PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Dauber

Janice
11-06-2002, 01:07 PM
I think Bill **ggerbakke is hilarious as Dauber on Coach. I'm wondering a few things...
How tall is this man? I read that Craig T. Nelson is 6' 3 1/2 ", and Bill towers over him.
Also, and this may sound like a dumb question, but is that his real voice on the show? I know he does the voiceover for a popular children's show now, but I've never seen it.
Does anyone have any info on his personal life? Is he married, kids?
Has he been in any movies? Can I ask enough questions? :lol:

This system automatically blocks out part of his last name....must register as a swear or something.

dlemond
11-06-2002, 01:43 PM
He does a lot of voice work, he is currently on Spongebob Squarepants.

Its all on IMDB.

Bill Fa gerbakke (SO wont let you post his name without breaking it up, I guess I can tell why)

born: 4 October 1957,
Fontana, California, USA

Birth name
William Fa gerbakke

Height
6' 6"
Spouse
Catherine McClenahan (1989 - present); 2 children

Attended University of Idaho (B.A., theater arts) and Southern Methodist University.

Go here: http://us.imdb.com and put in his name

Janice
11-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Thanks a bunch dlemond. Do you know if that's his normal voice on Coach? Hubby says no way...I'm not so sure.
:)

Big Coach Fan
11-09-2002, 05:21 AM
I think it is.. sounds very close to the voice he does on sponge bob.

Janice
11-09-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Big Coach Fan
I think it is.. sounds very close to the voice he does on sponge bob.
Thanks. Big guy, big voice I guess. When is SpongeBob on--Saturday mornings? He does the voice of SpongeBob, right? I'd like to give it a listen. :)

Big Coach Fan
11-10-2002, 05:37 PM
I think its actually Sponge Bobs buddys voice.. Ive only seen it once but it sounds similar

Brian Damage
11-18-2002, 03:35 PM
He's the voice of SpongeBob's best friend, Patrick Star. Spongebob is on every morning, I think around 8:30am. Patrick is the pink starfish with the green Bermuda shorts. Jan, I think you'd actually like the cartoon because I find it hysterical. It's got alot of adult references in it that makes it good. You should definitely check it out. :)

Brian Damage
11-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Here's a photo of his character:

http://avalon.gargoyles-fans.org/ftp/pictures/voice-actors/fagerbake.jpghttp://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/SBS/pdPASBS0005.jpg

Janice
11-18-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by briandamage
He's the voice of SpongeBob's best friend, Patrick Star. Spongebob is on every morning, I think around 8:30am. Patrick is the pink starfish with the green Bermuda shorts. Jan, I think you'd actually like the cartoon because I find it hysterical. It's got alot of adult references in it that makes it good. You should definitely check it out. :)
Thanks. I'll check my listings and give it a try. So, do you think that Dauber's voice is Bill Fa gerbakke's real voice?

Brian Damage
11-18-2002, 04:25 PM
I think he tweaks it a little bit to make the character of Dauber sound a little slow. However, I have seen interviews with him and that is his voice for the most part.

highloon
12-09-2002, 03:59 AM
If you watch the pilot episode, you'll hear Bill talking in his normal voice. It was later that they decided to have him tweak it and make it sound raspier and deeper for the dumb effect.

Janice
12-09-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by highloon
If you watch the pilot episode, you'll hear Bill talking in his normal voice.
I guess I'll have my chance to see episode 1 soon as they're starting the episodes over again. Die Nick-at-Nite. :mad:
Kidding, it will be good to hear Bill talking in his normal voice.

Big Coach Fan
12-17-2002, 09:41 AM
Yeah I remember that too.. I remember saying hey his voice isn't quite as deep.

80sSitcomNostalgic
12-29-2002, 02:46 AM
He was also the sadistic guard on "OZ" who was eventually killed by Beecher.

Janice
12-30-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by 80sSitcomNostalgic
He was also the sadistic guard on "OZ" who was eventually killed by Beecher.
That, I would just love to see. I can't even imagine Bill Fagerbakke playing a bad guy. He's just Dauber to me. I watch all the HBO shows, but never got into OZ because I'm not a fan of prison dramas. They make me nervous.
Maybe someday I can catch this episode in a rerun.