PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Romeo's Girl Sophia & The Black Girl Who Was Her Friend?

isiahthomas
08-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Sophia wasn't attractive to me, her teeth looked kinda messed up. What was her black friend's name who used to sit behind her when the show first came on? Bullethead liked her. I know her real name is Nefta Perry. She was cute. I didn't like her braids. How come the both of them left the show so quick. I saw Sophia in Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing movie a quick second. Spike was talking to her in the pizza place he worked at.

isiahthomas
01-24-2004, 12:00 PM
So nobody knows why Sophia & Sarah left the show so early?

marvin g
01-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Probably too many characters too right for and they were written out. They probably graduated! That was the running joke for Romeo and Bullethead, that they were stupid!

tvje
03-21-2004, 05:22 PM
I tell you what, I liked these two characters, and the other girl Ashia from the second season, a lot more than the Lydia character. Dam, that character took the edge off the show.

The original premese, Steve teaches a class of not so bright street kids, the Lydia character was not dumb or had any street in her.

Thank god, WWOR channel 9 New York is back to season 1, and TBS is almost back to season 1.

isiahthomas
03-22-2004, 11:28 AM
I couldn't stand Lydia Liza Gutman either. She was fat & ugly. She wasn't funny. Aisha was cute. I liked her.

tvje
03-22-2004, 06:48 PM
I decided that I am going to tape the entire first season (maybe the second second also) when TBS gets back to it this Thursday. Isiahthomas you should do the same.

To bad they won't release the entire first season on DVD.

isiahthomas
03-23-2004, 10:06 AM
The first season of the show is on dvd. I was watching a couple of episodes of the last season yesterday on TBS about 4-5 pm. The episode i watched had Kim Fields on it & she was Regina's cousin. Regina & Steve were a couple by this time & Kim had come to visit Regina cause she had broken up with her husband. Kim's dreads were ugly as hell. Regina looks so good. Her body is nice.

tvje
03-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Unless there is another DVD release. The only "Steve Harvey show" DVD I know about is "The Best of the Steve Harvey show: Vol 1". It has one episode from season 1, two from season 3, and two from season 4.

vashti1999
03-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by tvje
Unless there is another DVD release. The only "Steve Harvey show" DVD I know about is "The Best of the Steve Harvey show: Vol 1". It has one episode from season 1, two from season 3, and two from season 4.

You're right, that's the only dvd release. The first season isn't on dvd, just the five-episode best of dvd.

tvje
03-26-2004, 05:43 PM
I saw "Sophia" on the 2004 season premere episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm". Her real name is Tracy Vilar. She played a nurse. In this episode Larry had to go to the hospital because Mel Brooks opened a door right into Larry's face, and Larry got into an small arguement with Tracy's character about sigining his name on the hospital registration.

It was pretty funny.

Infact both Tracy Vilar (Sophia) and Nefta Perry (Sara) has impressive acting resumes. Go to epguides.com and go the Steve Harvey show page, and click on the two actresses and you will see what other work they have done before and since the Steve Harvey show. "Sophia" has been in two Spike Lee movies, "Do the Right Thing" and "Crooklyn", and she has done some behind the scences production work for some movies.

isiahthomas
03-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Sophia had a very small part in Do The Right Thing. She was sittin at a table with Spike Lee in Sal's Pizzeria when Buggin Out came in there talkin about how come ain't no black people on the wall. She also had small parts in Gridlock'd movie with 2Pac & Gone In 60 Seconds movie with Nicolas Cage.

tvje
03-27-2004, 05:39 PM
My advice for anyone that wants to be an extra in a movie. If you ever meet the actress (Tracy Vilar) that played Sophia, be nice to her and look your best. Because she has cast extras in some movies such as Malcom X.

isiahthomas
03-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Sophia is ugly to me. I remember a episode on Steve Harvey Show when her & Sarah went to this club where The Hightops were gonna be performing & Romeo & Bullethead were already there. When Sophia & Sarah came in the club, they had their backs turned so Romeo & Bullethead couldn't see them cause they were talkin to some men. Bullethead said look at who just walked in, she is fine. Romeo said of course she's fine, it's Sophia. I laughed when Romeo said that cause Sophia isn't fine LOL. Sarah is though.

marvin g
03-29-2004, 09:16 PM
O.K Sophia is the one with the nasal voice isn't she? If she is then you're right she isn't !! :)

isiahthomas
03-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Sophia is the short one. I wouldn't say she has a nasal voice but she talked like a puerto rican on the show.

tvje
04-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Did anyone see episode 12 "Pool Sharks get bit" today on TBS? The girls appeared in only the first scene and were not seen the rest of the episode. (Sophia muddered only two lines while eating candy) You can see in that episode, that they were being fazed out of the show, in the previous episode, when Steve's mother comes to visit, they had very small parts in that episode.

It seems to me the second half of season 1, their roles in the show was reduced. As soon as Romeo and Sophia broke up, the girls became secondary charcters to Romeo and Bullethead.

Marvin G, you are right on the money, too many characters to right for, that is probably why they did not return in the second season.