PDA

View Full Version : Larue - Lynette Winter

Steve Carras
07-26-2002, 12:09 AM
La Rue, ar Rue, I had an even bigger crush on her then Gidget!

She was a nerd but so hot.:D :D

Pitooey
07-26-2002, 09:32 PM
I wonder............ What ever became of her?

JMFabiano524
07-30-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by JennyLee22
I wonder............ What ever became of her?

Yeah, LaRue was great too! And speaking of WEHT questions, I still want to know what became of Betty Conner. Watching the episodes on TVL, I do admit to having a crush on her as well :-)

J.

Pitooey
07-30-2002, 10:27 PM
WoW........ You're right! I wonder what became of her too?

iLvGidget
08-01-2002, 09:40 PM
heh...gidget is still my favorite!! she is such a good role model for kids! hehe! i take after her!!:D

JMFabiano524
08-02-2002, 06:08 AM
First, thanks JennyLee, for the picture...you do know I love my Annie! (Just don't tell John, OK? ;-))

And ILvGidget...your comments hit home for me as well. You might think it sounds corny, but I do admire Gidget's life in many ways. She has a kind, levelheaded father, the two help out each other, and outside of that she has many friends and always has something at least interesting to do. That's the kind of social life I would love to have! And Gidget herself is just so cool to me because of her humor and, as I said, the part of her that helps out others. Those are qualities I'd like to show more often!

J.

CajunFan
08-13-2002, 12:56 AM
I'm new to this board. I have some information as to what ever happened to LaRue (Lynette Winter). She met and married a man from Abbeville, Louisiana and moved there in the early 1970's. Her married name became "Cessac." She arrived with a degree in English Education and was hired at Kaplan High School - a high school in a neighboring town 9 miles from Abbeville. In my Soph. year at Kaplan High School, 1974-75, she (Lynette Winter - or Mrs. Cessac as we called her) was my English teacher. She was a fantastic teacher and quite inspirational. She was pregnant during that year and gave birth to a son later in 1975. I believe that she also had a second child, but not certain as to the year of birth. She became one of the founders of a local theatrical group in Abbeville called "The Abbey Players" who still stage productions today. She and her husband divorced in the late 70's and she moved back to California. I was able to contact her by phone while visiting San Diego in 1986 and had a nice but brief conversation. I understand that recently she was teaching at LaJolla Country Day School, a private school in LaJolla, California, but am uncertain if she is still a member of the faculty there. I also heard that she was doing some local theater there. As to her television career of the 1960's, some of you may remember her as Henrietta Plout on "Petticoat Junction" for a few seasons.:wave: :wave:

Nedrta
12-15-2002, 12:35 AM
Why would anyone have a crush on Lynette Winter? She is not even as nice looking as Sally Field (who in turn wasn't as nice looking as Sandra Dee).

Pitooey2
12-15-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by CajunFan
I'm new to this board. I have some information as to what ever happened to LaRue (Lynette Winter). She met and married a man from Abbeville, Louisiana and moved there in the early 1970's. Her married name became "Cessac." She arrived with a degree in English Education and was hired at Kaplan High School - a high school in a neighboring town 9 miles from Abbeville. In my Soph. year at Kaplan High School, 1974-75, she (Lynette Winter - or Mrs. Cessac as we called her) was my English teacher. She was a fantastic teacher and quite inspirational. She was pregnant during that year and gave birth to a son later in 1975. I believe that she also had a second child, but not certain as to the year of birth. She became one of the founders of a local theatrical group in Abbeville called "The Abbey Players" who still stage productions today. She and her husband divorced in the late 70's and she moved back to California. I was able to contact her by phone while visiting San Diego in 1986 and had a nice but brief conversation. I understand that recently she was teaching at LaJolla Country Day School, a private school in LaJolla, California, but am uncertain if she is still a member of the faculty there. I also heard that she was doing some local theater there. As to her television career of the 1960's, some of you may remember her as Henrietta Plout on "Petticoat Junction" for a few seasons.:wave: :wave:

Thanks Cajun - It's nice to hear something about her. Welcome to you.............:wave: :thanks: :candle:

Nedrta
01-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Cajunfan, a question. Did Lynette Winter play Ursula in the 1961 film The Parent Trap alongside Hayley Mills?

Shindigger
03-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Hi Cajunfan! Thanks for the info on Lynette, because I too had often wondered whatever became of her. Lynette/LaRue, to me, was a pretty girl; there was definitely something there...
In the first few episodes, I think her character was more for comic relief, but after awhile, she started wearing some really stylin' stuff and she just had this sorta "smolderingly understated beauty" that kinda sneaks up on you; you'd be paying attenton to Gidget, becasue she's the lead, but then you'd look and see that LaRue was actually quite attractive too. Plus with LaRue, you got the impression that no matter how shy you were with girls (like I was!) she'd make you feel very at ease and like you were king of the world!