PDA

View Full Version : Post your all-time favorite episode here

TJ
02-15-2000, 10:07 PM
What is your all-time favorite episode of Bewitched and why?

Randy
06-06-2000, 05:46 PM
The episode in which Endora persuades Serena to pose as Sam to get rid of Darrin (wait, wasn't that almost every episode?) while the real Samantha was at the church bazaar. She wears that red dress and changes outfits supposedly in an effort to be the hip housewife, the tradional housewife (curlers), etc. Funniest line: Gladys Kravitz who was at the church bazaar and saw the real Samantha, asks Serena where her car is (if it was Samantha, the car would be in the driveway). Serena as Samantha asks,"I have a better one...what happened to your shoes (making them disappear and once again Gladys drops the sugar bowl she brought over to borrow sugar). As she flees, Serena hits Darrin on the arm and laughs, "Did you see her face was that a riot?" This episode really showed her comic timing. You can actually beat it out like music and see how it fits and creates laughter. She really had the lines to show her craft of comedy.

benjamoon
06-15-2000, 07:50 PM
I love the episode Randy mentioned but my Top 5 are:
1) #135 "I Confess"
2) #15 "A Vision of Sugar Plums"
3) #165 "Samantha's Power Failure"
4) #115 "The Safe and Sane Halloween"
5) #54 "And Then There Were Three"

Dr. Bombay
08-16-2000, 10:11 PM
Any episode with Dr. Bombay, of course.

rjrane
10-17-2000, 06:32 PM
I liked the two-parter when Aunt Clara got Benjamin Franklyn as an,"electrician."Not only was it funny,but it seemed to be very accurate in depiction and respectful of Benjamin Franklyn, including things which he might say or what he did say.James Hennerson did a good job writing this story.I liked the ending line by the judge,after Franklyn said, "If a man tries to impose the wisdom of his age on future ages he may lose any claim to wisdom he had."The judge said,"If he isn't, he ought to be."

GINGER GIRL
10-26-2000, 05:24 PM
ALL OF COURSE!

LuvsAgain
12-25-2000, 03:08 AM
Of all the episodes, the one that stands out in my mind the most is "Allergic To Machedamian Dodo Birds"...
The banter between Dick York and Agnes Moorehead is absolutely hilarious! And the look on her face when she sends him into yet another fit is priceless, proving that witch or no witch, Endora is every inch a mother in law! lol

Richard
01-24-2001, 03:49 PM
A memorable first-season episode was a Halloween show where Samantha and three of her older relatives-including Aunt Clara- convinced a candymaker through visions to listen to Darrin's idea about advertising candy with beautiful witch-pictures instead of traditional ugly old crones.(They were all fed up with witch images,and during Halloween they would suffer most.Endora stayed away from America on Oct.31)

------------------
Richard Ranke

Pitooey
02-16-2001, 12:35 PM
My all time favorite episode is the one with Dick York. Darin and Samantha went to a dinner party and there was this female who absolutely thought she was perfect. Samantha was cool though but, when she was putting her arm around Darin and cooing in his ear at the dinner table in front of all their friends, Samantha started the witch routine. She would mess up the ladies hair & she blackened her teeth & she made a mess of Ms. Perfect at the dinner table. I laughed so hard. Everytime I see this black & white episode I get hysterical. I have no idea what the name of this episode is.....

callmetootie
04-26-2001, 06:16 PM
I liked the one where Tabitha was reading her fairy tales, and she went into Jack and The Beanstalk, and then Samantha had to go in chasing after her. Another favorite was when Samantha and Darrin went to Salam, and went to the witch's museam, and when Sam walked in strange things started happening and the workers suspected that she was a witch.

------------------
Andrew Carden

FOL & DS fan 4ever
05-02-2001, 02:55 AM
I really like the one where Uncle Arthur tricked Darren into thinking that he was given some "warlock power" that can be used on Endora- he made him say some funny line like "yaga zuzi, yaga zuzi, yaga zuzi zem!" (or something like that)....that REALLY cracked me up!

TV Guy
05-07-2001, 09:00 AM
"Mother Meets What's-His Name". This is the first meeting between Endora and Darrin, and is probably the fourth or fifth episode of the series (in previous episodes, Endora would pop out before Darrin saw her). I love when she asks Darrin something like "If you love my daughter so much, Mr. Stephens, why are you trying to change her?", referring to Darrin stifling Sam's witchcraft.

hch
07-27-2001, 12:18 PM
To JennyLee, the episode you were just talking about with Ms. Perfect is actually the very first episode, which was also my favorite

I have a lot of favorite episodes, but my all-time favorite episode was when Dick York got those GIANT EARS on him! That was a classic!

daffodil
08-06-2001, 04:13 PM
Every Bewitched episode is fabulous. However, my favorite is when Samantha & Endora go by to see the new house Darrin is considering buying. Sam & Endora zap away, trying out different landscaping ideas, shutters vs. awnings, interior furnishings, etc. At one point, Endora is found by Sam to be sitting in a French chair, rubbing her aching feet. Sam says, "Oh, that's lovely!" Endora's reply is, "Thank you...have one (zap!)" Also, this is the first episode to introduce Gladys Kravitz, who naturally sees a lot of the "home improvement" zapping.

sar
08-24-2001, 08:29 AM
Any ep with Uncle Arthur(Paul Lynde). His character dominated every scene he was in. Nobody was funnier than PL with that voice and those facial expressions. Hilarious.

Moondance
08-25-2001, 01:41 PM
The Halloween eppie!!! I love that one!!

Tabitha goes as a Tiger and she brings those Gobblins out of her book! LoL!

Feenster Girl

------------------
God Looked down upon the rose and said no fair a flower grows. Then he searched the human race and named my Shirley, Angel Face!

Fleet
08-26-2001, 10:13 PM
Hard to choose one, of course, with 254 episodes to narrow down. But, I am able to...

If I had to choose just one episode as my favorite, it would be:

#127- "If They Never Met." Fantastic performance by Liz and Dick. Classic scene in the bar with Darrin pondering the future.

Also-

#17- "A Is For Aardvark." Again, another excellent, emotional scene with Liz and Dick near the end of the episode.

#80- "Endora Moves In For A Spell." The best Endora/Uncle Arthur conflict episode, in my opinion.

#81- "Twitch Or Treat." Probably my second favorite episode. Endora and Uncle Arthur are great in this, and lots of spooky effects.

#150- "Samantha Loses Her Voice." Very good "Bewitched" stuff here, fun to watch Uncle Arthur doing his antics.

#119- "Samantha's Thanksgiving To Remember." Classic "Bewitched" episode... I always have liked "Time Travel" episodes on any T.V. series.

mtmfan4life
10-12-2001, 04:04 PM
My all time favorite is #17 - A is for Aardvark.

Liza
10-15-2001, 08:03 PM
Uncle Arthur teaching Darrin "Yagazoozee" a long-time favorite by everyone in my family.

corwayn2
10-16-2001, 06:43 PM
The one where Endora creates a bowl of popcorn that convinces Darrin and anybody to take R&R from work, when they eat it

hch
12-12-2001, 10:02 AM
The Bewitched episodes that I liked best are:

1- Yes, the definitive first episode. It introduced Samantha and Darrin in a very cute way, and Shiela should have known better than to mess with "The nose"

2- The New house and the new nosy neighbors (actually, one neighbor)

3- "A is for Aardvark"

4- The episode where Samantha helps the little boy in baseball (and it was remade so she can help out a boy in a soap box derby)

5- "And Then There were Three"- The introduction of Tabitha and Serena as well.

6- The Charlie Leach two-parter

7- The first three color episodes involving Tabitha

8- The Ben Franklin two parter, later remade as a George Washington two-parter

9- The episode where Samantha thinks that Aunt Clara turned herself into a cow.

10- The Queen Victoria episode

11- The episode where Serena pretends she's Sam

12- Yes, the big ears episode

13- "Hippie Hippie Hooray"- The "Ifin" song

14- The episode where Uncle Arthur switches Sam and Darrin's voice! :lol:

15- "Daddy Does His Thing"- Great episode. and Did you know that it was the last one that Dick York had filmed before Dick Sargeant took over?

16- Darrin gets magic powers from Maurice in a two-parter

17- Serena and the Boyce and Hart singers

18- The VAPOR LOCK episode

19- "Sisters at Heart"- A very good story about the evils of bigotry.

20- "This Little Piggie"- Loved his rendition of The Old MacDonald song for the advertising campaign

21- The Earthbound episode.

22- Tabitha's First day of school

Pitooey
12-31-2001, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by hch
To JennyLee, the episode you were just talking about with Ms. Perfect is actually the very first episode, which was also my favorite

I have a lot of favorite episodes, but my all-time favorite episode was when Dick York got those GIANT EARS on him! That was a classic! Thanks for the info HCH. I love the big ears episode too. That Dick York was hilarious!

cablejockey
02-07-2002, 06:18 PM
I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that popcorn episode. Thanks for reminding me! Also that little boy Sam helped was Jerry Mathers little brother, they look so much alike. The episode I love to see is the Halloween where Endora turns Darrin into a werewolf while they are entertaining a client---Endora also makes herself into a little girl played by Maureen McCormick.

wouldnti
09-01-2003, 09:27 PM
Many of the episodes listed are favorites of mine, but does anyone remember the "Crone of Cawdor" episode? One of the more exciting & imaginative stories.

"While the Earth turns once around the sun,
let the Crone go forth 'til the day is done.
To her will pass the mortal's youth;
to him will pass her age-Forsooth!!!

catlover79
01-30-2007, 06:16 PM
"A Very Special Delivery" was hysterical. That's the show where Endora zaps Darrin into thinking he's pregnant. Dick York is priceless. Everytime my friend and I go to a restaurant, we can't resist using the classic line: "I DEMAND your pickle!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

comedyfreak
01-31-2007, 11:01 AM
All episodes with Aunt Clara and Uncle Arthur, A Vision Of Sugar Plumbs, Be It Ever So Morgaged, Adam Warlock or Wash Out, Sam's Curious Craving, and Samantha's Yoo Hoo Maid.

hillman
09-07-2007, 06:31 AM
the Best episode of Bewitched that i think that would be is episode #142 Title Samantha Goes South For A Spell (1968) it is about this old Witch who sends Samantha back in Time to the 19th Century New Orleans (1868) where she meets the dapper Rance who falls in love with Samantha Cousin Serena then sends Darrin back to 1868 and to rescue Samantha. Hillman

AB
09-07-2007, 04:52 PM
It is hard to pick just one favorite, I enjoyed the ones with Pleasure and Danger O'Reilly. And the ones with Shelia.

MichaelKeith
09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
I love them all, but my absolute favorite is when Endora sends Darrin and Sam back in time to show Samantha what Darrin's life would be like if he had never met her. I believe this episode if from either the third or fourth season and is titled something like "If They Never Met". In the episode, Darrin is about to marry his old girlfriend, Sheila, and he walks into a bar at the last minute and bumps into Sam and then buys her a drink. Very touching scene with romantic dialogue and chemistry between York and Montgomery.

After that, I love the episode where Sam gives away Darrin's houndstooth sport coat. Classic. Michael

catlover79
09-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I love them all, but my absolute favorite is when Endora sends Darrin and Sam back in time to show Samantha what Darrin's life would be like if he had never met her. I believe this episode if from either the third or fourth season and is titled something like "If They Never Met". In the episode, Darrin is about to marry his old girlfriend, Sheila, and he walks into a bar at the last minute and bumps into Sam and then buys her a drink. Very touching scene with romantic dialogue and chemistry between York and Montgomery.

After that, I love the episode where Sam gives away Darrin's houndstooth sport coat. Classic. Michael
Michael, "If They Never Met" was indeed from Season 4. A very sweet and touching episode indeed. :love:

The houndstooth jacket episode is a riot, too. Entitled "I'd Rather Twitch Than Fight", this Season 3 episode features a familiar face - Mr. Roper himself, Norman Fell (as Dr. Freud)!!

BensonFan
09-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Michael, "If They Never Met" was indeed from Season 4. A very sweet and touching episode indeed. :love:

This is one of my all-time favorites. They did an incredible job on this episode, didn't they? :thumbsup:

LizaDaisy
09-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I love the episode when Endora looses her powers and she acts like a poor baby. Love Agnes in that one! It always makes me laugh.