PDA

View Full Version : Roseanne's baby question

twinkle44301
07-02-2002, 05:23 PM
I seem to remember an episode where Dan and Roseanne are waiting in the doc's office (maybe she had an amnio) for test results. The doc tells them the baby is fine and that the baby is a girl.

What happened? Didn't she have a boy? Was this ever explained? Or was I just dreaming??? :)

Will and Grace Fanatic
07-03-2002, 12:25 AM
I beleive the writers just screwed up on this it was said through out the whole pregancy that is was a girl until the actually birth when it was a boy instead.

twinkle44301
07-03-2002, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the answer. Glad to know I haven't lost my mind....yet anyway!! :)

nbc
07-07-2002, 10:24 PM
The writers didn't screw up, Roseanne found out she was pregnant in real life a couple of months after her character, since she was having a boy she changed it in the show to reflect real life, she explained this after the halloween episode when the audience were allowed to ask her questions. Many have said this was so her son could play Andy but I don't remember him being credited for the role.

Will and Grace Fanatic
07-07-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by nbc
The writers didn't screw up, Roseanne found out she was pregnant in real life a couple of months after her character, since she was having a boy she changed it in the show to reflect real life, she explained this after the halloween episode when the audience were allowed to ask her questions. Many have said this was so her son could play Andy but I don't remember him being credited for the role.

But if it only happened a couple months after why didn't they changed it to a boy before the actual birth episode.

nbc
07-08-2002, 05:29 PM
brent

I am pretty sure she didn't find out the sex of the baby until he was born, remember her character was also pregnant for 13 months so I doubt she was too worried about continuity.

ClassicTV4Ever
07-11-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by nbc

LOL, well there goes my theory of what I thought happened :D I sure don't pay attention a whole lot. I always thought that the reason why Roseanne changed the baby to a boy was because of the death of Jerry Garcia and wanted to have the baby named after him in his memory.

flagler
07-23-2002, 05:18 AM
I wouldn't rule that out as one of the reasons, I just remember at the end of the Halloween episode Roseanne was answering questions and a person asked why she changed the sex of the baby from a boy to a girl.

Roseanne replied that she likes the show to be a refelction of her life and so she decided to make the baby a boy to reflect the fact that she had a boy in real life.

I don't know if she also said it was because she wanted to honour Jerry Garcia, but she did do a sort of tribute to him in the episode so it is possible.

Southern Hellraiser
03-14-2005, 07:13 AM
That was the reason she changed it to a boy ClassicTV4ever.So you're right :wave:

SchuminWeb
03-16-2005, 12:26 AM
If I recall, she said that the amnio was wrong, and they said "girl" before they knew, but she wanted it to be like it was in her real family.

I think, in hindsight, it didn't really matter, since I don't think that Jerry ever played a significant role in any episode.

Ben F. Schumin :-)

barb1686
03-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Was Jerry Roseanne's real son? Someone said she wanted her son to play Andy, but her son was Jerry...I'm so confused lol

Southern Hellraiser
03-17-2005, 08:57 PM
No.Her sons name is Buck Thomas,but the twins that played Jerry were Cole and Robert Morgan.

rinarina
03-18-2005, 07:32 AM
I have had and AMNIO and they are 100% and not usually wrong so it was a f up on the writers part even if Roseanne changed her mind and wanted the baby to be a boy instead of a girl it was a f up because if she had an AMNIO it would have showed the sex correctly..NOW an ultrasound can be wrong but and AMNIO is usually ALWAYS right thats why when they think there is a problem they give them to you because they take DNA sample from the baby and can get the dna matchup now if the baby was a BOY the dna wouldnt have showd it being a girl...NOT THAT it really matters because I DO realize this is just TV..but im just sayn.... ;)