PDA

View Full Version : why did Martin end?


sweetflava
07-03-2002, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know the reason Martin ended? Was it cancelled or did it decide to call it quits?

danithang
07-05-2002, 01:53 AM
Martin decided to call it quits, I think he said he wanted to focus more on his movie career. I also think it wasn't the same without Gina because the show was pretty much based on her and Martin's relationship. They were also running out of storylines and the fire it once had because they started focusing more on Pam.

Halem*flyest
08-13-2002, 11:04 PM
[FONT=times new roman]
[SIZE=3]
What's up Yall, I am a [SIZE=4]HUGE[SIZE=3]Martin Fan So I Know everything About that Show I seen All the martin Shows Well I just want to tell everybody Why the show ended,
The show was getting too Sexually Explicit (if you know what i mean) and it was getting where every episode had a Sex scene Invovled, so Tisha Campbell (Gina) Was'nt Getting to Comfortable
She was Married As the Show was being taped and she did'nt want it to be like this all the time being aired on National televison, She knew she had a Husband a family to go back home to and she knew it was acting and all She felt the Character Gina role was going to far, So I'm assuming There was a taping of the show and Martin and Gina Had a Sex Part, She Was fed up with so she did'nt do her scene and left the studio, so later that night in Tisha Campbell Words was"I was At my Car and he just was pushing up on me I was telling him to stop after i Realized how serious he was because martin is a Genirous man and he always hugged and Kissed me on and off Scene so i took as he was just being hisself but no not this time :wave: Martin Knew i was a Happily married woman but he must have gotten it in his head that i wanted to take the Character Gina more seriouslly so i'm yelling martin Stop please martin don't do this and he would'nt listen until he seen there was another vehicle entering the parking lot he left it alone He thinking It's his show and all he must of thought i was going to continue and do the show, but no not me, So i can be harrassed all the time and don't do nothing about it, that' next week i went to the producers and told them that i was Quittting the show i could'nt do it another time" That was Tisha Campbell's Exact words that she Said in an interview she had with bet Ed gordon,
Holla At cha Girl:crazy:

Jaleesa
03-23-2003, 12:54 PM
thanks i didn't know how the story was....

TVFactFan
03-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Jaleesa
thanks i didn't know how the story was....


he show could have went 3or 4 more years-they could have replaced Gina-how hard was that.

danithang
03-27-2003, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry, but I couldn't see anybody else being Gina. Martin and Tisha Campbell had such great chemistry together I just couldn't see that getting easily replaced. I don't think a lot of people would have accepted that and it would have got cancelled anyway. I think it was time for Martin to end anyway you could tell in the last few seasons that the show wasn't nearly as good as the first couple of seasons. It ended at the right time because a lot of shows have one too many seasons which ruins it for most people, Martin didn't overstay its welcome.

TVFactFan
03-27-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by danithang
I'm sorry, but I couldn't see anybody else being Gina. Martin and Tisha Campbell had such great chemistry together I just couldn't see that getting easily replaced. I don't think a lot of people would have accepted that and it would have got cancelled anyway. I think it was time for Martin to end anyway you could tell in the last few seasons that the show wasn't nearly as good as the first couple of seasons. It ended at the right time because a lot of shows have one too many seasons which ruins it for most people, Martin didn't overstay its welcome.


I didn't say bring another female on the show and also call her Gina, i said they could have found a more attractive women to play martin's girlfriend. oF course with a different name.

Jaleesa
03-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by SOLOMON



I didn't say bring another female on the show and also call her Gina, i said they could have found a more attractive women to play martin's girlfriend. oF course with a different name.
I agree...I wasn't ready for the show to end that fast...that was my favorite show!

danithang
04-01-2003, 05:42 PM
That would have been just as bad. It would have been pointless to bring in some new chick to be his girlfriend since the whole point of the show was Martin and Gina's relationship. And I don't think replacing Gina would have been too accepted anyway. Like I said before it would have been hard to replace that chemistry that Martin and Tisha had anyway.

TVFactFan
04-01-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by danithang
That would have been just as bad. It would have been pointless to bring in some new chick to be his girlfriend since the whole point of the show was Martin and Gina's relationship. Like I said before it would have been hard to replace that chemistry between Martin and Tisha anyway.

Tisha Campbell was replaceable. The title of the show was called Martin, not Martin and Gina. So the change could have been made.

danithang
04-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Like I said before, Martin had run it's course, it was time for it to end. And I'm glad it ended when it did and actually had a last episode rather than having more seasons just to have gotten cancelled with no ending. All we can do is enjoy the reruns and stop dwelling on what should have been, everything happens for a reason.

TVFactFan
04-01-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by danithang
Like I said before, Martin had run it's course, it was time for it to end. And I'm glad it ended when it did and actually had a last episode rather than having more seasons just to have gotten cancelled with no ending. All we can do is enjoy the reruns and stop dwelling on what should have been, everything happens for a reason.

I don;t even know why she came back if she refused to be in the same scene with him. That last episode was weird.

danithang
04-01-2003, 06:12 PM
Have you seen the intimate portrait on Tisha Campbell? When she was talking about Martin, she didn't seem like she had any bad feelings toward him. She talked like she still had a lot of respect for him despite of what happened. I doubt she will ever work with him again, but at least it seems like she has put the past behind her where it belongs.

laneyday
10-20-2003, 05:26 PM
I agree. Tisha Campbell-Martin and Martin Lawrence have worked together a long time in movies. They did a couple of House Party movies together or maybe just one but they knew each other a long time. The sit. Martin had to go. It was time. The episodes after Gina left were tired and you could see they were trying too hard to make the thing happen...it just wasn't working. Even if they did replace ANYONE, it would be a hard climb and a definate fall. Gina helped make Martin work.:wave:

marvin g
10-22-2003, 09:05 PM
All good things must come to a end! It had a good run enjoy the reruns! Besides Martin's movie career is not doing too badly, though he needs to be a little picky about some of his projects.

isiahthomas
11-17-2003, 03:53 PM
MarvinG u trippin. Martin's movie career now is wack. His last 3 movies before Bad Boys 2 were s****y. What's The Worst That Could Happen, Black Knight, National Security all sucked. His RunTelDat standup movie was pretty good though. I think he should stop doing movies. He's not that funny anymore plus him & Will made the fans wait too long for another Bad Boys sequel. I understand they both got busy schedules but Bad Boys 2 should've came out a long time ago. Martin is gonna make a sequel to Blue Streak. Blue Streak doesn't need a sequel. What would be the point? I didn't like the first Blue Streak that much. Tisha Campbell should be thankful Martin got her on his tv show cause her movie career is lame. She's alright on My Wife & Kids. I like how she has her hair on the show. Before she had her hair curly & it looked ugly that way. Has anybody seen her Sprung movie with Joe Torry & Paula Jai Parker? LOL that movie was boring.

laneyday
11-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Tell me about it.:bored: