Hi

Does Anyone Know What The Cast Of Mama's Family Is
Doing Today And What Happen To The Husband Carl
How Did Carl Die.

Thanks
Aaron

jayman75
09-08-2002, 02:26 PM
I read in People magazine awhile back that Vint's son (the dark-headed kid whose name I cant' remember) is now involved in a lot of charity work.

I think Naomi is working in TV again also...

TVJunkie101
09-08-2002, 08:08 PM
Betty White (Ellen) Has a somewhat recurring role this year on 'That 70s Show'

Allan Kayser Briefly appeared in the Disney movie "Double Teamed" or something like that

Vicki Lawrence Has a somewhat recurring role on "Yes, Dear" and has made a guest appearance on "Cybill" among many other guest starring roles; also had a talk show "Vicki!" after MF ended

Tim Conway Also has a somewhat recurring role on "Yes, Dear" (Tim played Mickey Hart in the "Family" sketches on Carol Burnett, but was never in "Mama's Family"); Played Peg's dad on 'Married...With Children' in the mid 90s.

Carol Burnett Reunited with Vicki, Harvey Korman & Tim Conway in "Carol Burnett Show Showstoppers" and hosted "CBS: The First 50 Years" this past May.

Ken Berry I have no clue, really. One of his more remembered guest appearances was on "Golden Girls" as Thor Anderson, where he shared scenes with Betty White and Rue McClanahan.

Dorothy Lyman Returned to soaps for one week on "Days of our Lives" in February 2001. Last guest appearance was on "Reba" as Reba's mom Helen.

Eric Brown (Buzz) Doing some charity work, as said in People a while back.

Karin Argoud (Sonja) I have no clue

Rue McClanahan (Fran) Last regular television role was on WB's short lived drama, "Safe Harbor" and appeared in a play not to long ago, I saw her in a special on PBS about it, can't remember the name; still makes guest appearances, I assume

Beverly Archer (Iola) Was in "Major Dad" in the early-mid 90s and possibly has guest starring roles, but I'm not too sure.

Harvey Korman Has a traveling comedy act with Tim Conway (which will be coming to where I live next year!)

I think that's all. Oh, Vicki Lawrence is currently doing a two-woman show as herself, and then as Mama. More details can be found at http://expage.com/mamafamily/ (Not my site, but an excellent one).

REST IN PEACE:
Dorothy Van (Aunt Effie),
Anne Haney (Alberta Meachum),
Imogene Coco (Gert)

If I left anyone out, let me know!

bb
09-12-2002, 10:48 AM
some cast members have done films in recent years..

Betty White did the movie "Lake Placid" ( uses quite a bit of colorful language) while "Iola" I think did "Something about Mary" and one of the Brady Bunch movies, if it wasnt her then Beverly Archer has a twin sister.

Marvo301
09-13-2002, 12:56 AM
On a recent episode of Entertainment Tonight they interviewed Ken Berry as part of a segment on F-Troop. Mr. Berry has retired from acting and is enjoying "getting out of bed when I want to." A well deserved rest for the beloved star of F-Troop, Mayberry RFD, and Mama's Family.:wave:

ClesStahn
10-15-2002, 03:42 PM
Oh! Beverly Archer was on Full House once in season, 7, I think it was, where D.J. has that dream that she does bad on a test, and that woman's dog was barked at by comet.

jayman75
09-24-2004, 10:07 PM
I'd really like to see Beverly Archer in something again.

PZelda
09-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by jayman75
I'd really like to see Beverly Archer in something again.

Me too. :)

James"Thunder"Early
09-25-2004, 12:50 AM
I think they should have cast her as Mrs. Kravitz in the Bewitched movie she kind of favors the actress in the original show.