PDA

View Full Version : Are Melissa Gilbert and Sara Gilbert Sisters or Half-Sisters???

AtlantaBravesFan29
01-09-2003, 09:21 AM
I was wondering,I know that Melissa and Sara Gilbert are sisters,but are they full sisters or half-sisters??? There is a considerable age gap between Melissa and Sara,so was wondering if they were full sisters or half-sisters!!!

chris64
01-10-2003, 06:31 PM
I think Sara is her half-sister, but not sure. Jonathon Gilbert who played Willie on the show is her adopted brother.

ThomasE
01-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Melissa and Joanthan are brother and sister. They were adopted by Sara's parents making them brother/sister of Sara.

TV Guy
01-25-2003, 12:51 AM
Melissa and Jonathan were adopted. Their (adoptive) father died, and Sara is the daughter of their mother and her second husband (Sara took the stage name Gilbert, the name of her mother's first husband). So, sort of strangely, Sara is their legal half-sister, if there is such a thing. :)

jayman75
02-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by TV Guy
Melissa and Jonathan were adopted. Their (adoptive) father died, and Sara is the daughter of their mother and her second husband (Sara took the stage name Gilbert, the name of her mother's first husband). So, sort of strangely, Sara is their legal half-sister, if there is such a thing. :)

Very interesting... I didn't know that both Melissa and Jonathan were adopted. I wonder where he is at today.

Cashodeen
02-22-2003, 02:51 AM
Are Melissa and Jonathon blood related?

Originally posted by jayman75
Very interesting... I didn't know that both Melissa and Jonathan were adopted. I wonder where he is at today.

Jonathon never did any acting after LH. Last I heard he was a stock broker in NY.