it tonight, in fact if I didnt do a search on it, Id probley wouldnt have never known about the rumor

Oh no problem, nantucket_wings. I thought the same thing for years. Infact, my first post on here says the website I listed "claims she never had cancer..." because I still wasn't sure what the truth was. It was only until later that I realized, duh, this is Alison's website! So the claim is factual. :wave: